Have you been annoyed by the attendance of a 'famous' person at one of your games?

This post comes about from the attendance of George 'indefatigable' Galloway at the QotS game on Boxing Day.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55462633

There are several reasons why people are (rightly) pissed off he was allowed in to watch the game (it was a 1-3 loss to Dundee, so I mean that's a punishment in itself). One of them being it broke strict lockdown rules. No other fan was allowed in. Galloway lives in the area and apparently is a season ticket holder but it still doesn't mean he should get preferential treatment. It's quite clear that his "status" gained him that advantage. What's more he had the "good sense" to tweet about it too, alerting everyone to QotS's blunder. Now to be fair to QotS, they have come out an apologised profusely.

That aside, and the main core of this thread, is the other reason people are pissed off is because George Galloway can, by all metrics, be considered a blow hard c**t, and a cringeworthy 'yer da' fucknugget and it got me thinking is there any 'celebrity' or even 'well kent face' that has rocked up at your ground that you've been pissed off at? I guess, purely with the numbers involved, the OF will be a magnet for this. I'll  no doubt be proven wrong here but I can't think of any 'famous' St Mirren fan that would bring ire - unless we include Chick Young (if you can count him as famous - also, he tends to annoy other supporters not our own).

So, in short, which 'celebrity' fan has claimed an affiliation or support for your club who can absolutely 'do one'?

Edited by Ric

I think an honourable mention should go to both sets of fans boo'ing Thatcher at the 1988 Scottish Cup Final (it was United v Celtic, so no staunchly loyal support in the ground)..

You'll need to fast forward to round about 6:50 ish

Jesus, what a f**k-up. You wouldn't trust George Galloway to keep schtum about his attendance at his own funeral.

I'm sure the Airdrie fans will be along to decry the attendance of one Stephen Yaxley-Lennon. Well, some of them.

Rod Stewart has probably made himself rather unwelcome at Celtic games after publicly sucking up to Boris Johnson, although Im sure he will be safe in the directors box.

John Reid, war mongering crook that he is, was often booed when making any public speeches/presentations so stopped doing them.

55 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Jesus, what a f**k-up. You wouldn't trust George Galloway to keep schtum about his attendance at his own funeral.

I'm sure the Airdrie fans will be along to decry the attendance of one Stephen Yaxley-Lennon. Well, some of them.

f**k me, that one passed me by, but you are 100% right...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/watch-supporters-chant-tommy-robinsons-12222642

Bonus pic of the fucking welt in a Rangers top too.

Did the idiots singing his name get outed?

Edited by Ric

14 minutes ago, Ric said:

f**k me, that one passed me by, but you are 100% right...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/watch-supporters-chant-tommy-robinsons-12222642

Bonus pic of the fucking welt in a Rangers top too.

Were the idiots singing his name get outed?

No doubt they'll be along to explain, but I seem to remember the "small minority" line being used at the time. It's unfortunate that, if you had to choose a Scottish club that a fascist agitator would feel most comfortable attending, Airdrie would likely be in the top two.

That's some pic of Count Dankula they chose for the article too. Literally his, "I FUKKIN LUV YOO" face.

25 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Rod Stewart has probably made himself rather unwelcome at Celtic games after publicly sucking up to Boris Johnson, although Im sure he will be safe in the directors box.

John Reid, war mongering crook that he is, was often booed when making any public speeches/presentations so stopped doing them.

Rod Stewart was the only other name I could think of for the OP, yeah. can guess a few Celtic fans might be fucked off at him.

I'm at the point where I don't even know if the Morrisey + Dundee FC connection is real or some sort of exaggerated memetic ruse cruise on the entire rest of the forum (thank you) but I think he has legit been in attendance at Dens before.

Mhairi Black might get some of the yer da element of our support angry, she's been a regular at Firhill.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

24 minutes ago, gannonball said:

What I hate most about Rod Stewart at our games is the fact he gets driven up to the front door in a limo and has security usher him into the entrance like he's some sort of member of the Royal family or a world political leader rather than just a pop singer. Man's an utter c**t! Probably never spent a penny on Celtic and everything is handed to him too. 

1 minute ago, Busta Nut said:

For some reason Motherwell thought it would be a good idea for Mark Hateley to do the Halftime draw. (Tam was our RB at the time) 

That annoyed me and a few thousand others.

Yeah we were pretty fuckin annoyed when Tom played for us too.

Ruth Davidson is a Pars fan and regularly attended East End.

Fortunately she hasn't been an attention seeking c**t about it and, as far as I know, attends as a regular fan rather than a guest of a board member.

5 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

For some reason Motherwell thought it would be a good idea for Mark Hateley to do the Halftime draw. (Tam was our RB at the time) 

That annoyed me and a few thousand others.

Nothing beats Tommy Sheridan in a Celtic scarf, though.

Surely I’ve made that one up? I’m scared to check for it on YouTube as it will anger the blood.

Just now, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Surely I’ve made that one up? I’m scared to check for it on YouTube as it will anger the blood.

That does ring a bell

23 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

...but if he's investing in them like he's claiming even if it's a rule break you can see why he'd maybe be in attendance.

I don't think you'll find many would agree with you there. Certainly the QotS board, albeit only after people found out, rolled back considerably and gave out a profuse apology.

I'm a bit of a principled person, if someone as loathsome as Galloway was investing in St Mirren I would be asking questions of our board. There is a level of hypocrisy there, and I accept that, as a fan run club I am sure there are some members of SMiSA who aren't exactly perfect either.

18 minutes ago, BFTD said:

It's unfortunate that, if you had to choose a Scottish club that a fascist agitator would feel most comfortable attending, Airdrie would likely be in the top two.

It's certainly quite the Scottish footballing bingo card.

18 minutes ago, BFTD said:

That's some pic of Count Dankula they chose for the article too. Literally his, "I FUKKIN LUV YOO" face.

Yeah, the whole thing is a fucking mess. Dankula, claiming he is in no way a xenophobe, racist or anti-Semite looking like he's ready to suck the cock of a racist xenophobe anti-Semite.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Ruth Davidson is a Pars fan and regularly attended East End.

Fortunately she hasn't been an attention seeking c**t about it and, as far as I know, attends as a regular fan rather than a guest of a board member.

I don't understand Tories at all. 

1 minute ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

His recent videos, with him in a Celtic top, will snap your spine with cringe.