Dunfermline Athletic v Raith Rovers

3 hours ago, Roath Raver said:

Away clubs can’t provide video streaming during the pandemic as part of an agreement made by all clubs. Not sure where you are getting that Raith didn’t allow the opportunity for a commentary stream if Dunfermline wanted to do one. 

I'd imagine we were big and sensible enough to realise that with it being a home game for Raith, and being one of your only sources of income we'd leave it to you. 

2 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

I must have misread that - I thought initially Mcmanus was going to be playing in goals. 

I thought they were maybe going to go with only ten men to make up for the time a fee years back when they brought a sub on, but no one went off, leaving them with twelve men on the pitch. 

Was it not eleven men on the pitch? McGregor had been sent off. 

So it’s ridiculous that, during a global pandemic where clubs have lost their main source of revenue, we aren’t allowing away clubs to take away some of this valuable revenue from us? You seem to be the only club expecting that this season. Our media team normally offer commentary home and away and live stream home and away for those abroad, but this season they appreciate that every club needs the revenue, so have accepted (like every other club), that streaming replaces ticket revenue for home teams. It’s bizarre that you can’t seem to understand this.

Steady. It’s not “our club” refusing to accept it, it’s one poster.

I think most people accept that it’s not unreasonable for the home club to deny the away club the opportunity to take away some of its revenue.

54 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Steady. It’s not “our club” refusing to accept it, it’s one poster.

I think most people accept that it’s not unreasonable for the home club to deny the away club the opportunity to take away some of its revenue.

This is also true. 

I am a bit baffled by Raith fans not watching the game because they might get beat though, I don't understand the logic behind that at all. 

I think that come the 2nd of January we’ll all be looking forward to our first visit (virtual this time) to East End Park since 2017. My last visit was the 0-0 draw in November 2016. Time before that was the 2-0 win in the Challenge Cup in 2013. A repeat of either of those scorelines would do. 

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I'd imagine we were big and sensible enough to realise that with it being a home game for Raith, and being one of your only sources of income we'd leave it to you. 

Was it not eleven men on the pitch? McGregor had been sent off. 

You could well be right with that. I'm sure it was a double sub and two came on and only one (Andy Kirk IIRC) went off. The most utterly bizarre thing about it was the referee going across to the Pars dugout and giving Kirk a yellow card! 

How many years ago was that now? And still Raith fans bring it up. Remind me how it affected the outcome of the game?

I’m certain there were 10 men on the pitch due to McGregor getting sent off. The mixup literally lasted 20 seconds before the referee sorted it. Think we were bringing Ryan Thomson on. We also threw that game away. We also won the league that year, with Martin Hardie scoring 2 goals to win it in a title-decider at EEP. Just so we’re clear what the outcome of that season was and put a weird 20 second mistake from the officials in one game to the side.

27 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

You could well be right with that. I'm sure it was a double sub and two came on and only one (Andy Kirk IIRC) went off. The most utterly bizarre thing about it was the referee going across to the Pars dugout and giving Kirk a yellow card! 

I'm not sure if it was meant, but I hope it was, shithousery is beautiful in football. 

44 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I’m certain there were 10 men on the pitch due to McGregor getting sent off. The mixup literally lasted 20 seconds before the referee sorted it. Think we were bringing Ryan Thomson on. We also threw that game away. We also won the league that year, with Martin Hardie scoring 2 goals to win it in a title-decider at EEP. Just so we’re clear what the outcome of that season was and put a weird 20 second mistake from the officials in one game to the side.

Aye, fair play. 

Hardie was some signing for you. 

Apparently we enquired about signing him on loan from St Johnstone, but couldn't afford his wages. 

18 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Aye, fair play. 

Hardie was some signing for you. 

Apparently we enquired about signing him on loan from St Johnstone, but couldn't afford his wages. 

We nailed that January window, from memory I think Raith brought in Kevin Smith and two other signings, thankfully none hit the ground running. 

I liked when raith dropped the best keeper in the league and played a midget and lost the league as a result.

And played Simmons and Walker on the wings!

I like the conspiracy theory that we couldn’t afford to be promoted so threw the game over the more realistic one that Mcglynn completely lost the plot.

30 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

We nailed that January window, from memory I think Raith brought in Kevin Smith and two other signings, thankfully none hit the ground running. 

Wasn't Kevin Smith. Was Gary Wales and Kevin Mcbride I think. 

14 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Wasn't Kevin Smith. Was Gary Wales and Kevin Mcbride I think. 

Ah right, I remember it being a striker who had done well at Raith previously, I'd forgotten about Gary Wales. He scored an absolute Wonder goal during your title season not long before, had me worrying he'd be doing that every week.