Partick v Clyde

Home team cant score it seems v Away team that lose goals for fun in defeat or during a rare win...

On that note about time we gave Howie a deserved chance in his natural position of Centre half alomgside TL & afraid drop Rumsby who gives his all every week but just not L1 level..

Cant keep relying on Forfar dropping points every week but sense most weeks will be watching their score unless things improve fast or player recruitment is to the standard of the league...

Yer Mithers Pride[emoji1267]

For any Clyde fan who has ever asked themselves "Would it be worse to lose 5-0 to Partick Thistle, or get knocked out the Scottish Cup by Tranent Juniors?"; well, this next fortnight could be extremely enlightening.

I noticed Rudden got sent off for Thistle yesterday and there was no Graham in the squad. Will they be going into this game without a recoginised striker? Not that it'll make a huge difference. I would fancy Ian McCall for a brace if they stuck him up top.

15 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

I noticed Rudden got sent off for Thistle yesterday and there was no Graham in the squad. Will they be going into this game without a recoginised striker? Not that it'll make a huge difference. I would fancy Ian McCall for a brace if they stuck him up top.

McCall said he hopes Graham will be back for this one, along with Spittal and Williamson. If Graham is still out, Lyons seems the logical option to start up front, but McCall doesn’t seem to rate him.

Also a plausible option would be the pair of wimps that are Shea Gordon and Connor Murray as our “attacking” players. A terrifying thought.

After the stalemate with Falkirk we have to be winning this game, we can’t allow them to extend their lead over us any further otherwise the title race is all but over. 
With Rudden stupidly getting himself suspended, it is good news to have Graham back into the squad for this match. Spittal and Williamson also looking like they will be available is welcome news.

Edited by R&Y99

16 hours ago, David W said:

For any Clyde fan who has ever asked themselves "Would it be worse to lose 5-0 to Partick Thistle, or get knocked out the Scottish Cup by Tranent Juniors?"; well, this next fortnight could be extremely enlightening.

5 - 0! Are you planning on scoring 4 OGs?

18 hours ago, Nightmare said:

McCall said he hopes Graham will be back for this one, along with Spittal and Williamson. If Graham is still out, Lyons seems the logical option to start up front, but McCall doesn’t seem to rate him.

Also a plausible option would be the pair of wimps that are Shea Gordon and Connor Murray as our “attacking” players. A terrifying thought.

I’d stick Sena up front for the chaos factor. He’d be no worse than Murray/Lyons/Gordon.

1 hour ago, sydney said:

Have a look at the goals from our last game which are pretty typical of our defending this season. There is no chance that Thistle won’t score. 

We’ve not scored a goal in our last 3 matches, odds won’t be on us to score many in this one. 

Join us for Episode 27 of Draw, Lose or Draw. Listen in as we discuss last Saturday’s goalless draw with Falkirk and preview this weekend’s game with Clyde. We also chat about Zak Rudden’s red card, our lack of goals, our positive defensive record, what we need in January, changes to the lineup for Saturday and the big question is the title race still on?

This episode also includes day 5 of our Christmas feature, the 12 Days of Archie.

On 27/12/2020 at 23:47, C. Muir said:

🤣. Your defence looked shaky against us but in saying that we conceded three that day.

53 minutes ago, macclyde+ said:

Is there a kind of protection for the pitch in the form of covers etc ?

Would think given recent weather and ongoing forecast that the game might be in danger ?

We’ve had a pretty good record over recent years of games not being called off at Firhill, so I’m not concerned about the game not going ahead.

Im pretty sure we also had the pitch relayed a while back to counter any pitch flooding issues. (I maybe wrong with this so any thistle fans please feel free to correct me)

25 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

We’ve had a pretty good record over recent years of games not being called off at Firhill, so I’m not concerned about the game not going ahead.

Im pretty sure we also had the pitch relayed a while back to counter any pitch flooding issues. (I maybe wrong with this so any thistle fans please feel free to correct me)

I think the sub zero temperatures is a bigger issue than potential flooding. 

I think the sub zero temperatures is a bigger issue than potential flooding. 

We do have undersoil heating, it's just a case of whether they switch it on or not. I think the previous post was in relation to the thaw that this then causes subsequently creating water logging