QOS vs Ayr United

He had also had a great tackle on the main stand touch line at one point. Fella needs to give it up and give some credit where it’s due
I've given credit where it's due. The problem isn't me underplaying the guy, it's folk over-stating his ability.

44 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Of course it's a good thing. The point is DM get a lot of bookings as result of going in to so many tackles and the odds of making a mess of one of them is very high. Either Pybus is just a superb tackler or he doesn't tackle anywhere near as much as his fans make out (I'll give you a clue, he isn't a superb tackler).

You're probably right about McKenna but Jacobs covered a lot of ground. He was always getting into decent positions further forward and blowing it as well.

I don't think Pybus has played any differently in the last two games tbh, it's been the same all season. He's been consistent if nothing else. He was praised against Alloa as well, where he put in a similar performance as the last two. The week after he never received as much praise for some reason... I just find it strange that folk are falling over his performances in the 3 games where we've won but no such comments are being made in the games we lose. Surely if he's putting in excellent shifts, even in the games we lose then it deserves praise?

As I said, watch some of the top teams, there DMs dont go into lots of tackles. Pybus isnt really a DM anyway. As I said, hes far closer to Bowey in style of play.

I dont think anyone is falling over his performances. Again, as I said its no coincidence that moving Pybus further forward has given the midfield a better balance and made it more effective. His performances have been consistent but he's doing it in a different area.

41 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
49 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

He had also had a great tackle on the main stand touch line at one point. Fella needs to give it up and give some credit where it’s due

I've given credit where it's due. The problem isn't me underplaying the guy, it's folk over-stating his ability.

Again, I dont think anyone is over-stating his ability. He's clearly limited in terms of passing ability and he's not going to burst into the box and score 20 goals a season a la Jon O'Neill. However, he is reasonably effective at what he does and has clearly contributed to the last two wins.

You seem unwilling to acknowledge that based on the fact that he isnt Glen Hoddle on the ball.

Again, I dont think anyone is over-stating his ability. He's clearly limited in terms of passing ability and he's not going to burst into the box and score 20 goals a season a la Jon O'Neill. However, he is reasonably effective at what he does and has clearly contributed to the last two wins.
You seem unwilling to acknowledge that based on the fact that he isnt Glen Hoddle on the ball.

Unwilling to acknowledge what, that he hasn't contributed to the victories? Of course he has. We are a team full of average/below average players for this division so when we get rare wins it's because everyone has mucked in. You could argue that it was two moments of individual brilliance from Shields that won us the game yesterday but for all he was outstanding, it really was a team effort. I've already had a pop at the hopeless Buchanan but even he cleared a chance off the line.

I just don't think Pybus did any more than everyone else yesterday. The only person who stood out massively was the already mentioned Shields.

Time will tell if moving Pybus is the hidden piece of the puzzle and AJ has cracked it and we may well go on a pick up more wins as a result. Personally I'm skeptical and think once we face a team with a decent CM we'll be overrun again. I genuinely hope I'm wrong and if I am I'll put my hands up and say Pybus has contributed more than I'm giving him credit for.

And FWIW, for all I'm not a fan of Pybus I think it's fair to say he'll never be Hoddle. I don't rate him as a footballer but I don't think the boy is a w****r either.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Unwilling to acknowledge what, that he hasn't contributed to the victories? Of course he has. We are a team full of average/below average players for this division so when we get rare wins it's because everyone has mucked in. You could argue that it was two moments of individual brilliance from Shields that won us the game yesterday but for all he was outstanding, it really was a team effort. I've already had a pop at the hopeless Buchanan but even he cleared a chance off the line.

I just don't think Pybus did any more than everyone else yesterday. The only person who stood out massively was the already mentioned Shields.

Time will tell if moving Pybus is the hidden piece of the puzzle and AJ has cracked it and we may well go on a pick up more wins as a result. Personally I'm skeptical and think once we face a team with a decent CM we'll be overrun again. I genuinely hope I'm wrong and if I am I'll put my hands up and say Pybus has contributed more than I'm giving him credit for.

And FWIW, for all I'm not a fan of Pybus I think it's fair to say he'll never be Hoddle. I don't rate him as a footballer but I don't think the boy is a w****r either.

I dont think anyone is particularly saying Pybus did more than anyone else yesterday. The point was that your default position is to constantly criticise him and yesterday you had the opportunity to acknowledge his contribution, including an assist for the winner.

Instead you chose to criticise because he got into good positions but didnt do anything. If Pybus gets a goal or an assist its a bonus, its not really what hes in the team for.

I dont think anyone is particularly saying Pybus did more than anyone else yesterday. The point was that your default position is to constantly criticise him and yesterday you had the opportunity to acknowledge his contribution, including an assist for the winner.
Instead you chose to criticise because he got into good positions but didnt do anything. If Pybus gets a goal or an assist its a bonus, its not really what hes in the team for.

That's not what's happened here though is it? The only person I criticised in my game 'assessment' was Buchanan. It was you who brought Pybus up in the first place and I acknowledged his through ball, which I genuinely never knew was him at the time. The only other time I discussed Pybus on here is in response to yourself and ALOREBURNE.

You're making out that I've came on here and just had an unprovoked pop at Pybus which isn't the case.

19 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I actually didn't. When it was live I only looked up from my sulk when I saw Shields was through and for the replay I was too busy celebrating.

Aye fair play if he set up the winner. One good pass from the numerous good positions he found himself in today certainly deserves due praise ;)

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's not what's happened here though is it? The only person I criticised in my game 'assessment' was Buchanan. It was you who brought Pybus up in the first place and I acknowledged his through ball, which I genuinely never knew was him at the time. The only other time I discussed Pybus on here is in response to yourself and ALOREBURNE.

You're making out that I've came on here and just had an unprovoked pop at Pybus which isn't the case.

What provoked that pop then?

Going by the stream Queens had grafters all over the park, we did not and that’s how they got The breaks and the result. Two long balls out of defence where you had the one on ones and the boy did his job. To loose that game after getting what looked like was a point was criminal defending, so the hoodoo goes on if we can’t win with no Debbie we never will.

3 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Going by the stream Queens had grafters all over the park, we did not and that’s how they got The breaks and the result. Two long balls out of defence where you had the one on ones and the boy did his job. To loose that game after getting what looked like was a point was criminal defending, so the hoodoo goes on if we can’t win with no Debbie we never will.

:huh:

You sure you watched the right stream?

If by long ball for the first one you mean "Running from his own half and our defenders getting nowhere near him before a composed finish" then you're absolutely right.