Have you been annoyed by the attendance of a 'famous' person at one of your games?

1 hour ago, Loki said:

I think Mohammmed Al Fayed was at our games or at least he was going to.  He owns (or used to own) a castle and estate around here.  Around the time he was best friends with Michael Jackson.

Can vaguely remember a takeover rumour around the early 2000s, or possibly an affiliation with Fulham.

Not Scottish football related, but remember hearing about the fella who sung that One Pound Fish song on XFactor doing a half time show at West Ham. He was deported a few weeks later as he had broke the terms of his visa. 

DDFR once introduced three special guests on the Cappielow pitch at half time. I remember it well.

DDFR: First Minister Jack MConnell!
Crowd: Boooooooooo!

DDFR: The Charmain of the SFL!
Crowd: Meh

DDFR: The Chairman of Bells Whisky!
Crowd: *Thunderous applause and cheering*

The Bells guy lapped it up whilst McConnell at least managed to laugh about it.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but it thoroughly boils my piss that Amy Macdonald is forever singing the national anthem despite having the voice of a bull being castrated. Not to mention she's a fucking *** witch. You can't even find her attractive in the knowledge that she's been infested with the seed of ultra bawbag Richard Foster. Her one saving grace is that she appears to support independence, which is likely the only reason she ever gets the Hampden gig anyway.

3 hours ago, Joe Terrapin said:

At a New Year derby a few years ago at Easter Road, I was in hospitality (wife having bought it for my Christmas). Imagine my rage when I saw that most famous of Jambo celebrity, Ronnie Corbett, saunter into the seat directly in front of me as we took our seats for the game. I was raging as I couldn't see a fucking thing for the whole game.

Did he say sorry?

1 hour ago, Illgresi said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but it thoroughly boils my piss that Amy Macdonald is forever singing the national anthem despite having the voice of a bull being castrated. Not to mention she's a fucking *** witch. You can't even find her attractive in the knowledge that she's been infested with the seed of ultra bawbag Richard Foster.

:lol:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that you're not a fan.

Motherwell getting Des Clarke and an appearingly half pished Tommy Sheridan, resplendent in his Celtic scarf to do the 50/50 draw and slaver a lot of shite when we played them at Fir Park a few years ago was a tad annoying. Who the f*ck thought that was a good idea? 

I remember Jim Murphy turning up at a game at RP at one time a few years ago, possibly when Lee Clark was our manager. I blame him for our poor result that day.

I say that not quite being able to remember who the opposition was or even the score, but my guess is we had a poor result. If I was bothered to trawl through his twitter I'd find out the date and the opposition etc but I can't be bothered, I remember he tweeted about it, but that's all. 

Not at our ground, but at one of our games against deidco, they had Andy Cameron sing a ditty and one of our lot showed quite how much it was appreciated, resulting in one of the great miscarriages of justice. 

"His lawyer, [....] , said: ''He has even been told he will be nail-bombed like the London atrocity.''

The lawyer told the court: ''Like the rest of the 1300 Aberdeen support he was incensed at the party songs being sung by Mr Cameron. He was drunk and his intention was to grab the microphone from Mr Cameron and treat the crowd to some Aberdeen songs.''

8 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Willy Brandt presented the East of Scotland Shield back around the early 1960s (when it was still a big game) - although he was Mayor of West Berlin at the time and not yet Chancellor of West Germany. Prince Phillip, Field Marshal Montgomery and Clement Attlee were also guests of honour at Hibs games.

That's the sort of calibre you should be aiming for IMO.

Utterly cringed at this inter-city programme from Tynecastle in 1954:

Bolton-Wanderers-v-Edinburgh-Select-07-0

Quoting from p3:

It is a great pleasure to have with us to-day as our guests the Earl and Countess of Dalkeith. They are a couple dear to romantic Scottish hearts.

The Earl of Dalkeith saw service in the last war as a young lieutenant in the RNVR but we know him better as a popular Border laird, countryman, patriot and sportsman.

We were all thrilled by his wedding to lovely Miss Jane McNeill in January of last year, which took place at St Giles' and was attended by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth and other members of the Royal family.

We rejoiced with the young couple, too, over the birth early this year of their son and heir, Lord Eskdaill.

At 2:57pm there will be a Presentation of Teams to The Rt Hon the Earl of Dalkeith. At the close of the match the Allison Trophy and awards to players will be presented by The Rt Hon the Countess of Dalkeith.

'Ah, interesting thread... yeah, remember 1988 well... Rod Stewart, Ronnie Corbett, usual stuff... oh, HibeeJibee, wonder who he's got.'

Willy Brandt and the Earl of Dalkeith.

You never disappoint.

5 hours ago, Loki said:

I think Mohammmed Al Fayed was at our games or at least he was going to.  He owns (or used to own) a castle and estate around here.  Around the time he was best friends with Michael Jackson.

The only other person that could court controversy would be Ian Blackford but can’t recall him ever going to a game. 

We seriously lack celebrity fans - Julie Fowlis, Tim Rice, and  Charles Kennedy are the only ones I can think of.  

Do you happen to know where she sits and whether I can get a season ticket for a seat as close as possible but at least 50 metres from there?

No doubt they'll be along to explain, but I seem to remember the "small minority" line being used at the time. It's unfortunate that, if you had to choose a Scottish club that a fascist agitator would feel most comfortable attending, Airdrie would likely be in the top two.
That's some pic of Count Dankula they chose for the article too. Literally his, "I FUKKIN LUV YOO" face.

Genuinely was daft wee laddies (mostly). Any others are just idiots

10 hours ago, d_t_b said:

Wagner turned up at NDP once as a guest of Dundee.

Wouldn't say I was annoyed by it though

I thought I had just imagined that.

I think there was an announcement about it at half time. Some guy from X Factor is here. He stood up and waved.  General indifference ensued.

Still, when you think of some of the guests Dundee could have invited, it could have been worse. 

12 hours ago, Loki said:

The only other person that could court controversy would be Ian Blackford but can’t recall him ever going to a game. 

I think famous people who could potentially attend your game and in turn could annoy someone in the crowd by doing so leaves the remit of the thread rather wide......