Leivinstoun vs Aberdeen - Wed 13th Jan

At £20 I’m expecting quite the production

Aye I guess, thought the Club’s explanation (on their website) of the £20 fee was pretty fair though. Recall it said that it worked out ST holders were getting their games for £17.00. They could hardly charge less for a one off purchase from other fans  I suppose. One way to upset your committed support for certain. 

4 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Aye I guess, , thought the Club’s explanation (on their website) of the £20 fee was pretty fair though. Recall it said that it worked out ST holders were getting their games for £17.00. They could hardly charge less for a one off purchase from other fans  I suppose. One way to upset your committed support for certain. 

Isn't that what most clubs have been doing?

Guest Bob Mahelp

Very tricky one tonight. Livi are playing well, absolutely the form side in the league just now. I watched a bit of them ripping Hibs apart last week and they could well do that to us if we're not up for it.

On the plus side, they're a side that we usually are able to get a result against, for whatever reason. 

I'm hopeful that we can squeak a 1-0 or 2-1 tonight, but I suspect we may be looking at a draw. Hedges will be a big loss sadly. 

13 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Hedges will be a big loss sadly. 

I know it created a ballache for you at the weekend, but I was delighted to see him red carded. I think he's a terrific player, he's always impressed me when I've seen him. 

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Out of curiosity, and I'm not sure if you'll know, but do teams with a plastic pitch use covers to shield it when snow is forecast?

Unlikely to help realistically. Almondvale's pitch is 98m x 69m. Assuming 20mm of snowfall by this evening, and your looking at 9.5 metric tons of snow.

So you would still need plant to move it.

Perhaps if it was heated like an electric blanket...but then why not just install undersoilplastic heating?

Edited by Illgresi

14 minutes ago, crispy said:

Who knows with the unique Livi microclimate. At a lofty 100m(?), is our stadium at the highest ALTITUDE of any in the Prem?? Almondvale is in a beautiful glen. (I hope the pitch is playable)

You're correct that the Spaghettihad is between 100m and 105m. However Excelsior Stadium is heigher at 140m. You've got me interested now...

28 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

You're correct that the Spaghettihad is between 100m and 105m. However Excelsior Stadium is heigher at 140m. You've got me interested now...

You quickly showed me 😂 I I think because of where the stadium is tucked in it rarely gets sunshine in winter, as has been mentioned above.  Are you some some coding pro that can do a data scrape to pull this together? 

1 minute ago, crispy said:

You quickly showed me 😂 I I think because of where the stadium is tucked in it rarely gets sunshine in winter, as has been mentioned above.  Are you some some coding pro that can do a data scrape to pull this together? 

Haha, no I've got a subscription to OS so I can print maps for when I go hillwalking etc!

Edited by Illgresi

3 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Haha, no I've got a subscription to OS so I can print maps for when I go hillwalking etc!

At the risk of side-tracking this thread, i think the Accies might win on Premiership altitude. I think the shadow of the Pentlands gives us the microclimate card to play though.

Isn't that what most clubs have been doing?

Honestly not sure what that equates to in comparison with a Season book at clubs like United, Killie, Accies, Aberdeen & St Mirren all charging between £12-£13.00 for their PPV games?

2 hours ago, crispy said:

Who knows with the unique Livi microclimate. At a lofty 100m(?), is our stadium at the highest ALTITUDE of any in the Prem?? Almondvale is in a beautiful glen. (I hope the pitch is playable)

Any excuse to put this Aberdeen band on this  thread

Edited by betting competition