Week 17

lichtie23

I've no idea what the f**k that last play was about. Five yard completion to the middle of the field and no attempt to lateral or even move with zero seconds left? Still, I don't think there is any conspiracy. They were just shite. And still could easily have won, which doesn't say a lot for Washington's playoff chances.

7 hours ago, The Golden God said:

They really should just scrap this game and give the Bucs a bye.

This is correct, should be a 500 rule, none of this group should be anywhere near the play offs

I have no problem with what the eagles/Peterson did. Sure you would like to think that every team gives their best but getting higher draft picks and getting a look at other players is in the eagles interest, winning a meaningless(for them) game so the giants could go to the playoffs is not.

The games could have been played at the same time, the eagles would have played the same no matter what. It’s the giants fault for relying on another team to help them out.

9 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

So... ok to scratch healthy players for some but not others? 

I don't have any issue with it when the game is meaningless, or sitting players in games where the scoreline means the outcome is a foregone conclusion. I do think it's an issue when the game is still competitive or the outcome is significant for other teams. 

As I said, it's not just about the Giants. If I was an Eagles player I'd be sitting looking at my bruises today wondering why the f**k my HC made the stupid decision not to take the lay-up FG and tie that game, and why he pulled the QB, who, despite his shitty statline, was actually making that game a competition. I wouldn't want to play for a HC who thinks winning games is optional and a secondary concern.

25 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I don't have any issue with it when the game is meaningless, or sitting players in games where the scoreline means the outcome is a foregone conclusion. I do think it's an issue when the game is still competitive or the outcome is significant for other teams. 

As I said, it's not just about the Giants. If I was an Eagles player I'd be sitting looking at my bruises today wondering why the f**k my HC made the stupid decision not to take the lay-up FG and tie that game, and why he pulled the QB, who, despite his shitty statline, was actually making that game a competition. I wouldn't want to play for a HC who thinks winning games is optional and a secondary concern.

You mean like the Steelers sitting Big Ben?  It has only caused outrage because it was live on SNF.

9 hours ago, ecto said:

This is correct, should be a 500 rule, none of this group should be anywhere near the play offs

Absolute codswallop.  The only reason there isn't a above .500 team in the playoffs from the NFC East is because of the division they play in.  If a team went 6-0 or 5-1 the winner of the division would have been .500 and above or if they played the AFC East or South rather than the AFC North Washington would certainly be above .500.   

1 minute ago, Antiochas III said:

You mean like the Steelers sitting Big Ben?  It has only caused outrage because it was live on SNF.

That rankles less because it's a decision taken before the game. Last night stinks because Hurts was sat down three quarters of the way through a game that was still a competition. Basically Pederson is saying to the world 'We started Hurts because he's ahead of Sudfeld, but I don't give a f**k about winning this game, even though we're still in a position to'.

If the Steelers had been leading the Browns at the end of the third with Rudolph starting the game, then pulled him, his replacement commits two stupid turnovers and the Browns win, then yeah, I'd be questioning that as well.

39 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

That rankles less because it's a decision taken before the game. Last night stinks because Hurts was sat down three quarters of the way through a game that was still a competition. Basically Pederson is saying to the world 'We started Hurts because he's ahead of Sudfeld, but I don't give a f**k about winning this game, even though we're still in a position to'.

If the Steelers had been leading the Browns at the end of the third with Rudolph starting the game, then pulled him, his replacement commits two stupid turnovers and the Browns win, then yeah, I'd be questioning that as well.

Nah, not having that.  It doesn't matter when the team decide to pull the starters, it is just not fair on the other teams that have had to play these teams at full strength. 

The whole reason that these teams can rest starters is down to them being one of the tip teams in the league.  I don't believe that the scheduling of games should be a direct influence on how teams finish the year.  Every team should try to win every game with the best players they have available.

I often wish that the rest time that this affords starters ends up with the injured as a girfuy.

1 hour ago, Antiochas III said:

Absolute codswallop.  The only reason there isn't a above .500 team in the playoffs from the NFC East is because of the division they play in.  If a team went 6-0 or 5-1 the winner of the division would have been .500 and above or if they played the AFC East or South rather than the AFC North Washington would certainly be above .500.   

This division was a dumpster fire, inside a train wreck, there is no guarantee that Washington would have a better record playing a different schedule, agreed there is some garbage out there, but Washington were also garbage and only slightly better garbage than the rest of the division

WFT lost to The Giants twice, , the Lions, the Panthers, and the Cardinals. All teams .500 or worse who missed the playoffs. They're not a better team than their record just because they had the AFC North in their schedule. In fact, I'm 99% confident that the shitshow 7-9 Chargers team I've been watching all season would handle WFT with relative ease. They're in the playoffs because the Division they play in stinks, and they're the best of a bad bunch. It's really not any more complicated than that. The rules are the rules though, so I don't have an issue with them being there. It's not WFT's fault the playoff qualification rules are outdated.

53 minutes ago, ecto said:

This division was a dumpster fire, inside a train wreck, there is no guarantee that Washington would have a better record playing a different schedule, agreed there is some garbage out there, but Washington were also garbage and only slightly better garbage than the rest of the division

Yet not a single team blew us out, despite going through 4 QBs, losing one to IR and another having literally 1 leg (a QB now at Washington 11-5 as a starter).  

42 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

WFT lost to The Giants twice, , the Lions, the Panthers, and the Cardinals. All teams .500 or worse who missed the playoffs. They're not a better team than their record just because they had the AFC North in their schedule. In fact, I'm 99% confident that the shitshow 7-9 Chargers team I've been watching all season would handle WFT with relative ease. They're in the playoffs because the Division they play in stinks, and they're the best of a bad bunch. It's really not any more complicated than that. The rules are the rules though, so I don't have an issue with them being there. It's not WFT's fault the playoff qualification rules are outdated.

Sit down, so you think your team will do something no other team this year has except the Rams(not even Ravens despite the score)..  And that was because Smith came in cold and even then it was close till late.  Your Chargers got beat this season by 45 without reply by the  Cam Newton led Patriots.  

Edited by Antiochas III

18 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Sit down, so you think your team will do something no other team this year has except the Rams(not even Ravens despite the score)..  And that was because Smith came in cold and even then it was close till late.  Your Chargers got beat this season by 45 without reply by the  Cam Newton led Patriots.  

Yep, and despite that embarrassment at the hands of the Pats, I'm still confident this shitty Chargers team would beat WFT 9/10 times.

How many teams with a winning record did WFT beat this season? the answer is one, the Steelers, the fakest 12 win team going, and even then you won by 6 points. The Browns beat you by 14, the Ravens by 14, the Rams by 20. 

Again, I have no problem with WFT being in the playoffs, but I'm not buying any bullshit about them being better than their record, they're not. They're a mediocre 7 win team that lucked out because the rest of their division absolutely stinks. From what I've seen of the other 7-8 win teams around the AFC this season, I think every single one of them are still better than WFT and would also have won that division with better records than WFT.

Well it's easier than 'the team formerly known as xxxx', I'm sure "the 'Skins" would be deemed offensive, and I CBA typing 'Washington' every time.

Still, after next weekend there wont be any need to discuss their season any further, so you'll get peace :P

11 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

Yet not a single team blew us out, despite going through 4 QBs, losing one to IR and another having literally 1 leg (a QB now at Washington 11-5 as a starter).  

Losses are losses, no matter how close they are