Partick v Clyde

Have postponed games not been just getting rescheduled for the next day, during this Covid Season? 

After all, why does there need to be a wait until Tuesday or Wednesday night?

Also, I'm not getting how not turning on the USH is a good financial decision. This weather isn't changing any time soon 

43 minutes ago, David W said:

After last season, I would have thought Thistle would be desperate to avoid unplayed games. 

They are presumably thinking we are going to be safe - not going to go up or down - will finish mid table and won’t be affected either way or that’s the thinking anyway 😂

5 hours ago, David W said:

After last season, I would have thought Thistle would be desperate to avoid unplayed games. 

We've a few players out injured and have struggled to fill bench in recent weeks.

Postponed games gives them more valuable recovery time.

And why would we waste the costs of USH on your lot anyway?

22 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

We've a few players out injured and have struggled to fill bench in recent weeks.

Postponed games gives them more valuable recovery time.

And why would we waste the costs of USH on your lot anyway?

Screenshot_20210102_114829.jpg

16 minutes ago, dave.j said:

Screenshot_20210102_114829.jpg

Would we be liable for any kind of punishment for this? Not like ots some freak unforeseen dip, so it's pretty obvious we just didn't switch it on last night. Any other club stupid enough to do it to us would deserve it so don't see why this would be any different.

3 minutes ago, forameus said:

Would we be liable for any kind of punishment for this? Not like ots some freak unforeseen dip, so it's pretty obvious we just didn't switch it on last night. Any other club stupid enough to do it to us would deserve it so don't see why this would be any different.

I can’t remember a club being punished for this before, and at a guess that’s probably because it’s tough to prove that a club haven’t made efforts to get a game on. I’m sure there are occasions every season where clubs don’t turn theirs on, for whatever reason that may be. Dunfermline are in the same situation as us today, where their game was called off despite having USH.

Incredibly tinpot behaviour, right enough. We could be 3 points off the top right now if we hadn’t shat ourselves from the team currently in 9th place.

Incredibly tinpot behaviour, right enough. We could be 3 points off the top right now if we hadn’t shat ourselves from the team currently in 9th place.

I'm pretty sure the thought process would have been "Covid has fucked us financially, let's not run up a huge leccy bill on top of that for no reason."