Dundee FC vs Heart of Midlothian (02/01/2021)

In the interest of containing Covid I would like to put the idea of Liam Fontaine and Cristophe Berra being put head to head in a 2.5k run. Winners side takes three points, loser gets taken down the back of the Derry and put out their misery. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

In the interest of containing Covid I would like to put the idea of Liam Fontaine and Cristophe Berra being put head to head in a 2.5k run. Winners side takes three points, loser gets taken down the back of the Derry and put out their misery. 

If it takes place i would suggest bringing a flask and a sleeping bag.....two of them are so slow.....could be a long drawn out event...

Whilst everyone was ridiculing Berra when we signed him (I could end the sentence there but I won't) because he picked the number 7, I was too busy choking on my tea after listening to his first interview with us and listing his pace as one of his strengths.

Which also all but confirms that Ginnelly has Covid.

Does it? Could it not be Zlamal, Souttar, Damour or Moore...none of whom who’ve featured recently? I expect you’re right tbh but I’m hoping beyond hope Gino might be a surprise inclusion!

1 minute ago, NJ2 said:

Does it? Could it not be Zlamal, Souttar, Damour or Moore...none of whom who’ve featured recently? I expect you’re right tbh but I’m hoping beyond hope Gino might be a surprise inclusion!

He's not even been mentioned in press conferences and there's been no chat before the Arbroath game he was toiling. All of a sudden someone has tested positive and one of our best players disappears, it surely has to be him?

On the plus side if he misses Saturday, the only other one he'll miss is the cup game.  

Fingers crossed whoever it is makes a speedy recovery.

He's not even been mentioned in press conferences and there's been no chat before the Arbroath game he was toiling. All of a sudden someone has tested positive and one of our best players disappears, it surely has to be him?
On the plus side if he misses Saturday, the only other one he'll miss is the cup game.  
Fingers crossed whoever it is makes a speedy recovery.

Neither have Bobby or Moore. Like I say, expect it is Gino but I hope it isn’t - would rather nobody had it like and aye, whoever it is hopefully they’re not too troubled by it.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'm surprised Ginnelly being out is such a big issue tbh. He was good against us but he was honking until his goal in the cup final. I didn't think he was that big a piece atm.

He's got genuine pace, is direct and has 3 goals in about 5 appearances.  His finishing against Celtic was poor but he was still getting in those areas, would definitely be in my team.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'm surprised Ginnelly being out is such a big issue tbh. He was good against us but he was honking until his goal in the cup final. I didn't think he was that big a piece atm.

It would be a bit of a stretch to say he's our best player, but he's probably the last player I'd want to be missing due to the complete lack of alternatives. Neilson made a big thing of building the team around "width and pace" in the summer and Ginnelly is the only one who actually offers that. We're far more predictable and easy to defend against without him in the team.

In an hour against Celtic, he scored and set up a goal and got into shooting positions. Roberts and Frear are never capable of that performance.