Dunfermline Athletic v Raith Rovers

6 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Raith Rovers media currently live text from home club streams, to a world wide audience with no complaint that revenue is being denied.

If permission is granted for media to attend the away game and broadcast audio commentary why is this different to sitting in a room to do the same?

Let it go man, you’re making a tit of yourself

8 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Cant believe what I’m seeing on here tonight from Raith fans. 

Not watching a derby after one poor performance when you have had a largely excellent start to the season, with the second highest goal difference in the division after being promoted. Baffling. 

I've absolutely no interest in watching us get thumped by our local rivals. 

There are limited changes we can make, Spencer should start in front of Tait who hasn't really been at it for a couple of weeks now. Tait is a good player, and hopefully someone who will go on to better things, but at his age, consistency is not necessarily there and so it has proved.

Getting Keiran McDonald back into left back so we can move Masonda back into the middle is also a must. Gives us a genuine attacking threat that Masonda won't and adds a new dimension to an attack if Tumilty decides to be shite again.

What is interesting to me is that when our midfield fails, it fails as a unit. There isn't one guy in there still playing well or trying to make  things happen, they all just go flat. Partly I guess that is to do with Hendry being a single point of failure, he's the guy who has to start the move off, to keep the ball moving. If he can't find space or is not having a good game it just doesn't happen for us.

The other part is that the game plan goes out the window - instead of short, quick passing last night for example had numerous examples of players trying to go on mazy runs and running into problems. Bewildering really.

We definitely do need other options from the bench. Vaughan, when fit will give us a lot of creativity and could play in that number 10 role dropping deeper to give Hendry an easy option, but we really can't rely on that happening at this stage. That's more a way of rejigging plan A, than plan B - we have the options to go more direct but it looked  very ad hoc last night with very little idea how best to utilise the extra strength and height.

So, yeah, we need another player. It might be Vaughan but it needs to be someone who can play with his back to goal and drop in to give Hendry an easy option. Another wide player who can do the same job as Ross or Armstrong would be nice as well  but where would you find budget for that these days.

I think what made me most angry about last nights result is it looked like our best chance of picking up points in the near future and we blew it big time. There is a reasonable worst case scenario that sees us get to February on the same points as we have now. And we'll all be nervously eyeing the bottom by then. Would be shades of the Locke season then.

Tl;dr version. Absolutely no confidence going into the Derby with little options to change things about for the better. Home win.

Edited by renton

4 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Makes perfect sense, glad we're doing it. 

If you want to listen to audio only commentary then it'll be on ParsTV.

Dunfermline have been streaming games for longer than what Raith have, was it unfathomable that Raith didn't let Dunfermline stream at Starks earlier in the season or provide a commentary stream? 

Sounds like a boycott is required. 

5 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Makes perfect sense, glad we're doing it. 

If you want to listen to audio only commentary then it'll be on ParsTV.

Dunfermline have been streaming games for longer than what Raith have, was it unfathomable that Raith didn't let Dunfermline stream at Starks earlier in the season or provide a commentary stream? 

Away clubs can’t provide video streaming during the pandemic as part of an agreement made by all clubs. Not sure where you are getting that Raith didn’t allow the opportunity for a commentary stream if Dunfermline wanted to do one. 

Anyway, like the last game, it is a big shame there can’t be crowds for this one. Hoping to see us bounce back after last night’s disappointing result.

Edited by Roath Raver

9 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Raith’s record at EEP is absolutely honking. I don’t think they have won a single match here in the past 10 years (cup and league) 

IMG_5356.jpg

It's not great by any means, but we've only actually been in the same league for three seasons in the last decade. 

And, yes we have won at East End in the last decade, albeit in the Ramsdens Cup, on our way to winning it. Tremendous seethe from the Pars fans that night when Joe Cardle celebrated our opener in front of them.

Absolutely no confidence going into the Derby with little options to change things about for the better. Home win.

I see what you and a lot of other Rovers fans are up to. Taking the QOS fans attitude to last nights game for this one. Nice strategy.

In no shape or form is this a home banker.

It's not great by any means, but we've only actually been in the same league for three seasons in the last decade. 
And, yes we have won at East End in the last decade, albeit in the Ramsdens Cup, on our way to winning it. Tremendous seethe from the Pars fans that night when Joe Cardle celebrated our opener in front of them.
I'm astounded that a former player celebrated a goal against us in a derby game and Pars fans weren't happy about this. What is the world coming to?

22 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Decent line up and going by last night you’re spot on not needing to play a keeper.

I must have misread that - I thought initially Mcmanus was going to be playing in goals. 

I thought they were maybe going to go with only ten men to make up for the time a fee years back when they brought a sub on, but no one went off, leaving them with twelve men on the pitch. 

10 minutes ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

I see what you and a lot of other Rovers fans are up to. Taking the QOS fans attitude to last nights game for this one. Nice strategy.

I've seen Pars fans talk about how Crawford is good for analysing other teams and tweaking his side to best exploit the individual opponent, rather than being wedded to one style of play.

If that's so, based on our previous meeting and looking at how ICT and QoS made us look like chumps, and the fact we really only have one style of football then aye, should be a fairly routine win for you.

I've seen Pars fans talk about how Crawford is good for analysing other teams and tweaking his side to best exploit the individual opponent, rather than being wedded to one style of play.
If that's so, based on our previous meeting and looking at how ICT and QoS made us look like chumps, and the fact we really only have one style of football then aye, should be a fairly routine win for you.

And with that same mentality, Morton made is look like chumps. Football doesn’t work like that, and a lot is based on the day. Yes we’ll be favourites but it’s hardly a foregone conclusion.

The season so far review thread had Rovers fans giving their team 8/10 minimum, and after one shocker it’s being branded as a potential Gary Locke season. Emotion plagues all our judgement somewhat.

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I've absolutely no interest in watching us get thumped by our local rivals. 

We've only kept one clean sheet in the league all season. We have been pish in our last few home games (and games in general before an improvement last night).

The only thumping we've dished out was to Alloa, months ago.

17 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

I must have misread that - I thought initially Mcmanus was going to be playing in goals. 

I thought they were maybe going to go with only ten men to make up for the time a fee years back when they brought a sub on, but no one went off, leaving them with twelve men on the pitch. 

How many years ago was that now? And still Raith fans bring it up. Remind me how it affected the outcome of the game?

2 minutes ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

And with that same mentality, Morton made is look like chumps. Football doesn’t work like that, and a lot is based on the day. Yes we’ll be favourites but it’s hardly a foregone conclusion.

The season so far review thread had Rovers fans giving their team 8/10 minimum, and after one shocker it’s being branded as a potential Gary Locke season. Emotion plagues all our judgement somewhat.

True, but I wasn't one of the ones branding it an 8/10. I'm a natural pessimist when it comes to the Rovers.

27 minutes ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

This is a home banker.