QOS vs Ayr United

Home game, a derby, on my birthday and I can’t get to see it in the flesh 🤬 If Shields is fit and Starts with Big Tommy up front the rest of the team kinda picks itself ( given availability). Heart says Queens give another upbeat  Raithesque performance and 2-1 win, head says given this seasons evidence Ayr 3-0 win.
Happy New Year and ‘Mon The South.

If shields is fit there should be no changes to the 11 bar goalkeeper. Nothing against the young boy, but he’s no going to get another night like Tuesday again.

18 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Dumfries is 60 miles away from Ayr if you think that's a derby then you need to grow up :lol:

Theres 45 miles between Norwich and Ipswich, is that not a derby? Whats your cut off?

Its neither teams traditional derby but distance isnt exactly a grown up way of deciding what is and isnt a derby - Queens traditional derby is over 70 miles away

Edited by Mr X

13 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Theres 45 miles between Norwich and Ipswich, is that not a derby? Whats your cut off?

Its neither teams traditional derby but distance isnt exactly a grown up way of deciding what is and isnt a derby - Queens traditional derby is over 70 miles away

Our derby is with Kilmarnock and Kilmarnock only.  We have a sub-rivalry with Airdrie but it is not a derby and even then they are still closer than Queen of the South.  

Please take your derby chat to Annan. 

42 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Our derby is with Kilmarnock and Kilmarnock only.  We have a sub-rivalry with Airdrie but it is not a derby and even then they are still closer than Queen of the South.  

You know its possible to have more than one derby, right?

I don’t think it is reverse psychology to suggest a team that has won 1 and lost 8 of its last 9 home league games might lose again, especially as 3 of the 4 home games this season have finished 2-5; 0-3 and 1-3. I get the bogey team thing but some might say it is reverse psychology to big that up.
As was pointed out, though, ayr have been pretty bang average recently. We're suddenly looking toothless up front, and with our defence, if you score one, you'll score two or three.
24th August 2002 apparently. 2-1.
That was the last time i went to palmerston. I was very confident going into that game, and the idea that over 18 years later we'd not win again would've been fanciful.

I had a good night out in dumfries later that day (without getting lucky), but i hooked my missus by text on the bus home on the Sunday (quite a pivotal weekend in my life).
It is the Robert Burns Derby. 
Happy New Year an’ a’ that.
Indeed.

For aw that, an aw that - beating the queens and aw that.

Fwiw, he'd definitely have been an ayr fan.
Trying too hard there itzdrk. There's definitely a derby element to this fixture, even if it's not particularly local.

I’ve just never really cared enough about QOS to regard it as a derby. I doubt the managers or players really see it that way either.

Compared to Airdrie, where their fans are hopelessly obsessed with Ayr or Kilmarnock then it really isn’t much of a derby.

That was a great day out, and a rare “big game” in recent times.

I remember our fans working through our entire repertoire of songs that day, which includes other irrelevant songs about Neil Scally’s hat, and burning down Gretna. The cameras just happened to pick up the Ayr United chant.

I entered last week's virtual  50/50 Half-time time draw as it was advertised on the Official Site and in Palmerston Patter in D&G Standard,  only to discover afterwards that no draw was made during the Dundee game. Is it worth entering for the draw this week or is there not going to be one,  although it is again being advertised. I realise that other events following the Dundee game may have overshadowed this. 

I entered last week's virtual  50/50 Half-time time draw as it was advertised on the Official Site and in Palmerston Patter in D&G Standard,  only to discover afterwards that no draw was made during the Dundee game. Is it worth entering for the draw this week or is there not going to be one,  although it is again being advertised. I realise that other events following the Dundee game may have overshadowed this. 
They're maybe saving the money for their fine.

4 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Trying too hard there itzdrk. There's definitely a derby element to this fixture, even if it's not particularly local.

Must be a Da thing, never known anyone to give a f**k about them.