Leivinstoun vs Aberdeen - Wed 13th Jan

From those bbc interviews the players didn't fancy it and went to the ref, who then had another pitch inspection and consulted with the managers. McInnes saying what players say to managers is different to what they say to the officials, ours were all for playing according to Martindale, Aberdeen's weren't, whether they said something different to the ref is up for debate. Anyway, the ref decided starting the game wasn't worth the risk if a player got injured, and game was off.

With the Scottish cup games being off it looks like this'll be rearranged for Sunday 31st Jan, so back to back games with Livi and Aberdeen as we play each other away on  Wed 3rd Feb.

Happily stand corrected. I know the San Siro is always in a state because of the design.
All council owned stadia in Italy* are in a state, you get clubs having to ground share mid way through a season because their home is falling apart.

*well, the dozen or so in the North I've been to anyway but I can only imagine those in the south are no better.

Edit: oh, and the councils over there fucking love a running track.

9 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

From those bbc interviews the players didn't fancy it and went to the ref, who then had another pitch inspection and consulted with the managers. McInnes saying what players say to managers is different to what they say to the officials, ours were all for playing according to Martindale, Aberdeen's weren't, whether they said something different to the ref is up for debate. Anyway, the ref decided starting the game wasn't worth the risk if a player got injured, and game was off.

With the Scottish cup games being off it looks like this'll be rearranged for Sunday 31st Jan, so back to back games with Livi and Aberdeen as we play each other away on  Wed 3rd Feb.

Martindale is a very trustworthy man to be fair. I wouldnt doubt anything he says or does ..

34 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

ours were all for playing according to Martindale, Aberdeen's weren't, whether they said something different to the ref is up for debate. Anyway, the ref decided starting the game wasn't worth the risk if a player got injured, and game was off.

After watching Steven McLean’s interview on Sportscene, and for the sake of accuracy, McLean said that during the warm ups players from both teams approached him to say that they felt the pitch was unsafe.

3 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It's the responsibility of the home club, the SPFL and then the referee to make an advance judgement on the state of the pitch.  If there was any...any...doubt at all, Livi should have informed the SPFL and had the referee in to look at the pitch at lunchtime by the latest today. 

But no, the amateur fuckwits waited until Aberdeen travelled, until it pished down as forecast, and until the referee got there before even considering that the pitch was unplayable. 

We're in serious times. This is a f**k up by Livingston, again. 

Time for them and the SPFL to take responsibility for this shambles.

^^if only we had some salty tears...

"We're in serious times"^^

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Hahahaha up ye

^^scottish fitba,right here.^^

superb.

Edited by Daddy Cheeze
sassij thumb

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I'd hope a full set of Premiership fixtures is brought forward to 31st January so that the vacated date can be used for the Scottish Cup ties if/when the lower league sides are allowed back.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'd hope a full set of Premiership fixtures is brought forward to 31st January so that the vacated date can be used for the Scottish Cup ties if/when the lower league sides are allowed back.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Scottish Cup was cancelled completely this season

8 hours ago, afc_blockhead said:

Martindale is a very trustworthy man to be fair. I wouldnt doubt anything he says or does ..

7 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Wouldn't know, and suspect neither would you.

Very much doubts he'd blow matters out of proportion 🙄

Was sitting in my living room; pies freshly out of the oven; pint of ale sitting by my arm watching a bunch of glum faces shaking their heads and thought "this doesn't look good"; particularly as the alternative was to sit there with my wife watching The Repair Shop". 

However, all that aside, who thought it was a good idea to kick off a midweek game in January at 7:45 when no fans were travelling and only authorised personnel were allowed into the stadium? Some games previously had kicked off at 6pm which interestingly was apparently when this game was originally approved to go ahead.

Secondly, with a amber alert coming in why did they try and press ahead with this. Had the game been played; the Aberdeen squad would have been travelling up the road in a blizzard at night; doesnt sound particularly safe to me. Maybe the conditions were better in Angus; Perthshire and Aberdeenshire but its a bl00dy white-out here.

No-one on this forum has any answers so I'm just bumping my gums; however it was a game I was really looking forward to and the weather phuqued up my evening again.

Edited by Durnford