Week 17

lichtie23

2 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

This is incredible, got to feel for the Giants fans if Washington win, they'll have sat through an absolutely horrendous game for nothing, it could have at least been an exciting back and forth shoot out.

We have one of the worst O's in the NFL and a positive point difference at 6-9.  This was never gonna be a shoot out.  😂   

6 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Pederson is lucky this is 2021 and the only thing in the stands is carboard cutouts. 30 years back, he wouldn't have made it out of veterans stadium alive after a shitshow like this. 

He'd be fine. there's a secret tunnel to the Holiday Inn

6 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Pederson treating this game like a preseason matchup. Pathetic

It'll be better in the long run

Well that was a disgrace all around. Nothing the NFL can do to force teams to compete, or play their best players in dead games, but perhaps they should at least stop this thing of having games with playoff implications kick off at staggered times, and especially this scenario of one, single game with implications being played uniquely on it's own. It wouldn't have mattered today since only one of the teams had anything to play for, but it's clear as day that the Eagles were not making any serious effort to actually win that game, and that's a huge elephant in the room for a League that is all about 'parity' and competitive balance. Ok, the Giants could have won a couple more of their own games and put that to bed, but still, it stinks to high heaven and I'm sure all NFL fans would be fucking furious if that was their own teams' playoff hopes being thrown out the window by a team pissing about with garbage QB's in a one-score game. 

Really sour taste in my mouth after that. Same sort of vibes as the West Germany v Austria WC game.

Well that was a disgrace all around. Nothing the NFL can do to force teams to compete, or play their best players in dead games, but perhaps they should at least stop this thing of having games with playoff implications kick off at staggered times, and especially this scenario of one, single game with implications being played uniquely on it's own. It wouldn't have mattered today since only one of the teams had anything to play for, but it's clear as day that the Eagles were not making any serious effort to actually win that game, and that's a huge elephant in the room for a League that is all about 'parity' and competitive balance. Ok, the Giants could have won a couple more of their own games and put that to bed, but still, it stinks to high heaven and I'm sure all NFL fans would be fucking furious if that was their own teams' playoff hopes being thrown out the window by a team pissing about with garbage QB's in a one-score game. 
Really sour taste in my mouth after that. Same sort of vibes as the West Germany v Austria WC game.

Twitter has blown up about it. Criticism coming from current and former players as well as analysts/pundits. Doug Pederson is an absolute disgrace. I hope we play them week 1 next season and crush them

9 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Twitter has blown up about it. Criticism coming from current and former players as well as analysts/pundits. Doug Pederson is an absolute disgrace. I hope we play them week 1 next season and crush them

Collinsworth summed it up for me. It's not just about the Giants, though they have every right to be furious. There are players on that Eagles team who would have been busting a gut to try and win, simply because they have professional integrity and pride, and Pederson has shat all over them by 1. Not suiting up his best QB, and 2. pissing about with PS fodder QB's in what was a neck-and-neck game. 

Fair enough if you are 30 points up, or 30 points behind, stick the scrubs in and see what you have in a dead game. But not when the game is still very much in the balance, AND the outcome has significance for teams other than your own. In lot of sports the Eagles organisation would be getting pulled apart in a gambling investigation now, but the NFL purposely sets itself up for this sort of nonsense. It's stupid, and it needs to stop.