Partick v Clyde

26 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I'm pretty sure the thought process would have been "Covid has fucked us financially, let's not run up a huge leccy bill on top of that for no reason."

You might be right that the financial side of things came into play. But playing a football match is hardly “no reason”. It’s literally the purpose of a football club.

34 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I'm pretty sure the thought process would have been "Covid has fucked us financially, let's not run up a huge leccy bill on top of that for no reason."

We just got £150k off the Government. There's more than £60k sitting in the Go Fund Me account.

2 days of undersoil heating would have cost around 400 match subscriptions. 

So let's stop this pish. 

13 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

You might be right that the financial side of things came into play. But playing a football match is hardly “no reason”. It’s literally the purpose of a football club.

We’re not just a football club. We’re a family.

We just got £150k off the Government. There's more than £60k sitting in the Go Fund Me account.
So let's stop this pish. 

It's still money that doesn't need to be spent. The game can simply be played some other day. It's not like we've a huge backlog with a two-legged UEFA semi-final approaching. I'd be saying the same were the shoe on the other foot.

12 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
23 minutes ago, dave.j said:
So let's stop this pish. 

It's still money that doesn't need to be spent. The game can simply be played some other day. It's not like we've a huge backlog with a two-legged UEFA semi-final approaching. I'd be saying the same were the shoe on the other foot.

Is that how it works? Teams just get to pick n choose when it's best for them to play their games now? 

19 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
26 minutes ago, dave.j said:
Is that how it works? Teams just get to pick n choose when it's best for them to play their games now? 

If it keeps money on the game and doesn't make any difference either way, why not?

Because that would be another one of the laws of the game, we would be breaking. 

8 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
12 minutes ago, dave.j said:
Because that would be another one of the laws of the game, we would be breaking. 

Well then we'll take our punishment and see if it was worth it. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we phoned Clyde/the SPFL last night and they were fine with it.

Maybe all the teams in the league can ignore the seasons fixture list and decide as and when they want to play their games. 

Would we be liable for any kind of punishment for this? Not like ots some freak unforeseen dip, so it's pretty obvious we just didn't switch it on last night. Any other club stupid enough to do it to us would deserve it so don't see why this would be any different.

They would be fining just about every club in the country. Livingston postponed their game during the week and their must’ve been at least 6 games off today.

1 minute ago, jagsfan57 said:

They would be fining just about every club in the country. Livingston postponed their game during the week and their must’ve been at least 6 games off today.

Did Livi and the 6 home teams today make a decision to deliberately make sure their games couldn't be played? That's quite an accusation.

7 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

The undersoil didn’t get turned on because the squad is full of injuries and needs reinforcements. 

Or in layman's terms, we shat it from Clyde. 

The problem is, some folk are determined to suggest we didn't put the undersoil heating on because we are skint. 

6 minutes ago, dave.j said:

Or in layman's terms, we shat it from Clyde

The problem is, some folk are determined to suggest we didn't put the undersoil heating on because we are skint. 

Yes, sadly

We are also skint, but not skint enough to put the heating on.