Ayr defeat to Morton

Just now, BukyOHare said:

I, tongue in cheek, made a similar comment earlier in the season about the surface. 

There's something just not right with it just now. A good top dressing would help greatly. 

I suspect it’s a personnel problem.  McCall used to moan like hell about it, but he wasn’t wrong.

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Unfortunately I think it’s a sign of the cost cutting in Scottish football. I wouldn’t imagine the budget for the groundsman is anything like in the days of Harkness under Bill Barr. 

It was Bill Barr' era that fucked the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Really?? Watch some of the old 70’s games on YouTube and look at the mud bath that they used to play on.

That's because games are no longer played in those conditions, our surface was one of the best on this island. 

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Really?? Watch some of the old 70’s games on YouTube and look at the mud bath that they used to play on.

Yes, really.  Don’t know what you’re on about to be honest.  We can all pick out individual matches where the weather wrecked the pitch (the Valentine’s Day massacre comes to mind), but we consistently had one of the best surfaces around.  Now it’s like the surface of the moon.

Still, gives me something else to moan about other than Joe Chalmers being rank.

Just now, rb123! said:

When was the pitch last replaced? decades ago, the simple point will be it's at the end of it's life cycle, you look at the bigger clubs who replace their grass pitches quite often in the grand scheme of things.

You don't replace a grass pitch. There'll be a programme of care for the playing season and remedial work carried out during the close season. Some thing's definitely not right with it and has been said earlier its not been right for a few seasons. 

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

This Morton side appear well versed in the "dark arts"........

Yep, the dive for the penalty was extraordinarily convincing.

We really are grasping at straws. (The pitch is awful for both teams).