Leivinstoun vs Aberdeen - Wed 13th Jan

9 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Schoolboy error, you should have kept the pies for half-time.

Unfortunately I'm 63 - the later I eat the longer I have to stay up. Ever wondered why the parents/grandparents have their tea at 4 in the afternoon whereas you can pick up a fish supper after the game?

Furthermore, at most grounds (remember when we were actually allowed in) the steak pies had run out by half time and the only thing left was a greasy scotch pie with extra grease or a highly suspect macaroni pie (which might have been sitting their since the last home game)..

14 hours ago, Illgresi said:

You can look at them fine, but very hard to print correctly/to scale.

I've not had a problem printing them, I usually make them full screen then Print Screen, stick the pic in Word and print from there. You can usually fit a whole hillwalk on one sheet. They even do the excellent 1:25k OS maps. I don't find the scale matters too much, a box is still a km. 

FWIW I've bought the 1:50k maps covering Scotland and saved them on my phone but I would always have a paper map too.

Livi absolutely shooting themselves in the foot charging £20. First game of season I hadn’t  bought and from the group chat don’t think anyone on our bus  bought it either. 
I'm trying to figure out which is getting more tiresome...moaning about the ppv cost or moaning about the pitch.

7 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I'm trying to figure out which is getting more tiresome...moaning about the ppv cost or moaning about the pitch.

Was thinking about putting this at the start of our match threads for the numpty Celtic fan who keeps coming on this thread with his all weather pitch patter.

'All Weather' Pitches? | Maintaining Standards (technicalsurfaces.co.uk)

A common misconception with artificial sports pitches is that they are ‘all-weather’, so much so that they are often referred to as just the ‘All Weather Pitch’.
If maintained correctly, an astroturf pitch should be playable in most weathers, but it is a mistake to assume that such surfaces are ‘all-weather’, as grounds staff will no doubt have discovered when heavy snowfall hit the UK almost 12 months ago.

During winter, artificial pitches retain a large moisture content, which will inevitably freeze, causing the surface to become hard and unsafe to play on. It is not uncommon for the pitch to remain frozen even when surrounding natural grass areas have thawed, due to the low core temperature of the astroturf and the insulating effect that the infill and carpet creates. Reduced daylight hours can also result in shaded areas remaining ‘frosted over’ all day, impacting upon the ability to thoroughly sweep or brush the pitch.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, The Marly said:
18 hours ago, big al said:
I have no complaints about the pitch, it’s January in Scotland, anything is possible.

Is it not an "all-weather" pitch though?

I don’t like the artificial pitches, but bad weather in January, freezing, snow and rain is bound to cause problems.

A lot of fuss about nothing. The ref says it’s not safe, so just accept it.

Thankfully no fans at the game as it’s pretty unfair to travel so far for nothing.

1 hour ago, The Marly said:
18 hours ago, big al said:
I have no complaints about the pitch, it’s January in Scotland, anything is possible.

Is it not an "all-weather" pitch though?

No. What's an "all weather pitch" and where can we get one?