St Johnstone vs Hamilton 30/12

Less than 24hrs to go and no match thread for this six-pointer? First of a double header for Saints that will decide if we're starting 2021 deep in the relegation pit or scraping our fingernails off on the way out. 

The away team are depleted but some good recent results. The home side still struggling to get the points they think they've deserved and unable to see out a game with 11 players. St Johnstone missing Scott Tanser and Callum Hendry (at least). Probably Danny McNamara's last game, a decent player that no fans will have seen in the flesh.

There were 8 goals in the prequal so expect low-scoring disappointment that will give the Sportscene editors a lot of work to get the required 2 minutes of highlights. There's a fair bit of snow on the ground up here but nothing from the club to say the game's in doubt. PPV available for away fans, think it's about £80 quid. Per half. Plus VAT.

Saints goals 2

Hamilton goals 0

A right relegation rumble.

No need to go pressing Accies centre backs, leave them on it and let them come forward so we can exploit the space behind.  Think it might be a similar line up to the Aberdeen game, with Booth in for Tanser.  Wouldn't mind seeing something like this, with Conway and MOH available to make an impact/ get a red card coming off the bench:

Clark

Rooney Gordon McCart Booth

McNamara McCann Davidson Wotherspoon

May Melamed

Anyone any idea who is self isolating? I really hope it’s one player testing positive but being an isolated case and the squad isn’t at risk. We’re thin on the ground as it is and this is two massive games

Edited by TheRealNumber5

3 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

Tanser MOH Hendry and one other player reported to be self isolated at home will miss this game 

The club literally said only one player is self isolating.

Id stay off Facebook tbh.

Think this is the first game I'll miss this season, have too see how work is.

We need to win. Dont give a single f**k about how it comes. Horrible feeling we won't manage it though.

Go 1-0 up in the 93rd minute, Accies shoot from kick off as there's no time left, shot slips through Clarks hands.

1-1.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye I misread it, apologies @THE FAT MAN

I don't think MOH is unavailable anyway.

MOH should be available should be not? Also, he was training with the team today so wouldn't think he was in isolation?

Any takers for a back 4 ...

Clark 

Rooney  Gordon  McCart  Booth

MOH  McCann  Craig  Wotherspoon

Melamed  May

As mentioned somewhere else, Kerr in the Craig holding role might work.

EqaIgZuXMAYrW99.jpg

I’d have Kerr back in personally. Think we’ve missed his movement going forward. Could McCart fill in at left back? Yet to be convinced by Booth in all honesty. Muzz and McCann together, although I’ll admit Liam was very good on Saturday. Another big game coming up on Saturday and feel he might be more useful in that game under more pressure. 

According to Rice, we'll have none of our injured players back but might have the Covid guys (Callachan, Smith and Thomas) - I think he might be wrong about that though.

Saints will have 20 shots* no matter what; the result just depends on whether they take a few. We will have maybe three shots, one inside the box if we're lucky.

I'm not exaggerating when I say Accies are struggling to field a lower-end Championship XI at the moment.

And for you, [mention]RandomGuy.[/mention], an xG of over 2.

24 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Rooney and Conway are there. Players sworn to secrecy. Strange as we will know tomorrow when team and subs named.

Potentially because Scottish footballers talk to each other, and they don't want it slipping out that we're missing someone important?

Hamiltons entire gameplan could change overnight if they find out we're missing Ali McCann/David Wotherspoon.

We’ve narrowed it down to our three potential candidates. Actually four, including Elliot Parish as well. Barring any additional injuries, I think we'll be just about fine depth-wise if it's one of those players.

I thought I saw Parish in the pics. Though to be honest it could well have been a coach or something, have no real idea what Parish looks like