QOS vs Ayr United

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Not one bit? So there's literally no-one in the team you would keep? A whole new team needed?

Ffs you're a very good poster but this is just nonsense.

Every team needs a few strong characters, that pull things forward when things are going to shit. These players are vital - and we don't have any at the moment.

But there's plenty of talent there if we can add the right players in January.

If kerr doesn't realise that then I'd hope Cameron will make the change - but from the interviews i suspect he knows how badly things are going right now. Finances will dictate that he'll be given every chance to get things sorted.

I don't think there's any heart in the team, they don't talk to eachother, they don't try and pick eachother up when the chips are down (they did in the Stranraer game or Roscoe did anyway).  The management team has to remind them to talk to eachother.  

I think Smith, McCowan, Walsh and the goalie are players I'd actively want to see play for us going into next season, the rest I'd be quite happy to see away (yes, even Moff, get him coaching). 

There's a meek, losers mentality in that squad where capitulation is the norm.  I'm glad Kerr is slaying them publicly and hope he realises we need other positions (and personalities) more urgently than a striker.  

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Not one bit? So there's literally no-one in the team you would keep? A whole new team needed?

Ffs you're a very good poster but this is just nonsense.

Every team needs a few strong characters, that pull things forward when things are going to shit. These players are vital - and we don't have any at the moment.

But there's plenty of talent there if we can add the right players in January.

If kerr doesn't realise that then I'd hope Cameron will make the change - but from the interviews i suspect he knows how badly things are going right now. Finances will dictate that he'll be given every chance to get things sorted.

This should have been abundantly clear to Kerr in the summer after he let Bell go. It wasn’t fixed then so I’m not really getting this pinning all our hopes on it being miraculously fixed this transfer window.

Some unjust criticism again towards him today 
There's been absolutely no unjust criticism towards him today, unless facts are unjust. He got into some really good positions today and yet again his lack of footballing ability meant he did nothing when he got there. He set up the winner (which I genuinely missed) and he covered a lot of ground (though I expect that from CM) so for that he deserves some praise.

For me describing a midfielder as “putting in a shift” falls into the same category as a goalkeeper being described as a “good shot stopper”.

Both phrases sound like they should be compliments, but actually they are just describing the bare minimum that should be expected from the role and suggests they are only capable of the bare minimum and bring little else.

Just a general viewpoint I have. Not based on today as I didn’t see it.

8 minutes ago, Jan mosniack said:

It’s a tricky one. He is frustrating as fuq at times but i genuinely think with a bit of proper coaching he could really kick on.

I disagree. The things he is good at are the things that can be coached in to you, it's the natural ability that he is severely lacking. I suppose he deserves credit, because he does appear to be getting the most he can out of a very limited ability, and I imagine that he is good to coach. However, he just isn't nearly good enough, unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I disagree. The things he is good at are the things that can be coached in to you, it's the natural ability that he is severely lacking. I suppose he deserves credit, because he does appear to be getting the most he can out of a very limited ability, and I imagine that he is good to coach. However, he just isn't nearly good enough, unfortunately.

Harsh. But you are mibees right. However, in the great scheme of things I’m working my way quietly thro another bottle of wine feeling good celebrating yet another victory. Ah know it’s only two but we have tae start somewhere.

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Interested to know what you think these are?

For me, his strengths are athletic ability, reading the game defensively, positioning, and winning the ball in the tackle. I wouldn't think those can easily be coached, whereas having a cooler head in possession and a better shape on his passes could be. I am also in the camp thinking if he acquires those parts of the game, he'd likely move to a bigger club. But I am not saying you're wrong, genuinely interested in your perspective on it.

26 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

For me, his strengths are athletic ability, reading the game defensively, positioning, and winning the ball in the tackle. I wouldn't think those can easily be coached, whereas having a cooler head in possession and a better shape on his passes could be. I am also in the camp thinking if he acquires those parts of the game, he'd likely move to a bigger club. But I am not saying you're wrong, genuinely interested in your perspective on it.

Correct. All the traits of a holding/defensive midfielder but because he’s missing chances he’s ‘shite’. The dirty work goes unnoticed. The question I ask, are they really watching the game? 

9 hours ago, FrankReynolds said:

Nice one, first back to back wins since October 2019! 

Pretty sure it’s first back to back wins in the league since December 2019. 

We showed some character today. 

6 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

I would argue that athleticism comes from training hard, nothing else, and positioning is definitely something that is a coached trait. His inability to play simple passes/finish when in good positions is simply due to not having the technical ability. If he had McKee's natural technique, combined with his own attitude, he'd be a hell of a player.

5 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Correct. All the traits of a holding/defensive midfielder but because he’s missing chances he’s ‘shite’. The dirty work goes unnoticed. The question I ask, are they really watching the game? 

He's shite because after he wins the ball (which he does do a lot of) he inevitably gifts it straight back. Are you really watching the game?

He's shite because after he wins the ball (which he does do a lot of) he inevitably gifts it straight back. Are you really watching the game?

Which Kyle Jacobs done and most liked him. I’m by no means Pybus biggest fan but credit where it’s due he has a good game yesterday.

Pybus's second biggest trick is convincing fans he's good in the tackle. He isn't a good tackler. I think he won one yesterday. Blocking a pass and tackling are two entirely different things.

DM is a position I generally love as they are the unsung hero of the team so I'm well aware of the work they do. McKenna, Jacobs, MacFarlane and even as far back as McColligan. If you took those players out the side there was a noticeable dip in the side. Was there a noticeable dip when Pybus was missing earlier? Not really.

Jacobs and Pybus were similar in that they both got into great positions and shit the bed. Pybus chases players whereas Jacobs actually got stuck in to players. His yellow card count telling the story as is the case with most DM due to the amount of tackles they put in. Has Pybus been booked this season?

I don't think it's Pybus's critics who aren't watching the game tbh.

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Pybus's second biggest trick is convincing fans he's good in the tackle. He isn't a good tackler. I think he won one yesterday. Blocking a pass and tackling are two entirely different things.

DM is a position I generally love as they are the unsung hero of the team so I'm well aware of the work they do. McKenna, Jacobs, MacFarlane and even as far back as McColligan. If you took those players out the side there was a noticeable dip in the side. Was there a noticeable dip when Pybus was missing earlier? Not really.

Jacobs and Pybus were similar in that they both got into great positions and shit the bed. Pybus chases players whereas Jacobs actually got stuck in to players. His yellow card count telling the story as is the case with most DM due to the amount of tackles they put in. Has Pybus been booked this season?

I don't think it's Pybus's critics who aren't watching the game tbh.

Surely, not being booked is a good thing, or are we saying a DM is only good if they go flying into tackles as if it were the 80's?

He definitely doesnt tackle as much as McKenna or Jacobs but then he covers far more ground than either of them did. He's far more like Bowey than either of those two - another player whos technical ability was pretty limited.

I dont think its any coincidence that moving Pybus further forward and having him close down higher up the pitch has seen both two wins and much improved performances from McKee and McCabe.

Was the one tackle you saw the crucial one on the edge of the box right at the end of the game when he took it off Moffats feet, or were you still celebrating and missed that one too?

ETA - blocking a pass and tackling are different but both equally effective. Watch the top teams like Liverpool and see how many times they tackle opponents and how many times they intercept and block passes

Edited by Mr X

Surely, not being booked is a good thing, or are we saying a DM is only good if they go flying into tackles as if it were the 80's?
He definitely doesnt tackle as much as McKenna or Jacobs but then he covers far more ground than either of them did. He's far more like Bowey than either of those two - another player whos technical ability was pretty limited.
I dont think its any coincidence that moving Pybus further forward and having him close down higher up the pitch has seen both two wins and much improved performances from McKee and McCabe.
Was the one tackle you saw the crucial one on the edge of the box right at the end of the game when he took it off Moffats feet, or were you still celebrating and missed that one too?
ETA - blocking a pass and tackling are different but both equally effective. Watch the top teams like Liverpool and see how many times they tackle opponents and how many times they intercept and block passes

He had also had a great tackle on the main stand touch line at one point. Fella needs to give it up and give some credit where it’s due

Of course it's a good thing. The point is DM get a lot of bookings as result of going in to so many tackles and the odds of making a mess of one of them is very high. Either Pybus is just a superb tackler or he doesn't tackle anywhere near as much as his fans make out (I'll give you a clue, he isn't a superb tackler).

You're probably right about McKenna but Jacobs covered a lot of ground. He was always getting into decent positions further forward and blowing it as well.

I don't think Pybus has played any differently in the last two games tbh, it's been the same all season. He's been consistent if nothing else. He was praised against Alloa as well, where he put in a similar performance as the last two. The week after he never received as much praise for some reason... I just find it strange that folk are falling over his performances in the 3 games where we've won but no such comments are being made in the games we lose. Surely if he's putting in excellent shifts, even in the games we lose then it deserves praise?