Leivinstoun vs Aberdeen - Wed 13th Jan

16 minutes ago, East Calder Lion said:

Big let down for everyone concerned.  I hope we won't be getting carpeted by SPFL over this.  

That would be very unusual surely.  It's not like games getting postponed due to weather is a thing that has only just started this season.  I'm over it already, TBH, although I may very well be in the minority.... 

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I live about a mile from the stadium and it hasn’t seemed to be that heavy at all. There was hailstones and sleet earlier so maybe that’s thawed out and added to the water lying but I would certainly say I’ve seen games go ahead in heavier rain than tonight. 

Nice to see you supporting your local team

4 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Ooft, how many other clubs in Scotland generate this much seethe because of, *checks notes*, the weather. 

I fucking love Livingston Football Club. 

This would work better if there weren’t Livi fans on Twitter right now furiously going in to bat for a crap pitch, including my personal favourite:

“No fair we play in a vale.” :lol:

15 minutes ago, crispy said:

Ffs, been buzzing all day for this. Looked to me like the ball ran fine but there wasn't much of a bounce in the final puddle. Seemed to be absolutely pishing down, and i can only assume that's in the last couple of hours, but I watched Stockport vs West Ham last night and they played through worse in a pitch that was cutting up. My money is on McInnes not fancying it but possibly Martindale, too. Shite.

You really think Del Boy would have any sway over the decision of the drug dealing henchman of a gangland kingpin ??

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
16 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:
It's the responsibility of the home club, the SPFL and then the referee to make an advance judgement on the state of the pitch.  If there was any...any...doubt at all, Livi should have informed the SPFL and had the referee in to look at the pitch at lunchtime by the latest today. 
But no, the amateur fuckwits waited until Aberdeen travelled, until it pished down as forecast, and until the referee got there before even considering that the pitch was unplayable. 
We're in serious times. This is a f**k up by Livingston, again. 
Time for them and the SPFL to take responsibility for this shambles.

There is hee haw wrong with that pitch. No one to blame but the referee who according to the radio wasn't concerned until players from both clubs pressured him to take a look. Not sure what Livvi could have done differently as up to 30m before ko no one had any concerns. It appears the players on both sides didn't fancy it.

I've played on council AstroTurf in far worse rainstorms than that and they didn't have puddles anything like that.

5 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

How can the ball not “bounce” properly of a bit of wet carpet with concrete underneath?

I’m not suggesting it looked like a swimming pool but a ball doesn’t bounce on one of those. Somewhere between that and a dry pitch you get a shit bounce, no?

2 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

This would work better if there weren’t Livi fans on Twitter right now furiously going in to bat for a crap pitch, including my personal favourite:

“No fair we play in a vale.” :lol:

Seethe is seethe my friend. Livi supporting seethe is sometimes amongst the best. 

A great episode all round. 

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
17 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:
It's the responsibility of the home club, the SPFL and then the referee to make an advance judgement on the state of the pitch.  If there was any...any...doubt at all, Livi should have informed the SPFL and had the referee in to look at the pitch at lunchtime by the latest today. 
But no, the amateur fuckwits waited until Aberdeen travelled, until it pished down as forecast, and until the referee got there before even considering that the pitch was unplayable. 

There is hee haw wrong with that pitch. No one to blame but the referee who according to the radio wasn't concerned until players from both clubs pressured him to take a look. Not sure what Livvi could have done differently as up to 30m before ko no one had any concerns. It appears the players on both sides didn't fancy it.

Don't bring anything sensible into Bob's seethe filled post as he talks a load of shite.

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
21 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Maybe  employ a groundsman to oversee the condition of the park.

If Livi were genuinely unaware of the poor playing conditions until their own players complained to the ref well that is just ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Can they not just sweep the water off?

They were. The ref (along with the players/managers) obviously decided it was raining too much/too heavily that the game wouldn't make it far enough to justify starting it. 

To be fair, the issue isn't the pitch - the issue is the stadium and where it's located. Parts of the pitch get zero sunlight, the bottom of a valley where the drainage is minimal and all water pools to the bottom and next to a river. 

It's been an issue far longer than this year alone, if the pitch was still grass then it would be an absolute state especially after the snow we had and we'd be seeing another month of call offs depending on incoming weather

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You really think Del Boy would have any sway over the decision of a drug dealing henchman of a gangland kingpin ??

We all know anyone pursuing an ‘opportunity’ in Aberdeen/oil state/Texas has a bit of cash ;) 

12 minutes ago, East Calder Lion said:

Big let down for everyone concerned.  I hope we won't be getting carpeted by SPFL over this.  Freakishly heavy rain last hour or so though.

If you do get carpeted perhaps you can replace your tinpot pitch with it as to avoid further cancellations this season?