Leivinstoun vs Aberdeen - Wed 13th Jan

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I'd imagine these countries have far better infrastructure than your usual local UK council.

Aberdeen city council have a knack of destroying everything they touch.

The San Siri is, or at least was, owned by the Milanese city council. I think it’s quite common in Italy with Juventus one of the only teams to actually own their own ground.

1 minute ago, AngusTheBull said:

The San Siri is, or at least was, owned by the Milanese city council. I think it’s quite common in Italy with Juventus one of the only teams to actually own their own ground.

Happily stand corrected. I know the San Siro is always in a state because of the design.

28 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Aye, I was just commenting to the @LiviLion guy who suggested the managers and players were "part of the decision" which is obviously bollocks.

27 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Bbc:

"Referee Steven McLean said players felt the pitch was "unsafe" and Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes said postponing the match was "the right call".

49 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’ve no idea why so many people are getting their knickers in a twist over this. I might be wrong, but is this not only the second time that Livi’s artificial pitch has had a match postponed because of the weather? I’ve been at two games, could be three, where matches at Pittodrie were put off because of flooodlight failure. Things out of everybody’s control happen. Ehm...maybe like a pandemic.

Exactly.  Filed safely away in the "online fitba fans getting incredibly furious over a minor, commonplace annoyance" box.  

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

They were. The ref (along with the players/managers) obviously decided it was raining too much/too heavily that the game wouldn't make it far enough to justify starting it. 

I can definitely read, perhaps you struggle with remembering what you wrote?

2 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I can definitely read, perhaps you struggle with remembering what you wrote?

Where in that post do I say that players and managers actually make the decision to postpone a game, rather than just that they might have a say (which in this case they did). 

It takes a big person to admit they've fucked it. Look forward to your apology. 

4 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Haha, no I've got a subscription to OS so I can print maps for when I go hillwalking etc!

You can get them free on Bing maps btw.

54 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It was definitely Steven McLean’s decision to put the game off. You could tell by the body language of the two managers that they both wanted it on.

"I think the referee's made the right decision, there's no doubt about it. I do think that pitch is unsafe and potentially dangerous."

35 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Oh goodie.....

Now McLean has set a precedent by allowing interviews with the MSM, I await with bated breath, both him and his collegues explaining baffling decisions every post match.....

McLean has not "set a precedent" here. Referees have always come out and explained the reasons for a postponement (or abandonment).

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

McLean has not "set a precedent" here. Referees have always come out and explained the reasons for a postponement (or abandonment).

Dont be a knob all your life.... I was being ironic 

Edited by C4mmy31

5 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Where in that post do I say that players and managers actually make the decision to postpone a game

I guess it's where you stated "The ref (along with the players/managers) obviously decided it was raining too much/too heavily that the game wouldn't make it far enough to justify starting it. "...............

Harrison Ford Shrug GIF by Star Wars

Just now, Green Day said:

I guess it's where you stated "The ref (along with the players/managers) obviously decided it was raining too much/too heavily that the game wouldn't make it far enough to justify starting it. "...............

Harrison Ford Shrug GIF by Star Wars

It was funny at first but I'm genuinely concerned now. Do you think that sentence reads "The ref has no say, and the players and management make the final decision"?

There are probably scientists who would love a good wee slice into a brain like that.

59 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

As far as I know, aye. The council own the stadium so it would make sense. 

They got the stadium when the mad Italians were running about claiming we'd be playing Champions League football in a few years

We have never owned the stadium.