Penicuik v Crossgates Primrose

28 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Anyone know what this is all about? Not often you see a referee up on charges. They usually look after their own.

Had a look at the highlights of this game but couldn't see anything of note. He's still continued to referee matches and nothing has came been said on here about it,  surely can't be that major...

Just now, Ginaro said:

Had a look at the highlights of this game but couldn't see anything of note. He's still continued to referee matches and nothing has came been said on here about it,  surely can't be that major...

There's 3 charges against him Gino so its serious enough. Like you I watched the highlights and it looked like a straightforward win for Penicuik. Nothing controversial. It's just unusual to see them bring their own up on charges, especially at this level.

Funny, I'm never on that page but I stumbled across it less than an hour ago when looking for the SFA covid rules (hiya Queen of the South). My guess is that this is what a ref would be charged with if he swore at someone. In 2004 Stuart Dougal was fined £200 and censured for telling Rangers' Christian Nerlinger to f**k off.

21 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Funny, I'm never on that page but I stumbled across it less than an hour ago when looking for the SFA covid rules (hiya Queen of the South). My guess is that this is what a ref would be charged with if he swore at someone. In 2004 Stuart Dougal was fined £200 and censured for telling Rangers' Christian Nerlinger to f**k off.

Sounds a reasonable explanation. I'm just curious as to how they go about proving something like that. Its one of those he said  she said scenarios. Probably a box checking exercise and won't go any further.

1 hour ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Sounds a reasonable explanation. I'm just curious as to how they go about proving something like that. Its one of those he said  she said scenarios. Probably a box checking exercise and won't go any further.

It may be that it was overheard and the referee doesn't deny it. We'll find out.

In Stuart Dougal's case I'm sure it was very clear what he said from the TV pictures, I had a rummage on YouTube for the clip but couldn't find it.

13 hours ago, GordonS said:

It may be that it was overheard and the referee doesn't deny it. We'll find out.

In Stuart Dougal's case I'm sure it was very clear what he said from the TV pictures, I had a rummage on YouTube for the clip but couldn't find it.

I remember him just muttering it under his breath as he walked away, not actually telling him to f**k off, just one of those things you do when you're exasperated.

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

I remember him just muttering it under his breath as he walked away, not actually telling him to f**k off, just one of those things you do when you're exasperated.

In my recollection he says it as Nerlinger is walking away and he's filling in his notebook, and Nerlinger didn't even hear it. I remember Alex McLeish saying they should drop the whole thing. I'm sure we've all turned away from someone and sworn at some point, it was a nothing incident that merited nothing more than "gonny no swear on the telly again?" Wish I could find the clip.

16 hours ago, The REAL Rookie Cookie said:

The referee 'sent off' the Crossgates Manager and his Assistant for comments made from the technical area - they were none too impressed - maybe something was said that shouldn't have been?

Well done Cookie! I can’t remember this incident, but always good when a fan from the club comes on and addresses an issue with the info. 👍

On 28/12/2020 at 18:51, The REAL Rookie Cookie said:

The referee 'sent off' the Crossgates Manager and his Assistant for comments made from the technical area - they were none too impressed - maybe something was said that shouldn't have been?

Cheers Cookie.