Dunfermline Athletic v Raith Rovers

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

I guess he means a Raith TV boy will be at the ground to to the post match interviews but can't broadcast from the ground.

But that's absolutely standard for all teams. Nothing about it is 'unfathomable' in the slightest. No away teams can broadcast a game.

3 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Our own commentary, this is the same nonsense doled out by ICT, allow media in to conduct post match interviews, yet deny permission to allow the same people, who are allowed into the ground to broadcast 'homebased' live commentary.

Broadcast how? And to which platform?

I haven't heard of any away teams doing this.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

But that's absolutely standard for all teams. Nothing about it is 'unfathomable' in the slightest. No away teams can broadcast a game.

Broadcast how?

I haven't heard of any away teams doing this.

I agree Dundee only gave us the goals as a "highlights package"

1 minute ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

It's called technology.

We've been doing live commentary from away games for years.

Don't be a tit. I was asking a genuine question as like I said, I hadn't heard of this happening.

Are you meaning live commentary on Raith TV, but audio only?

Have Raith been doing this all season?

It's audio only commentary I think. 

Don't see the issue though. Dunfermline are well within their rights to deny it. They would rather people pay for their stream than choose to listen to audio commentary from another club. 

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Are you meaning live commentary on Raith TV, but audio only?

Have Raith been doing this all season?

We've been doing this where permitted, which is ridiculous as it is within the SFA guidelines for away broadcasting.

scottish-fa-return-to-matches-protocol_spfl-championship_league-12.pdf

Just now, Zen Archer Esq. said:

We've been doing this where permitted, which is ridiculous as it is within the SFA guidelines for away broadcasting.

So have Raith been doing this at all away games this season (save the aforementioned Inverness one)?

Just now, DA Baracus said:

So have Raith been doing this at all away games this season (save the aforementioned Inverness one)?

Where permitted, as I said.

It's a simple concession seeing as the media personnel are present anyway.

Just now, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Why are you making this hard? 'When permitted'? Fine, but how often has that been this season? 

Under normal circumstances I imagine it would be fine, but as others have pointed out, the home club will want to maximise PPV revenue. Under normal circumstances there wouldn't be PPV for the vast majority of fans so there wouldn't be potentially lost revenue.

Nothing about clubs wanting to maximise their very limited revenue streams this season is unfathomable.

3 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Stupid question why don't the Raith TV sit in Starks with the Pars TV stream on a TV and commentate on that, I don't see how anyone could stop you?

Tbh I actually think if the clubs had to do this beyond next season it would be good to have a choice of commentary on games either "home" or "away"

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Why are you making this hard? 'When permitted'? Fine, but how often has that been this season? 

Under normal circumstances I imagine it would be fine, but as others have pointed out, the home club will want to maximise PPV revenue. Under normal circumstances there wouldn't be PPV for the vast majority of fans so there wouldn't be potentially lost revenue.

Nothing about clubs wanting to maximise their very limited revenue streams this season is unfathomable.

Some clubs have allowed this with no qualms, the exceptions have been the live TV matches, ICT and now Dunfermline.

Some clubs probably don't utilise the technology to broadcast away commentary, so the concept is probably alien to them.

Just now, 101 said:

Stupid question why don't the Raith TV sit in Starks with the Pars TV stream on a TV and commentate on that, I don't see how anyone could stop you?

Tbh I actually think if the clubs had to do this beyond next season it would be good to have a choice of commentary on games either "home" or "away"

Various reasons but here are a couple...

At some grounds we can’t get a feed with no commentary so it would sound like they are in an empty room as we can’t put the match audio under it. It is also the same volunteers who commentate/do post match that do media duties on matchday, so they need to be at the game for that reason. 

First half tonight I thought we played well against ICT and maybe could have had 2 goals. A draw is still a fantastic result as it has been a killer of a place for us to get anything. I think we’ll need to revert to our usual formation for this and none of the incomers did much to keep their place over the full 90 minutes. McCann could be something a bit different to play alongside McManus if Crawford sees there being a bit of tussle needed to deal with their defenders.

Raith’s record at EEP is absolutely honking. I don’t think they have won a single match here in the past 10 years (cup and league) Got to be confident of getting all three points with a fully fit squad to choose from. We missed Comrie for that game at Starks (I know he came on later on but Mayo couldn’t handle it at all) as well as Whittaker to harbour things, allowing Turner and Wilson to dictate it. They all go straight in. Turner and Wilson are absolute class acts when they are on point. They’ll be key men for us again.

IMG_5356.jpg

8 minutes ago, 101 said:

Raith Rovers media currently live text from home club streams, to a world wide audience with no complaint that revenue is being denied.

If permission is granted for media to attend the away game and broadcast audio commentary why is this different to sitting in a room to do the same?

So it’s ridiculous that, during a global pandemic where clubs have lost their main source of revenue, we aren’t allowing away clubs to take away some of this valuable revenue from us? You seem to be the only club expecting that this season. Our media team normally offer commentary home and away and live stream home and away for those abroad, but this season they appreciate that every club needs the revenue, so have accepted (like every other club), that streaming replaces ticket revenue for home teams. It’s bizarre that you can’t seem to understand this.

Raith Rovers media currently live text from home club streams, to a world wide audience with no complaint that revenue is being denied.
If permission is granted for media to attend the away game and broadcast audio commentary why is this different to sitting in a room to do the same?

It’s only a bargain £12 to see the game at EEP. There was no freebie commentary available from Starks, no and you lot bumped the PPV price up to £14.

Faux grievance.

Just buy the stream and listen to our fantastic commentary if you can’t bear to watch.

You can get text commentary from RRFC or DAFC on Twitter. the BBC will have text commentary too. No doubt they’ll also have someone at the game to give updates on the radio too.

4 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Unfathomable from the Pars that they allow media into the stadium on Saturday to do a post-match interview, yet deny live commentary, very bizarre, when the personnel are there anyway.

Makes perfect sense, glad we're doing it. 

If you want to listen to audio only commentary then it'll be on ParsTV.

3 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Some clubs have allowed this with no qualms, the exceptions have been the live TV matches, ICT and now Dunfermline.

Some clubs probably don't utilise the technology to broadcast away commentary, so the concept is probably alien to them.

Dunfermline have been streaming games for longer than what Raith have, was it unfathomable that Raith didn't let Dunfermline stream at Starks earlier in the season or provide a commentary stream?