Leivinstoun vs Aberdeen - Wed 13th Jan

Fed up coming away from games against Aberdeen thinking shoulda, woulda, coulda. We were great in the first half at Pittodrie then a quickfire double and the game was done. 
It’s a strange one in that we’ve had 9 or 10 different goalscorers in the last half a dozen games and yet I’m not sure how we set up to score in this one. Expecting a tight game.

Yeah the only team we haven't beaten in our top flight return, we're long overdue a win here.

Not too fussed if we stick with Marv & Holt in the holding mid 2, or drop one for Sibbs playing there, either is fine, can't see us getting away with starting JET up front again though, if we don't press the Dons defenders and allow them free rein to bring the ball out from the back, it'll put a lot of pressure on our defence. So Robbo or Poplatnik starting is a must for me. Apart from that, the same again with the rest of the team, and just get stuck in about them.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Yeah I reckon we'll go for the more defensive approach this game, Bartley and Holt sitting deep and one of Mullin/Forrest playing off of Matej hopefully. 

Games where we're expected to go win we'd play Forrest and Mullin as an attacking luxury but we'll benefit more from MB and JH sitting sweeping it up to allow Sibbs and Pittman to do the extra offensive work

Realistically we should be aiming to win this. That's no disrespect to Livingston, who I feel have performed remarkably well in recent times. Given our patchy recent form and honking level of peformance however, I highly doubt we'll get everything our own way, and I for one won't be in the least bit surprised if Livi win.

Guest Bob Mahelp

We're back into the age old McInnes fall back mode when we get a couple of bad results. Fight hard, don't concede goals, shitfest games 1-0 or so. 

We've done this in periods each season for the last 6 years. 

I don't see anything else happening tomorrow. 

21 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

We're back into the age old McInnes fall back mode when we get a couple of bad results. Fight hard, don't concede goals, shitfest games 1-0 or so. 

We've done this in periods each season for the last 6 years. 

I don't see anything else happening tomorrow. 

Yes, this won’t be pretty. 

Heavy dump of snaw out here in the west side of West Lothian last nite,I dare say it wont be much different,6 miles further east in Livi..

Hopefully no more snow overnight,Livi still haven't beat Aberdeen since they're return to the top flight,hopefully it will happen tommorow but think a draw is the most likely outcome.

25 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Getting the excuses in already i see,Dons.At least the game will go ahead.Had it been our old pitch,match would have been in serious doubt TBF. Going by the weather outlook the only thing in doubt is the Dons making it down here safely. 👍 🦁

Yeah also having no crowd will make it a bit easier to get the game on, don't have to worry so much about roads, footpaths in surrounding areas outside the ground. 

19 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

6 wins out of 6 so far, Aberdeen seem to be shitting themselves. No reason we can’t go out and dominate this given the confidence we have lately 

This is getting as big as our first ever win over Celtic, not having beaten Aberdeen since 2004*.

*Read on twitter and can't be arsed checking.

29 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah also having no crowd will make it a bit easier to get the game on, don't have to worry so much about roads, footpaths in surrounding areas outside the ground. 

Yeah, reckon the only real worry with this game would have been the police saying it's not safe for fans to be travelling.

Think this'll be the game Martindale loses his 100% record, Aberdeen to shitfest their way to a 1-0 win.

Edited by LiviLion

The ground is rock solid outside; I appreciate the "all-weather" nature of the pitch gives a better chance but, like I say its absolutely baltic.

Clearing the snow should be a task and a half under the current restrictions whereby they presumably cant call out for volunteers but hopefully the 4pm kick-off might make it a little easier (he says trying to sound positive).