Dundee FC vs Heart of Midlothian (02/01/2021)

1 hour ago, AlanPartridge said:

Wighton’s second best game for us.

Injuries etc, but I can't think of a single player who I could say promised so much at 16-17, and far from not delivering, actually appears to be a poorer player at 23 than he was back then. It's mystifying.

Still think he's not a centre forward despite the added muscle, so playing him as one doesn't help, but by the gods, if Hearts don't offer him a new contract I can't see any reason at all to think about bringing him back to Dens, which is such a shame when I think about what I thought he might become when he first appeared in our team.

8 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Didn't United only get worse after January? Remember them being in rough form before the sudden end of the season.

They won twice in 2020 against Queen of the South and Partick.

18 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

First goal tonight wasn't Berra's fault, it was Kingsley's.

Second was a combination of Haring, Lee and Brandon.

Berra was undoubtedly at fault for the 3rd, and it's the worst as it's at a time where we are miles the better team and pushing for an equaliser, but he wasn't at fault for all the goals.

I'd also add it's time to bin him. Just think it's unfair to blame him for all 3 (assuming that's what you were doing and I've not misunderstood).

It's his HOOF while we're in possession that's the biggest problem. If he's not hoofing he's playing it to Gordon who isn't comfortable passing the ball either. Was raging that Kingsley wasn't getting out to the sideline to accept a pass to build play either. 

11 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

It's his HOOF while we're in possession that's the biggest problem. If he's not hoofing he's playing it to Gordon who isn't comfortable passing the ball either. Was raging that Kingsley wasn't getting out to the sideline to accept a pass to build play either. 

It also seems (to me, anyway) that opposition players don't press Berra as much as our other defenders - probably because they know that his use of the ball is poor - when Berra is eventually pressed, he's hurried into a hopeful punt or a shaky pass.

I liked Paul Ritchie for us - he knew his limitations, would defend situations, and play a short pass to a team-mate who could use the ball better than he could.

I also wonder whether Berra's shakiness could be affecting the players around him.

Berra's been great at times, but he's become a liability, and shouldn't be in the team - I reckon Neilson may keep the faith with him for a while longer, though.