Leivinstoun vs Aberdeen - Wed 13th Jan

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

To be fair, the issue isn't the pitch - the issue is the stadium and where it's located. Parts of the pitch get zero sunlight, the bottom of a valley where the drainage is minimal and all water pools to the bottom and next to a river. 

It's been an issue far longer than this year alone, if the pitch was still grass then it would be an absolute state especially after the snow we had and we'd be seeing another month of call offs depending on incoming weather

So fucking what ? 

That's Livi's fault then, no one elses.  Either get a better pitch laid that can actually cope with the Scottish weather, or be professional enough to take timely measures that stop opponents travelling 130 miles for nothing. 

10 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

They were. The ref (along with the players/managers) obviously decided it was raining too much/too heavily that the game wouldn't make it far enough to justify starting it. 

Managers and players are now allowed to decide if matches are off............

Surprising then that Celtic didn't decide it was "a bit windy and rainy" v us on Monday?

Just now, Bob Mahelp said:

So fucking what ? 

That's Livi's fault then, no one elses.  Either get a better pitch laid that can actually cope with the Scottish weather, or be professional enough to take timely measures that stop opponents travelling 130 miles for nothing. 

There's very little a new pitch will do, it's the location of the stadium that's causing the main issue. We don't own our stadium either so we don't exactly have a say in what we do with the pitch. We rent it from the West Lothian Council who let West Lothian Youth Foundation use it. 

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Would be a cracking laugh if we got a big roof to go over the stadium actually. Box office stuff.

You should just play in MacArthur glen designer outlet (or whatever it's called), there's no c**t there at the moment and the surface is comparable.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

There's very little a new pitch will do, it's the location of the stadium that's causing the main issue. We don't own our stadium either so we don't exactly have a say in what we do with the pitch. We rent it from the West Lothian Council who let West Lothian Youth Foundation use it. 

I recognise that, but it's still Livingston's responsibility I'm afraid. 

I've no idea, do you have a history of games being postponed ? 

I honestly can't think of many games in Scotland on artificial pitches being postponed. Maybe I'm wrong on that...

“On promotion to the Football League, in August 2020, the club confirmed that, in order to comply with the League's regulations, they would replace Wetherby Road's synthetic pitch with a grass one”. Harrogate Town had to install a grass pitch to play in England’s fourth division. Yet our “premier” league allows them. Like the requirement for seating that led to stadium sharing in the past, this should be brought in for the 2022 season.

3 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Managers and players are now allowed to decide if matches are off............

Surprising then that Celtic didn't decide it was "a bit windy and rainy" v us on Monday?

It was definitely Steven McLean’s decision to put the game off. You could tell by the body language of the two managers that they both wanted it on.

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I recognise that, but it's still Livingston's responsibility I'm afraid. 

I've no idea, do you have a history of games being postponed ? 

I honestly can't think of many games in Scotland on artificial pitches being postponed. Maybe I'm wrong on that...

I think since we've laid the plastic these two are the first we've had off. Previously on grass we had about 4 or 5 every season off

Just now, kingjoey said:

It was definitely Steven McLean’s decision to put the game off. You could tell by the body language of the two managers that they both wanted it on.

Aye, I was just commenting to the @LiviLion guy who suggested the managers and players were "part of the decision" which is obviously bollocks.

Bbc:

"Referee Steven McLean said players felt the pitch was "unsafe" and Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes said postponing the match was "the right call".

Looks like we've complained and got out of playing the match while livi are on form. Average points intact.  Clever.