QOS vs Ayr United

That was a gutsy win - end to end stuff and certainly one of the better games. Draw would have probably been a fair result. McCabe should have put the ball out for corner rather than turning it into the danger area (for the Ayr equaliser). Great commitment from us today and while we lived dangerously at times we had numerous decent chances as well. Fitting that MOM Shields got winner as he was exceptional. Thought Obileye, Gibson, McKee and of course Shields were big performers for us today.

Guest TOPFITTER

Enjoyed the win but it does not hide the fact our midfield work hard but are awful. Fitapatrick a bombscare AJ can surely see he needs dropped or punted, no vision and gives his defence no help at all. Away to enjoy rest of my birthday, thanks for the present Queens luis enrique party GIF by FC Barcelona

That was an enjoyable game. Both teams had enough chances to take the game by the horns but didn’t take them.

However, it simmered along nicely. Like most, I thought we had blown it right at the end but, no. There was a bit of character to go for the win rather than settle for the draw. Very pleasing.

What a difference a week makes. Only three points off of Ayr, I wouldn’t have thought that likely at the start of December. 

Draw would probably have been fair but then again same could be said about the game at Somerset.

Great win but the defending of our team gives me the fear every time the ball is in our half!

Special mention to Shields who was the best player on the park by miles.

That was a cracking game of football. I felt that overall we enjoyed the better of possession and of the chances, so the win was deserved. Obviously thought we'd thrown it away at the end, but fantastic to see them keep going and get the winner. Shields was excellent throughout, and I thought McKee was very good as well.

51 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Head's gone all over this thread.

Keep it together ffs. Kerr is absolutely getting the transfer window and clearly knows things aren't right. Let's give him a chance.

There's absolutely nothing to suggest we're getting relegated at the moment.

Sorry mate but I couldn’t disagree more with this.

We have a team of absolute no users. This is Kerr’s team, he built it in the summer and let go of our two most experienced players without bringing in anyone of a similar mould. Based on the summer there’s absolutely no evidence that he’ll be able to rectify it this month, regardless of how much he knows isn’t right.

I know the board aren’t going to sack him just now but today is the day I’ve lost all patience with this team. If we aren’t in a relegation battle already, we’re right on the cusp of it at best.

22 minutes ago, Flash said:

First time they’ve won a league game after going behind since 5 January 2019 at ICT. 

Never knew that one, that's some stat! 

Also I think that's the first time we've scored 3 goals at home since November 2019 when we beat Ayr Unitied 3-1. 

Well I don't think Ayr will ever win at Palmerston ever again. If they were going to break that 'hoodoo' it would have been today.

A bizarre game from a QoS point of view IMO. The Ayr goal was another run of the mill awful goal we concede this season and I expected Ayr to start bossing it as we looked pretty hopeless. We somehow get ahead and then we pretty much boss the game from then on in. Even in the second half we took the game to Ayr for the most part but couldn't get that killer goal. Then we sit in deep and as I expected, we conceded. Would never have backed us to win from there.

We're very frustrating to watch. When we are ahead we seem to be more composed on the ball and not rush as much. Why don't we do that from the off? Joe McKee is the epitome of this. I thought he was his usual self until we went ahead then he starts picking out passes that top level players would be impressed with. Where has he been all season? Still a lot of work to do, especially defensively and we really need a CB this month. Buchanan scooped one off the line today but he really is honking. Shields was hands down the best player on the park and I don't think even a fit Dobbie could remove him from CF just now.

6 points from two games where I'd have been happy with 1 is impressive though. Hopefully we can grind out a result in Inverness on Tuesday. Good to be happy on a Saturday night though, even better when there's a street party to attend having got one over our bitterest rivals.

First of all a Happy New Year to all posters (regardless of who you support).

Still feels slightly surreal to be writing this with a positive mindset, following what had passed up to Tuesday night.

Was an enjoyable game to watch, and end to end action at times.  Both sides had a number of opportunities presented to them, and on another day both sides may have made more of them.  Defensively we are still weak, and midfield for both sides was very open.  Like most of us I thought we had blown it late on.  Credit to Conor Shields who took his two goals well and never stopped working.  Gave it everything he had, that all anyone can ask. Gibson and McKee also put in good shifts.

Think I am right in saying this is the first time we have won back to back since October 2019?  Nice way to start a new year.

There is not one bit of heart in that team and it's fully on display by how we managed to lose it.  It's not on and needs to be addressed in January as a priority, a striker doesn't fix this team. 
Not one bit? So there's literally no-one in the team you would keep? A whole new team needed?

Ffs you're a very good poster but this is just nonsense.

Every team needs a few strong characters, that pull things forward when things are going to shit. These players are vital - and we don't have any at the moment.

But there's plenty of talent there if we can add the right players in January.

If kerr doesn't realise that then I'd hope Cameron will make the change - but from the interviews i suspect he knows how badly things are going right now. Finances will dictate that he'll be given every chance to get things sorted.

34 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

Never knew that one, that's some stat! 

Also I think that's the first time we've scored 3 goals at home since November 2019 when we beat Ayr Unitied 3-1. 

In the 2 years since 5 Jan 2019, I make it that they have lost the first goal in 32 games (before today) and have come back to get 2 draws.