Week 17

lichtie23

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I am a big fan of having the 6-10 Giants make the playoffs personally. What a division.

This really is an anomaly, the division is terrible

1 hour ago, Mr. Brightside said:

You should have to be .500 or better to make the post-season.

One of the reasons why I thought it was daft to realign to 4x4 in each Conference without simultaneously making the playoffs a straight 1-8 seeded bracket. They took away a wildcard in each Conference, while making it far easier to be garbage, still win your division, and end up in the playoffs with a losing record.

4 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

One of the reasons why I thought it was daft to realign to 4x4 in each Conference without simultaneously making the playoffs a straight 1-8 seeded bracket. They took away a wildcard in each Conference, while making it far easier to be garbage, still win your division, and end up in the playoffs with a losing record.

Number 8 seed in the NFC on your system would be Minnesota or Washington, with a 7-9 record. 

Just now, Bully Wee Villa said:

Number 8 seed in the NFC on your system would be Minnesota or Washington, with a 7-9 record. 

Yes, but it would mean fewer occasions where a garbage division winner plays a home playoff game, while a 9 or 10 win team in another division sits at home, so still preferable over the status quo

2 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Yes, but it would mean fewer occasions where a garbage division winner plays a home playoff game, while a 9 or 10 win team in another division sits at home, so still preferable over the status quo

Yeah, I don't disagree with the principal (though I would stick with only 7 teams). Just saying it wouldn't have made a huge difference this year, in terms of who qualified at least.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa