Dunfermline Athletic v Raith Rovers

I will be giving this a miss after that shitshow I've just witnessed. 

My biggest concern so far has been that we essentially have a starting XI and we have more or less not deviated from it. Changes need to be made but I fear the scope will be somewhat limited. 

Expect Spencer to come in and Macdonald back on with Mendy dropping go the bench. Unfortunately, McKay and Davidson are both injured so there's no prospect of dropping Tumilty either. 

Edited by Michael W

Well this next phase of games is massive.

We are no longer the surprise package and you certainly got the feeling that Queens figured out exactly how to play us tonight. 

We are capable of playing some really nice stuff but we haven't really seen any evidence of a plan b yet. 

Certainly haven't turned into a bad team overnight, but it's difficult to be confident for Saturday on the back of that. 

Avoided the score and read through the Rovers vs Queens thread. Highly enjoyable, so thanks for that. 

As for this game....f**k knows. 

We made lots of changes tonight against Caley and were by far the better team first half. I have no qualms about McCann or any of those players coming in.

Thomas is off it a bit at the moment, maybe needs a wee spell out the team and could be some sub to bring on. Wilson and Turner are stick ons, would bring Whittaker back probably. 

Edited by Stoo61

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I will be giving this a miss after that shitshow I've just witnessed. 

My biggest concern so far has been that we essentially have a starting XI and we have more or less jot deviated from it. Changes need to be made but I fear the scope will be somewhat limited. 

Expect Spencer to come in and Macdonald back on with Mendy dropping go the bench. Unfortunately, McKay and Davidson are both injured so there's no prospect of dropping Tumilty either. 

Yeah I think Spencer will play. I would give Tait a bit of a rest as I feel his form has dropped off a fair bit over the last few weeks. 

Hopefully a positive reaction from tonight, I’m not sure we can play any worse, I dread to think what the score will be if we perform like that again.

We have bounced back well from defeats under McGlynn second time around, I don’t think we have lost back to back games. I would expect some changes after tonight, although we don’t have many options.

Hopefully both MacDonalds are fit, although Thomson was the only one who can’t take any blame for tonight. I’d also take Tait out and give Spencer a chance. Feel like Tait hasn’t been at his best in recent games and at his age, it won’t do him any harm to get a rest.

I would certainly take a draw, big game for us with a tough January ahead and would be good to offer some sort of reassurance that tonight was a blip, rather than a case of us being ‘found out’. The Pars fans will think we’re overreacting (and possibly we are) but tonight’s performance had to be seen to believe just how bad we were.

I’d go with (assuming the MacDonald’s are fit):

MacDonald

Tumilty    
Musonda     
Bene      
MacDonald

Matthews      
Hendry   
Spencer

Armstrong    
Duku   
Ross

Thought we played pretty well for parts of our game tonight.   Good to see us try a different formation, which worked well and rest a few key players.

Rovers have a good side this season and I won't read too much into one result.  Think there might be goals in this one again. Fairly confident of a Pars win here though.

Cant believe what I’m seeing on here tonight from Raith fans. 

Not watching a derby after one poor performance when you have had a largely excellent start to the season, with the second highest goal difference in the division after being promoted. Baffling. 

27 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Avoided the score and read through the Rovers vs Queens thread. Highly enjoyable, so thanks for that. 

As for this game....f**k knows. 

We made lots of changes tonight against Caley and were by far the better team first half. I have no qualms about McCann or any of those players coming in.

Thomas is off it a bit at the moment, maybe needs a wee spell out the team and could be some sub to bring on. Wilson and Turner are stick ons, would bring Whittaker back probably. 

It's a stretch to say we were by far the better team first half. 

I have no doubt that McManus, Dow and Thomas were rested tonight (in terms of only coming on later in the second half) for Saturday.

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Cant believe what I’m seeing on here tonight from Raith fans. 

Not watching a derby after one poor performance when you have had a largely excellent start to the season, with the second highest goal difference in the division after being promoted. Baffling. 

Aye that's a bit mental. Quite a lot of shitebags on display. Raith have a great start and one bad performance has some fans saying they won't even watch a derby match. Snivelling nonsense and they need to have a word with themselves.

3 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Unfathomable from the Pars that they allow media into the stadium on Saturday to do a post-match interview, yet deny live commentary, very bizarre, when the personnel are there anyway.

What do you mean here? I'm not following. Home teams always provide the streams and thus the commentary. What source of live commentary is being denied to Raith here? 

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What do you mean here? I'm not following. Home teams always provide the streams and thus the commentary. What source of live commentary is being denied to Raith here? 

I guess he means a Raith TV boy will be at the ground to to the post match interviews but can't broadcast from the ground.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Our own commentary, this is the same nonsense doled out by ICT, allow media in to conduct post match interviews, yet deny permission to allow the same people, who are allowed into the ground to broadcast 'homebased' live commentary.

1 minute ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Our own commentary, this is the same nonsense doled out by ICT, allow media in to conduct post match interviews, yet deny permission to allow the same people, who are allowed into the ground to broadcast 'homebased' live commentary.

I get why it's odd, but tbh I don't blame clubs protecting their income stream by not allowing the away team to broadcast.