QOS vs Ayr United

16 hours ago, Hursty said:

I work with someone who is a volunteer at Albion Rovs and she says we can have the two loanees back anytime so I'm guessing they haven't made that big an impact....

Aye, that doesn't sound too good. If they are featuring maybe best leave them.

50 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Surprisingly I feel confident for this game. 0-2

Our record is so bad, I'd love to win to break the hoodoo. I'm hoping we might have someone new in before Saturday (ever the optimist!)

If we play the way we played against Alloa on their plastic surface then we should be able to get a draw at least on Palmerston's equivalent. However, that seems like a long time ago especially looking at results since so I'm not laying any stock on that performance being likely - confidence doesn't seem high enough. If Muirhead and Smith both recover from the knocks they got against Morton then I'll be happy with that - the squad without those two could suddenly look thin. A fit Tom Walsh would be a bonus.    

A manager under pressure from who though? No fans at the games and little or no input of opinion other than social media which is easily ignored. 
QOS record in 2020 is utterly appalling yet there seems no real sense of our manager being under pressure as far as I can see. The things you suggest saving Kerr are really the main issues I would think in this most unusual season.
I suspect the financial situation alone might well have saved our manager thus far.
Fair point.

I think your underestimating the power of social media though, as fans can quickly stop paying for the feeds.

The chairman will be keeping a close eye on things, and if not he's not doing his job.
This has 3-0 Ayr written all over it.
In what universe? You're just playing the old reverse psychology trick.

5-0 Queens... (shivers)

7 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

A manager under pressure from who though? No fans at the games and little or no input of opinion other than social media which is easily ignored. 

QOS record in 2020 is utterly appalling yet there seems no real sense of our manager being under pressure as far as I can see. The things you suggest saving Kerr are really the main issues I would think in this most unusual season.

I suspect the financial situation alone might well have saved our manager thus far.

Agree with this  - there is absolutely no way Ayr are sacking Kerr after little over a year with the team in mid table.   Unless we somehow had the most monumental collapse of all time and went down this season (we won't) then he is pretty safe until around this time next year I'd say.   

As for the game, I'm hopeful of a win without being overly confident.  Is Smith available I take it?  We haven't been playing particularly well but also dont seem to have been much if any worse than anyone else other than Hearts so I'm not at the same doom and gloom stage as a lot seem to be.  

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
55 minutes ago, qos_75 said:
This has 3-0 Ayr written all over it.

20/1. I'd stick a fiver on it purely because you'll kick yourself if it ends 3-0 and you've read this message.

Haha. That is a fair point.

37 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Fair point.

I think your underestimating the power of social media though, as fans can quickly stop paying for the feeds.

The chairman will be keeping a close eye on things, and if not he's not doing his job. In what universe? You're just playing the old reverse psychology trick.

5-0 Queens... (shivers)

I don’t think it is reverse psychology to suggest a team that has won 1 and lost 8 of its last 9 home league games might lose again, especially as 3 of the 4 home games this season have finished 2-5; 0-3 and 1-3. I get the bogey team thing but some might say it is reverse psychology to big that up.

4 minutes ago, Flash said:

I don’t think it is reverse psychology to suggest a team that has won 1 and lost 8 of its last 9 home league games might lose again, especially as 3 of the 4 home games this season have finished 2-5; 0-3 and 1-3. I get the bogey team thing but some might say it is reverse psychology to big that up.

Against a team that can't score or defend, a midfield that is leakier than the cast of Band of Gold,  and had their 38 year  old manager putting in a MOTM performance in the last game, which was his first game of the season.

Not to mention our horrific record at Palmerston.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

The chairman will be keeping a close eye on things, and if not he's not doing his job. 

I can see your point here Pandarilla ....... but when you factor in that (from the look of our very limited squad recruitment) our chairman would have set out for AJ his budget for the season (and most probably an ultra cautious one based on having no fans in through the gate this season) in the first place, and it's also probably highly unlikely that it allowed any contingency for a mid-season sacking of the manager, then it would be no surprise for AJ to skate through to the end of the season untouched.  I've said before in other threads that this season is completely unusual and from a QOS club perspective it has all the look of .........well, so what if we go down - at least we will have survived financially.  So I'd suggest that perhaps the normal expectations and practices for a manager don't appear to apply (at least to QOS) this season.

That said, apart from our games against Alloa and Arbroath which must be in the absolutely "don't lose" category, then you would think that the only other likely sides where Queens could conceivably sneak points this season should be from Morton or Ayr and hoping that those sides aren't really up for it on the day (like Raith the other night).  Ayr should win this, but I never learn and so I'm going to allow myself a faint glimmer of hope pre-kick off.

Guest TOPFITTER

Home game, a derby, on my birthday and I can’t get to see it in the flesh 🤬 If Shields is fit and Starts with Big Tommy up front the rest of the team kinda picks itself ( given availability). Heart says Queens give another upbeat  Raithesque performance and 2-1 win, head says given this seasons evidence Ayr 3-0 win.

Happy New Year and ‘Mon The South.

9 hours ago, TOPFITTER said:

Home game, a derby, on my birthday and I can’t get to see it in the flesh 🤬 If Shields is fit and Starts with Big Tommy up front the rest of the team kinda picks itself ( given availability). Heart says Queens give another upbeat  Raithesque performance and 2-1 win, head says given this seasons evidence Ayr 3-0 win.

Happy New Year and ‘Mon The South.

39DC4FAC-D593-4E5C-89F0-6A8E2E020E2B.jpeg.4062f305aa81bff7bf47767125a2f7a3.jpeg