Partick v Clyde

Is there any point to turning on the USH, can't imagine the amount of potential stream buyers will vary much from a Saturday 3pm kick off to a Tuesday night at the moment and it costs a fortune to run. 

Also if we have no available strikers it won't be the first time we've "forgotten" to switch it on. 

Edited by Fuctifano

7 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Is there any point to turning on the USH, can't imagine the amount of potential stream buyers will vary much from a Saturday 3pm kick off to a Tuesday night at the moment and it costs a fortune to run. 

Also if we have no available strikers it won't be the first time we've "forgotten" to switch it on. 

The only downside is Clyde fans also want the game off whereas that time we got the tears and snotters of Dunfermline fans because Buchanan was missing.

21 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Given the probable cost of running undersoil heating, it would be nuts for any lower league team to use it in the current circumstances. 
Sounds like both sets of fans would be quite happy if this didn’t go ahead ! 

Sfa do know were playin a team 20min drive fae broadwood?!..

Old days this fixture had inspections 1-2pm and that was wae fans allowed in/travelling..

Very bizarre time but hope its aff and rearrange it when we might have a few L1 players...

Yer Mithers Pride[emoji1267]

Do it at half 2. Like you say no fans travelling to the game anyway. Worst that happens is the players go back home or go train elsewhere

Going by the comments on the thistle Facebook page they want the game off. Or certainly their supporters. 

Even if we have a weakened squad I’d want the game to go ahead. Get rumped into them Clyde & play with some passion. If we don’t win then so be it but leave everything out there. 

Unless the game is called off then we know that thistle have bricked it. Get the undersoil heating on & the game on. 

I can see why the management team wouldn’t be particularly upset by a postponement due an 18 year old recalled from East Stirling being our only likely starter up front. 

We seem to have an attitude problem with this fixture. Clyde play it like a derby and have given Thistle plenty of bloody noses over the years I’ve followed the Jags. 

Again this was the case at the start of the season, Clyde winning with a spirited and resolute effort from a squad barring Goodwillie that is full of players that wouldn’t look out of place in a mid table league two side. So far that game has shown up our lack of creativity and ability to finish any chances off. We have been more resolute in defence but when you struggle to score a goal a game in this shitshow of a division I’d rather see a more attacking line-up. 

If the game beats the freeze (unlikely) McCall May have his hand forced on that front with Docherty a serious doubt after a midweek scan on the injury picked up last week. So may have to add a more attack minded player to the line-up. I dont see the need for two essentially defensive midfielders in this league. 

Prediction: Thistle P Clyde P

2 hours ago, jagfox BLM said:

I can see why the management team wouldn’t be particularly upset by a postponement due an 18 year old recalled from East Stirling being our only likely starter up front. 

We seem to have an attitude problem with this fixture. Clyde play it like a derby and have given Thistle plenty of bloody noses over the years I’ve followed the Jags. 

Again this was the case at the start of the season, Clyde winning with a spirited and resolute effort from a squad barring Goodwillie that is full of players that wouldn’t look out of place in a mid table league two side. So far that game has shown up our lack of creativity and ability to finish any chances off. We have been more resolute in defence but when you struggle to score a goal a game in this shitshow of a division I’d rather see a more attacking line-up. 

If the game beats the freeze (unlikely) McCall May have his hand forced on that front with Docherty a serious doubt after a midweek scan on the injury picked up last week. So may have to add a more attack minded player to the line-up. I dont see the need for two essentially defensive midfielders in this league. 

Prediction: Thistle P Clyde P

Is it not league rules that all clubs have to do as much as possible to get the game on, covers, undersoil heating etc,   I know the heating screws the pitch and costs a,small fortune.

Remember the SPL have some sort of ruling,  with our game off at ice station dumbarton, I was hoping to catch this one....

On 30/12/2020 at 22:55, R&Y99 said:

We’ve had a pretty good record over recent years of games not being called off at Firhill, so I’m not concerned about the game not going ahead.

The record is gone.