Leivinstoun vs Aberdeen - Wed 13th Jan

18 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The match was not forfeited because we breached the guidelines. Other clubs breached the guidelines and were not awarded forfeits.

The reason the match was awarded 3-0 was because we failed to fulfil a fixture as a result of us breaching the rules. Livingston have also failed to fulfil a fixture, and if they are shown to have breached the rules by not having adequate pitch protection then they would surely be in the same boat.

Again though, I have no idea how anyone can suggest they're even close to the same while keeping a straight face.

One match called off because the club admitted to breaching health guidelines.

One match called off for a frozen pitch after temperatures of -6 (highest we got all week was 1 I think; night before the game was -6 until about 7am then -3 until 11am; -2 until kick off); people working on the pitch right up until 2am the day of the game then back in at 7am to keep working. Covers don't do anything either btw, before some fuckwit suggests they would have magically had the game on :lol:

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Fucking hell :D sounds like you’re desperate for it

Matches get called off, it happens. The stadium is in a valley and parts of the pitch get zero sunlight, they had to clear the snow all the way up to a few hours before the game. Namely one reason being that the layer of snow insulated the pitch further against the formation of ice. Livi are in absolutely no danger and the game will just get rescheduled. 

*Worse yet I’ve just saw you’re a Killie fan so who knows 

Really hoping the majority of Aberdeen fans complaining are doing so for the banter, read some wild stuff which shows up their ignorance.  On FB  they've got to Jambo KB levels of losing it over our pitch not being able to cope with the weather.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The match was not forfeited because we breached the guidelines. Other clubs breached the guidelines and were not awarded forfeits.

The reason the match was awarded 3-0 was because we failed to fulfil a fixture as a result of us breaching the rules. Livingston have also failed to fulfil a fixture, and if they are shown to have breached the rules by not having adequate pitch protection then they would surely be in the same boat.

What are the league's rules on pitches?

As I said in an earlier post,from the 27th it snawed,then it has snawed every nite since.

This is West Lothian,this has a micro climate all of it's own,at the bottom of the Pentland Hills and a high border with Lanarkshire and yeah it likes to snow here and when it do's by fook it blooters doon....

Can see the point of the bedwetting if the good sized Don's support that usually follows them down to darkest West Lothian was already here when the game was called off but naw it was only well payed players and club staff.

Its blootering with snow again here,lapland hasnt a look in !!!

Edited by Whitburn Vale

5 hours ago, LiviLion said:

One match called off for a frozen pitch after temperatures of -6 (highest we got all week was 1 I think; night before the game was -6 until about 7am then -3 until 11am; -2 until kick off); people working on the pitch right up until 2am the day of the game then back in at 7am to keep working. Covers don't do anything either btw, before some fuckwit suggests they would have magically had the game on :lol:

That will be for the SPFL panel to decide upon. If Livingston can prove that they took every possible step to ensure the game could go ahead, and didn't at any point breach any of the rules surrounding adequate pitch protection, then they'll be fine. But if they failed to comply with the SPFL rules to the letter, then there must surely be a risk of the match being awarded to Aberdeen.

Edited by craigkillie

8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

That will be for the SPFL panel to decide upon. If Livingston can prove that they took every possible step to ensure the game could go ahead, and didn't at any point breach any of the rules surrounding adequate pitch protection, then they'll be fine. But if they failed to comply with the SPFL rules to the letter, then there must surely be a risk of the match being awarded to Aberdeen.

Doubt there'll be any big inquiry into it, certainly nothing as in depth as your covid one.

11 minutes ago, coprolite said:

If we were awarded a 3-0 win it would be a proper injustice, but also very welcome and very funny. 

Especially if we managed to finish say 1 point ahead of Celtic at the end of the season.

Edited by Illgresi

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

If we were awarded a 3-0 win it would be a proper injustice, but also very welcome and very funny. 

It would yep, never gonna happen though, and doubt it has even been considered, other than by fans on the wum, and the ones trying to drag everything they can into the  shitshow over their pending covid points punishment.

The match has already been rescheduled I think btw, so there isn't any genuine chance of a forfeit - I'm just pointing out that by doing so the SPFL are somewhat undermining their own argument about the busy schedule meaning they couldn't possibly play the Killie and St Mirren games.

47 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Actually, there's a facebook page full of Livi fans who have a meltdown at just about everything, can make for some entertaining reading.

Changed my mind, absolute disgrace that Livi froze their pitch on purpose to avoid playing this. 3-0 forfeit please.

5 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Really hoping the majority of Aberdeen fans complaining are doing so for the banter, read some wild stuff which shows up their ignorance.  On FB  they've got to Jambo KB levels of losing it over our pitch not being able to cope with the weather.

I mean.... it's Facebook?  No problem at all with the postponement, it happens at some ground or another most seasons, and the effect is reduced this season because there were no fans on the road.  We've had the odd game at Pittodrie postponed including one 20 minutes in when the floodlights failed - I don't remember Motherwell fans demanding three points then.  Actually it might end up benefiting us, due to Livvy's form and our injuries and lack of form right now.  

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The match has already been rescheduled I think btw, so there isn't any genuine chance of a forfeit - I'm just pointing out that by doing so the SPFL are somewhat undermining their own argument about the busy schedule meaning they couldn't possibly play the Killie and St Mirren games.

Think that would be the best outcome, giving other teams 3-0 wins not only punishes Killie and St Mirren, it affects the other teams around them, basically every team outside the erse cheeks (and the 2 teams being awarded the points) has some gripe with it. Not sure what the best solution is, but i don't think forfeiting the covid games is a good one.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

I dont think people understand that this is the first postponement we have had since the 4G was put in place. In 2 and a half years, this is our first postponement. I am very confident that there would have been at least 2 or 3 games called off before now this season alone, had we kept a grass pitch.

If we had kept a grass pitch, we would undoubtedly have had at least 2 or 3 games per season called off that our 4G pitch has allowed to go ahead. 1 game called off in 2.5 seasons is a great return, especially for where our stadium is located.

We had about 5 inches of snow and lows of -8C overnight. It was fucking baltic. Pitch was frozen. End of.

11 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Think someone pointed out (might've been you) that the time taken to decide on the outcome of awarding the points against Killie/St Mirren could've seen both games being played quite easily.

Now the appeal will take even more time up when the games could realistically be played. Complete farce

• 2 weeks later...
  • crispy changed the title to Leivinstoun vs Aberdeen - Wed 13th Jan