QOS vs Ayr United

As I said a couple of weeks ago, if Ayr fail to win this time then they should just forfeit games at Palmerston from here on in as they'll never beat us.

Yesterday was an excellent result but I think like Raith, we'll need Ayr to have a really bad day to get something here. I'd be happy with a draw. Yet to decide if I'll be watching this yet though.

Queens fans, how much is your stream and how has the quality been?

I'm still carrying out my one man boycott of Palmerston as every time I go to Dumfries we get pumped but may buy the stream. Tbf, last time I was there we drew but I still have horrible horrible memories of that 5-0. 

Anderson will be off so will be interesting to see if we have a new striker in for this.

7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Queens fans, how much is your stream and how has the quality been?

I'm still carrying out my one man boycott of Palmerston as every time I go to Dumfries we get pumped but may buy the stream. Tbf, last time I was there we drew but I still have horrible horrible memories of that 5-0. 

Anderson will be off so will be interesting to see if we have a new striker in for this.

Streams are £10 and good. Most away fans have been complimentary.
Agree with 19QOS19 above. Undecided about watching this - but nothing to do with the quality of the streaming.

Nice of Queens to get a win right before we play them in Palmerston [emoji4]
I wonder if the punting of Anderson may mean Kerr has a player lined up to sign straight away? 
I wouldn't hold your breath, we'll probably be scrambling about on 28th January looking for a striker

16 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Dobbie likely to be back for this one? The 16 year old keeper got a chance of starting again? 

Preview of the Raith match on the club website said Dobbie likely to be out for another 3 or 4 weeks.
No idea how bad the injuries to Ferguson and Leighfield are. Ferguson wasn’t in the squad last night. Leighfield was injured in the warm up. If they’re both out, Cowie will have to play unless we sign somebody. Think we could get an emergency loan, but, tbh, I was hoping for a new keeper in January anyway. Cowie has probably played the best out of the three of them, but it was one game and he’s 16.

Was the full season. Kerr seems to be getting fed up with some players by the sounds of it, would imagine he was one. 

I wonder if we’ll see any more casualties during January. Obviously depends on the standard and amount of players we can bring in but it looks like Kerr may also have lost patience with Roscoe given he was finally dropped last night.

21 minutes ago, Flash said:

Preview of the Raith match on the club website said Dobbie likely to be out for another 3 or 4 weeks.
No idea how bad the injuries to Ferguson and Leighfield are. Ferguson wasn’t in the squad last night. Leighfield was injured in the warm up. If they’re both out, Cowie will have to play unless we sign somebody. Think we could get an emergency loan, but, tbh, I was hoping for a new keeper in January anyway. Cowie has probably played the best out of the three of them, but it was one game and he’s 16.

Ferguson was ill. 

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I wonder if we’ll see any more casualties during January. Obviously depends on the standard and amount of players we can bring in but it looks like Kerr may also have lost patience with Roscoe given he was finally dropped last night.

I think we will - Roscoe & Miller (seeing as Kerr played ahead of him) must be on the naughty step. Chalmers and Baird can't be far off it and I dont think he rates big Innes either. 

Tbf I don't blame him, he needs to turn it round for the sake of his future as a manager in the professional game.

ETA - I wouldn't be averse to recalling Finn (if we can) because I would be tempted to give him a try at left back at some point. Admittedly, I have no idea how he is doing at Albion Rovers.

Edited by Trogdor

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

I think we will - Roscoe & Miller (seeing as Kerr played ahead of him) must be on the naughty step. Chalmers and Baird can't be far off it and I dont think he rates big Innes either. 

Tbf I don't blame him, he needs to turn it round for the sake of his future as a manager in the professional game.

ETA - I wouldn't be averse to recalling Finn (if we can) because I would be tempted to give him a try at left back at some point. Admittedly, I have no idea how he is doing at Albion Rovers.

I work with someone who is a volunteer at Albion Rovs and she says we can have the two loanees back anytime so I'm guessing they haven't made that big an impact....

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Kerr

Player unrest

January

Absolutely unprecedented.

Ayr need a win, here.

I suppose a draw wouldn't be the worst result in the world, considering our record at palmerston - but a defeat would leave him with very little support amongst the fan base.

The only thing saving him could be the current financial situation, and the fact that we'd still be in a reasonable position in the league - and that would give him a bit of time. But he'd be a manager very much under pressure.

12 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Ayr need a win, here.

I suppose a draw wouldn't be the worst result in the world, considering our record at palmerston - but a defeat would leave him with very little support amongst the fan base.

The only thing saving him could be the current financial situation, and the fact that we'd still be in a reasonable position in the league - and that would give him a bit of time. But he'd be a manager very much under pressure.

A manager under pressure from who though? No fans at the games and little or no input of opinion other than social media which is easily ignored. 

QOS record in 2020 is utterly appalling yet there seems no real sense of our manager being under pressure as far as I can see. The things you suggest saving Kerr are really the main issues I would think in this most unusual season.

I suspect the financial situation alone might well have saved our manager thus far.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer