Ayr defeat to Morton

5 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Yet to be defeated at home is what we can cling to for now.  I'd take freezing away at a 0-0 draw if you offered me it the now.  Team will need some changes as well given the space between the games:

LINEUP111609167055917.png

Is that how bad it’s got where we’re willing to accept draws at home to a god awful Morton team? Dearie me. 

Well considering ayr is frosty and got snow cover this game has about 0.01% chance of happening.

Ayr P - Morton P

Club message:

After inspecting the pitch this morning there is a surface frost however underneath that is not as bad as expected. The stand side was covered and has no issues. With the sun starting to hit the pitch we are not expecting any issues unless there is a dramatic change to the forecast.

I can't see Kerr starting himself, I'll go with the following, 4-3-3, with no recognised striker, which feels odd but that front three should strike terror in any defense. Reluctant to bench Moffat but we need to do something different. It will give us options to mix it up though.

Sinisalo

Reading Roscoe Muirhead Houston

Chalmers Miller Murdoch

McCowan Smith Walsh

Subs: Hare Reid; Baird; Kerr; McKenzie; Zannata; Moffat & Anderson

Presumably this means the match referee will postpone the game 30 minutes before kick off.
Well I mean there's not any need for inspections to take into account fan travel just now and they'll probably not give two shits if the away team is already there

44 minutes ago, rb123! said:
1 hour ago, HMIP said:
Presumably this means the match referee will postpone the game 30 minutes before kick off.

Well I mean there's not any need for inspections to take into account fan travel just now and they'll probably not give two shits if the away team is already there

I’ve lost count recently of the number of games postponed where both managers are happy for the game to go ahead but the ref says no.  Was it Raith that had a game called off because the pitch was fine but the bit the linesman trots up and down was frozen?

18 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Is that how bad it’s got where we’re willing to accept draws at home to a god awful Morton team? Dearie me. 

Absolutely this. If we've got ambitions of finishing 4th or 5th then these are games we should be looking to win, let's hope the team have a more positive attitude from the first whistle than some on here. 

If people do their jobs properly and we put together a performance for the whole match, then we can definitely get the 3 points. Would love to see Walsh starting for us. 

Cmon Ayr. 

Cue another nervous, tepid, rabbit in head lights naivety to our play and result to match. 

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Houston-Baird-Muirhead-Reading

Miller-Chalmers-Murdoch

McCowan-Walsh-Smith

I’d go with this as well . Hard to put a case forward for Moff or Anderson getting into the front three as proper strikers when the three in there all scored at Tynecastle . 

Sinisalo

Houston Muirhead Baird Reading

Murdoch Miller

McCowan Walsh Smith 

Anderson

Subs: Hare Reid, Hewitt, Roscoe, Chalmers, Zanatta, Moffat, McKenzie

Edited by ayrunitedfw