Have you been annoyed by the attendance of a 'famous' person at one of your games?

2 hours ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

we're over the border here, but its a worthy trip, making a celebrity fan is the only good thing Russell Brand has ever done.

O0DflcI.jpg

West Ham have never beat Borussia Dortmund.  The teams sometimes called the lemons.  Anyway here’s Katy Perry squeezing some lemons.

28E25861-3C00-4533-9DDB-FAC73FF95444.jpeg

On 28/12/2020 at 16:26, Drewmc said:

At the time Robbie Keane was on loan to Celtic, we had a home game, I think, against Kilmarnock. There were security personnel and police the length of Kerrydale Street stopping folk crossing. I was one of those stopped from trying to get to my seat in the west side of the main stand. I was at the top of the street ...closest to the stadium. A few of us kept asking why we couldn’t cross and were told it was because a VIP was arriving......and we would be in bother if we tried to break the line. Various suggestions about who it could be.....politicians etc. (Not royalty, obviously). We were held for about 5 minutes and then 2 blacked out SUVs roared up the street and the security /polis started shouting ‘everybody stay back”’ etc. The vehicles stopped and from the first one emerged Ronan effing  Keating. From the second emerged his family. 

Keating was about 5 yards from me, preening himself expecting the adulation of the crowd....which was mostly guys over 50 like me. There was stunned silence with a few questions of ‘who the eff is that?’. I pointed at him and asked the policewoman next to me if we had genuinely been stopped from crossing the street ‘because of that bloody no mark?’.  She replied, not quite getting the point, ‘Oh yes he is famous and I think he is lovely’.

Keating was looking over and had obviously heard the exchange so I told him that if he had just walked up Kerrydale Street none of us would have bothered our backsides about him. (How I kept it clean with no swearing I will never know). 

No wonder some of these people get an exaggerated idea of their importance.  He ended up doing the usual half time appearance but thankfully didn’t sing.  

You know you've blew up, when 50yr old **** rush the stands, and try to touch your hands, like some screaming Usher fans.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

I was annoyed at @Bert Raccoon being at one of our games a few years back, although tbf he became famous because of it, rather than being a famous person in attendance...

Between that fateful day, a square go in Cowdenbeath and Martin Cannings dad offering me out for a fight I've had my fair share of infamy over the last few years. Thankfully I'm a respectable gentleman nowadays.

The let’s get ready to rumble guy came to Hampden for the cup final (don’t know his name) he had a microphone but I never heard anything he said, he pocketed a lot of money and trotted off again.  Waste of time.
Michael Buffer

I'm sure Livi had a young Sam Heughan come to a game once as his character on River city played for Livi. A total no mark at the time but he's gone on to be quite successful in Outlander and being tipped for Bond

Dunno if we've had anyone in the famous category at Livi matches, my dad and bro sat behind John the whirlwind Wishaw wizard Higgins at one of our games, don't think he was there supporting us though.

Nearest we've got to anyone famous is a couple of SNP  MP's, or MSP's, Angela Constance and Hannah Bardell, both congratulated us on twitter and attended our promotion winning play off games. Suppose anyone not sharing their political views on independence would regard them as unwelcome.

Or Massone, who is more infamous, and was chased around the carpark by a Livi fan, he'd certainly not be welcome if he ever had the urge to attend a Livi game..

8 hours ago, Dubai Jag said:

Good way of promoting your appearance at a Glasgow theatre without pissing off half of your potential audience.

JS100632550.jpg

Seems wishful thinking to believe this wouldn't have pissed off the perma-offended fans of both teams in some way or another. 

5 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I remember we sat watching from the East Stand a commotion in the Accies section of the main stand and wondering what was going on.  Was that the 4-0 match?

It was the 2-0 Cup game. A section of Accies fans who were already fed up with Canning Jr started chanting Canning Get To f**k and his father took offence and started offering fans out for a square go. I didn't oblige as I don't punch elderly men but it was crazy behaviour none the less.