Dundee FC vs Heart of Midlothian (02/01/2021)

33 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Which kind of backs up@DC92’s post about Ginelly

Without Ginelly available looking to Lee and Irving as the ones to provide width seems a sensible suggestion

Aidy White might even be an option by which I mean Aidy White the cavalier, maverick winger as opposed to Aidy White the defensively suspect left back

I was more thinking real width would come from the full backs and Lee and Walker could sort of drift into the areas.  It's tough though, without Ginnelly I don't trust any of our wingers.  As you say, White may come in.  He's limited but at least quick and busy.

51 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I was more thinking real width would come from the full backs and Lee and Walker could sort of drift into the areas.  It's tough though, without Ginnelly I don't trust any of our wingers.  As you say, White may come in.  He's limited but at least quick and busy.

Either way its a lot less of a puzzle when Ginnely is available

54 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Not going to lie, this pish winds me up a little bit.

Darren O'Dea literally wrote columns, spoke on the radio and tweeted about Celtic all the time whilst being captain of the club and hardly anybody batted an eyelid. 

Not sure how to call this.

Gino is missing for us. If Walker tosses a coin and get's heads for a good game then we could do well.

Charlie Adam injured? He was allowed to walk, almost literally, through our defence at Tynecastle and lessons haven't been learnt so I expect us to lose at least one goal tonight whether or not he's fully fit.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Darren O'Dea literally wrote columns, spoke on the radio and tweeted about Celtic all the time whilst being captain of the club and hardly anybody batted an eyelid. 

I made my feelings known on that at the time as well. Also, Darren O’Dea didn’t claim to be a Dundee fan.

Also I seem to remember a lot being said about Darren O’Dea congratulating Celtic in their unbeaten season at the time.

Edited by RossDee01

3 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Is Charlie confirmed as injured for tonight?

McPake said in the pre-match interview he would give "every chance" to "certain players" to be available to play tonight "up until the last minute". Either it's desperate hope or a nice wee bluff. Personally think the former.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

4 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Charlie Adam you believe isn't a Dundee fan ? 

I'm not seeing an issue what he posted. Since he was an ex Rangers player

He’s clearly a massive Rangers fan. Constantly bleating on about them on podcasts and tweeting about them constantly. I don’t have a problem  with him being a Rangers fan, each to their own, but don’t claim to be  Dundee fan if you’re not.

Just now, RossDee01 said:

He’s clearly a massive Rangers fan. Constantly bleating on about them on podcasts and tweeting about them constantly. I don’t have a problem  with him being a Rangers fan, each to their own, but don’t claim to be  Dundee fan if you’re not.

Wait till I explain to you the concept of "liking two teams".

Seriously though, Rangers was his youth team he spent a good few years there, I don't see it being that unusual.

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I remember when we beat Stirling 6-0 through their. ( maybe they scored i cant remember) however Charlie Adam was through at the game on his own. Wasnt with anyone unless maybe a pal was playing for us. Now I know personally I've seen him at a few games over the years. ( way before he mentioned about playing for us ) .

Maybe he isnt a fan like me and you but he certainly went to Dundee games, did he go to United games also?  He has a connection with us one way or another and for that I have no issue with him posting about Rangers.  

5 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

I remember when we beat Stirling 6-0 through their. ( maybe they scored i cant remember) however Charlie Adam was through at the game on his own. Wasnt with anyone unless maybe a pal was playing for us. Now I know personally I've seen him at a few games over the years. ( way before he mentioned about playing for us ) .

Maybe he isnt a fan like me and you but he certainly went to Dundee games, did he go to United games also?  He has a connection with us one way or another and for that I have no issue with him posting about Rangers.  

Fair enough, but I’m not a fan especially when he’s still playing.

Wasnt his brother playing for us at the time of that game your talking about?

Edited by RossDee01

8 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Fair enough, but I’m not a fan especially when he’s still playing.

Wasnt his brother playing for us at the time of that game your talking about?

2007/ 2008 was the year. I can't find line ups for it. Can see the scorers ( was 1-6 ) . 

Grant didn't think he played for us that long back. Maybe right though 

Just now, Robin.Hood said:

2007/ 2008 was the year. I can't find line ups for it. Can see the scorers ( was 1-6 ) . 

Grant didn't think he played for us that long back. Maybe right though 

Ah, no I don’t think he did. Can’t believe that game was 14 years ago