Week 17

lichtie23

5 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I'd agree. I like the Sunday night guys as well, Collinsworth seems to take a lot of criticism, but I think he's always worth a listen (I've heard him on a few podcasts as well and he's always good value).

5 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Collinsworth is superb. Doesn’t suck up any of the teams/players ass’s and says what he thinks.

I don't dislike Collinsworth, but I have a criticism which I've picked up when watching the GamePass highlights of the SNF games; which is how much he laughs every time a big play happens. It possibly goes unnoticed when you're just watching the game live - but in a highlights setting which shows, for example, 25 plays from a game, hearing his "hahaha wow!" reaction to half of them becomes tiresome and grating. He's a pretty knowledgeable guy and speaks well, but that damn laugh annoys the f**k out of me.

Nantz and Romo are the best by a mile, and I've always liked Kevin Harlan for some reason, who I believe is paired with Trent Green these days.

Not a fan of the Buck & Aikman partnership. I find Joe Buck incredibly dull and he can make a conversion on 4th & 25 sound like a non-event. Aikman is a bit like some of the Old Firm-centric pundits over here, and only cares/knows about certain teams. That said, listening to his exasperation when the Cowboys are playing badly is very enjoyable.

Buffalo looking to sign Kenny Stills which would indicate Cole Beasley's injury might be quite serious, although Stills is a more of a deep target compared to Beasley playing in the slot. 

Also the Bills are going to let in 6,700 fans for the wild card game despite having had no fans all season - seemingly some extra covid protocols will be undertaken. 

Edited by Fuctifano

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

I don't dislike Collinsworth, but I have a criticism which I've picked up when watching the GamePass highlights of the SNF games; which is how much he laughs every time a big play happens. It possibly goes unnoticed when you're just watching the game live - but in a highlights setting which shows, for example, 25 plays from a game, hearing his "hahaha wow!" reaction to half of them becomes tiresome and grating. He's a pretty knowledgeable guy and speaks well, but that damn laugh annoys the f**k out of me.

Nantz and Romo are the best by a mile, and I've always liked Kevin Harlan for some reason, who I believe is paired with Trent Green these days.

Not a fan of the Buck & Aikman partnership. I find Joe Buck incredibly dull and he can make a conversion on 4th & 25 sound like a non-event. Aikman is a bit like some of the Old Firm-centric pundits over here, and only cares/knows about certain teams. That said, listening to his exasperation when the Cowboys are playing badly is very enjoyable.

I love Kevin Harlan. He had the greatest call in NFL history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wopy6Ntd834

KC is sitting everyone, and as usual, all the Chargers better players are injured, so it's looking like trash v's trash on Sunday.

Hopefully Herbert stays healthy and throws for about 500 yards, but I want LAC to get utterly bodied on the scoreboard to get rid of Lynn and not slip any further down the draft order.

Not nearly enough criticism of Joe Buck but in this discussion, he is absolutely awful and his voice make me want to cut my ears off. Romo is easily the best analyst but I prefer SNF cause the theme music is incredible, though the other 2 aren’t bad either. Monday Nights are shite in general, watch on Sky you get a million Christmas adverts, watch on 5 you might get Samantha Quek and she’s worse than Buck

I can’t believe the Browns - Steelers game has a line of Steelers +8.5

Yeah the Steelers are sitting five or six players including the QB, but the Browns are missing a shitload of players due to COVID and will probably lose more today. That line is miles out. 

Steelers have ruled out Heyward, Watt, Pouncey, Haden, and Ebron.

Think the Bills will follow suit, Allen might start and get 40 yards to break the franchise passing record but apart from that it's a cotton wool job.

edit: and as I type, Bills TE Tyler Kroft is Covid-ed.  Any close contacts are going to be dicey for wild card round *crosses fingers*

Edited by Fuctifano

Steelers have ruled out Heyward, Watt, Pouncey, Haden, and Ebron.
Think the Bills will follow suit, Allen might start and get 40 yards to break the franchise passing record but apart from that it's a cotton wool job.
edit: and as I type, Bills TE Tyler Kroft is Covid-ed.  Any close contacts are going to be dicey for wild card round *crosses fingers*
Really? I might be biased by just watching Dolphins vids, but they all expect the Bills to start the full squad, try to get a lead and then see what's happening in the other games. Especially now they can have fans if they get home field by securing second seed.

I hope your right.

Yeah, I don't think the Bills will be pulling the starters early unless they're somehow 30 points up in the second quarter, or the Steelers are imploding against the Browns. The difference between winning and losing this game for Buffalo could mean a road trip in the divisionals instead of a home game, so I don't think they'll be half-arsing it at all, which is why I think a Bills win is Indi's best route to the playoffs.

Edited by Boo Khaki

I can’t believe the Browns - Steelers game has a line of Steelers +8.5
Yeah the Steelers are sitting five or six players including the QB, but the Browns are missing a shitload of players due to COVID and will probably lose more today. That line is miles out. 
+10 on bet365, 9 dont get it either bit will most certainly be taking advantage.

Kevin Johnson got moved to covid list yesterday too, supposed be replacing Ward. Even Mason fucking Rudolph will be slinging against the guys coming in.