Partick v Clyde

Happy New Year
Feels like intruding in a family disagreement but a few points from my perspective.
I agree that very few from either club, were disappointed to have the game postponed.  Paradoxically, the view might have been different if fans were allowed to attend. 
From a financial viewpoint, there would be NO PAYBACK on spending 'the few grand' which does sound kinda high, so I wouldn't have switched it on either. 
Without wishing to open old wounds...I think many clubs, especially after last season's farcical conclusion, would have at least one eye on points on the board rather than the games played...
I am not a huge fan of McCall as a person, but I really think he is one of the very best operators at this level.  It is all the more surprising to find that he was sufficiently nervous (shat it) about playing Clyde in our current form, that he had a pivotal influence on whether to dial down Thistle's Hive. If  2 variables are Thistle's form and Clyde's form, I can't image we'll get much worse. Bit of a gamble even for him.

Re the points on the board thing - last season it was decided on pts per game. Even so, if we had played and won we would have gone above Airdrie on that basis(assuming their game would still have been played). Probably won’t make any difference if season is halted.