Dundee FC vs Heart of Midlothian (02/01/2021)

First game of the new year. If McPake manages to avoid defeat it'd go a little way to restoring my faith in his management. That's never gonna happen though. Hearts have already Sow'n up the title if you pardon the pun. Free pop basically.

Bring it on.

If we win this (or hell, even draw), can we officially say we've turned the corner?

I still highly doubt we will, despite our goal-scoring prowess suddenly turning up. Our defence is still far too shaky and we'll concede at least a couple. If super Sow keeps this incredulous streak against his old team though, maybe.

We're at home, a place we didn't lose at in all of 2020, and hopefully we begin 2021 in similar fashion. Just keep it competitive and I probably won't be too mad.

58 minutes ago, DC92 said:

An away game without Ginnelly or Boyce? Think I might give it a miss.

A shameful admission but I'd take a point and move on.

Boyce injured? Ginnelly I'm not surprised by.

Could do with Kingsley staying out with injury as he did tonight, was a fucking nightmare up at Tynecastle.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

7 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Boyce injured? Ginnelly I'm not surprised by.

Could do with Kingsley staying out with injury as he did tonight, was a fucking nightmare up at Tynecastle.

Ginnelly has Covid I think.  It's him or White as they've both missed the last two.

Kingsley will hopefully make it. Would be surprised if Berra is available too after his head knock last night.

Dundee on a half-decent run - check

Dundee finding scoring prowess, with 3 in each of their last three games - check

Fans anticipating a mouth-watering clash with the league leaders - check

Hugely embarrassing 4-goal defeat incoming - check back on Sunday....

Dundee on a half-decent run - check
Dundee finding scoring prowess, with 3 in each of their last three games - check
Fans anticipating a mouth-watering clash with the league leaders - check
Hugely embarrassing 4-goal defeat incoming - check back on Sunday....

I think you’ve nailed it Spike. 3 down inside 15 mins. I’ll go 5-2 Hearts seeing as we’ve improved a bit.
Would be magic to win however. Remember going to Tynecastle midweek when we were in the big league and tore them a new one, can also remember gubbing them 2 nil at home, some guy came off the bench and scored them both.

(sorry but it has to be done)

Fully expect that we are conceding within the first 15 minutes, Will grab an equaliser around the 40 minute mark after a good 20 minutes spell, go into 1-1 and full of optimism. Then a fully underwhelming 2nd half and a 1-3 loss by the end of it.

If we get a point I'll be chuffed tbh.