Leivinstoun vs Aberdeen - Wed 13th Jan

35 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

This is getting as big as our first ever win over Celtic, not having beaten Aberdeen since 2004*.

*Read on twitter and can't be arsed checking.

I just checked and it was April 2004. You'd had the upper hand over the previous 13 meetings, with 5 wins (including a 6-1 in the league cup) and four draws. 

That must have been a formative time for my worldview because i still think of Livi as a team that often beats us. 

8 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I just checked and it was April 2004. You'd had the upper hand over the previous 13 meetings, with 5 wins (including a 6-1 in the league cup) and four draws. 

That must have been a formative time for my worldview because i still think of Livi as a team that often beats us. 

Can remember that 6-1 win well, and Stevie Tosh making the schoolboy error of slagging the Dons players off for not giving us respect going into that game, when we were playing you in the league in our next game. Aberdeen players obv had that article pinned to their dressing room wall, cause they were well fired up in the next game and played us off the park, astonishingly we went 2-0 up and i was stunned as to how we were winning, we really were lucky to get a 2-2 draw and were well outplayed.

Played you 7 times in 2003/04 season and won 5 of them iirc, the year we got to the SC semi and won the CIS LC, 3 league wins & a draw, a draw and replay win in the SC, and another win in the LC. Has been all down hill against Aberdeen after that.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Can remember that 6-1 win well, and Stevie Tosh making the schoolboy error of slagging the Dons players off for not giving us respect going into that game, when we were playing you in the league in our next game. Aberdeen players obv had that article pinned to their dressing room wall, cause they were well fired up in the next game and played us off the park, astonishingly we went 2-0 up and i was stunned as to how we were winning, we really were lucky to get a 2-2 draw and were well outplayed.

Played you 7 times in 2003/04 season and won 5 of them iirc, the year we got to the SC semi and won the CIS LC, 3 league wins & a draw, a draw and replay win in the SC, and another win in the LC. Has been all down hill against Aberdeen after that.

Records are there to be broken.

Given your recent league form, reckon Livi must be favourites.

I still get flashbacks to our 2-0 defeat at Almondvale last season where we played Aberdeen off the park and somehow still lost comfortably.

Aberdeen are the only team in the league with the physicality to match us. Maybe it'll only be 1-0 this time, but they're going to shitfest us. It's inevitable. 

4 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

The Livi lads enjoy a bit of revisionist history.

Ok i'll bite.

Think it was safe to say we were the dominant team that day, but it's all about sticking the ball in the net. Your first goal was from a corner and came off Considine's shin into our net, your 2nd was late on and although it was down to an incompetent official it made no difference to Aberdeen winning, we weren't going to equalise in the last couple of minutes. Jacobs got the ball and Cosgrove kicked Jacobs foot outside the box and the ref pointed to the spot, looked more like a foul to us, but what wasn't in anyway disputable, it wasn't in the box the contact was made.

No disputing Aberdeen won the game fair and square, they scored we didn't, but don't think any Livi fan came away without wondering how the feck we ended up losing that game after dominating it from start to finish. Same as the one i described earlier when i left wondering how the feck we managed to go 2 up and get a draw against you after you played us off the pitch.

6 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Ok i'll bite.

Think it was safe to say we were the dominant team that day, but it's all about sticking the ball in the net. Your first goal was from a corner and came off Considine's shin into our net, your 2nd was late on and although it was down to an incompetent official it made no difference to Aberdeen winning, we weren't going to equalise in the last couple of minutes. Jacobs got the ball and Cosgrove kicked Jacobs foot outside the box and the ref pointed to the spot, looked more like a foul to us, but what wasn't in anyway disputable, it wasn't in the box the contact was made.

No disputing Aberdeen won the game fair and square, they scored we didn't, but don't think any Livi fan came away without wondering how the feck we ended up losing that game after dominating it from start to finish. Same as the one i described earlier when i left wondering how the feck we managed to go 2 up and get a draw against you after you played us off the pitch.

Spot on describing the goals although feel like Jacobs was fouled (outside the box). There was also Erskine’s miss from a couple of yards out, Guthrie hitting the bar.. We made a lot of chances that day. The phrase my aberdeen supporting mate used was “Dons were pish”.

Edited by crispy

Squad should be a bit stronger for the dons with McCrorie back from Suspension and McLennan back from Injury. 

The first team injury list is now Cerny, Devlin, Leigh, McGeough, Watkins, Woods, Wright

Hopefully now injuries are starting to clear up that Aberdeen can start to play entertaining fitba soon.