Sign in to follow this  
Bantabairn

East Fife v Falkirk

15 hours ago, Wee Jockie said:

If ever there was display of how to play football when you have no pace. Kevin Smith was brilliant today. Agnew seems to be coming on to a game too.

I've said it for a few seasons - if it wasn't for injuries, Kevin Smith would be nowhere near league one. 

6 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Falkirk fans of all fans cant comment on that. Theirs are the worst followed closely by that ICT boy for biased

Your commentators have obviously made you deaf through continuous listening, there was NO problem with any bias, its what we would expect, it was the huge difference in volume between commentators that meant you had to turn it off.

And yes you deserved your victory.

20 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

Very true fella. Falkirk will be hoping the league is called early so they can go up via the cheats route.

Just sayin likes.

😂😂.......well, who knows....could be The Fife.....but I am sure YOU will protest!!             Aw the best fur 2021!!

8 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Falkirk fans of all fans cant comment on that. Theirs are the worst followed closely by that ICT boy for biased

Or Raith tv, with their, "Davo" & "Bene", as if they are all the commentator's  mates from school. 

Our media package has long been praised by fans of club's of a much higher standing than ours, keep up the good work guys!

No one was complaining about biased commentary yesterday any comments were aimed entirely at the completely over the top screeching the boy was doing.

Hellish noise!

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

No one was complaining about biased commentary yesterday any comments were aimed entirely at the completely over the top screeching the boy was doing.

Hellish noise!

Wasn't so much the screaming, you can forgive someone for getting over excited when their team is on the attack. It was when he was doing it that was the thing for me. EF could still be in their own half when they got the ball and he would suddenly try to burst my ear drums when I least expected it!

Okay guys, we get it. Perhaps the settings need adjusting on the live stream. Still think Daniel does a terrific job as commentator.

Thank you for your feedback... 

1 hour ago, Angusfifer said:

Okay guys, we get it. Perhaps the settings need adjusting on the live stream. Still think Daniel does a terrific job as commentator.

Feedback is a very appropriate choice of words...

2 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

Aye, other than making me shit myself occasionally, I thought the guy was quite good. Wasn't too biased, which must be difficult when you're a fan. I also thought Dr Deuchar was quite good as well.

47 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, other than making me shit myself occasionally, I thought the guy was quite good. Wasn't too biased, which must be difficult when you're a fan. I also thought Dr Deuchar was quite good as well.

There is a shitload of work goes into producing a live stream. All done on a voluntary basis. Constructive feedback is always welcome. 

Or Raith tv, with their, "Davo" & "Bene", as if they are all the commentator's  mates from school. 
Our media package has long been praised by fans of club's of a much higher standing than ours, keep up the good work guys!

Being of a club of much higher standing... I watched eftv a couple seasons back and it was decent enough. Commentators were fairly impartial considering it was a Derby game. Also referred to ef players by nicknames. Don't really think these guys who are involved with the players through interviews, match days etc can be blamed for that. Alot of people on this very board do it as well, bslm for example. Haven't had the pleasure of watching falkirktv yet, being of much higher standing, but I have seen alot of negativity towards it from others.

On 02/01/2021 at 16:45, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Let’s all go back to the Falkirk thread and do some more nostalgia.

See the source image

There you go, YW.

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

Being of a club of much higher standing... I watched eftv a couple seasons back and it was decent enough. Commentators were fairly impartial considering it was a Derby game. Also referred to ef players by nicknames. Don't really think these guys who are involved with the players through interviews, match days etc can be blamed for that. Alot of people on this very board do it as well, bslm for example. Haven't had the pleasure of watching falkirktv yet, being of much higher standing, but I have seen alot of negativity towards it from others.

Since “being of a club of much higher standing” have you any thoughts on how we can all improve to reach the heights that you have??

Since “being of a club of much higher standing” have you any thoughts on how we can all improve to reach the heights that you have??
Win enough games that you are top of the league when it ends? Weird suggestion, I know. Can't be worse than your previous attempts of not doing so though. Fwiw that was a rib at a previous post, not entirely to be taken serious.

First world problem.
Ssssshhhhh ya moaning gits.
Fife for life
to the commentary team and all who provide the excellent service.
Drunk as a skunk an hour after the match

Maybe I can settle this commentary business.

Are the commentators a bit too biased sometimes on FTV? Yes. Is it still an pretty excellent service? Yes.

Does the EFTV commentator have a tendency to shout into the microphone when he gets over-excited? Yes. Is it still an pretty excellent service? Yes.

Is it slightly cringey how often the RRTV commentators call players by the nicknames? Yes. Is it still an pretty excellent service? Yes.

These are probably the three best streams I've watched this season.

I didn't have any issues with the commentary on Saturday tbh (and I was absolutely raging about our performance on the park). It's always good to see guys with a passion for their local club, volunteers giving up their own time to help out however they can, sometimes providing their own mics, camera equipment etc.

It's East Fife's stream and they can do what they like with it, same as we do with ours.

The exceptions are of course Celtic and Rangers TV, their commentary will always be funny as f**k to listen to 

12 hours ago, grumswall said:

emoji848.png Win enough games that you are top of the league when it ends? Weird suggestion, I know. Can't be worse than your previous attempts of not doing so though. Fwiw that was a rib at a previous post, not entirely to be taken serious.

Does winning cups help?

25 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I didn't have any issues with the commentary on Saturday tbh (and I was absolutely raging about our performance on the park). It's always good to see guys with a passion for their local club, volunteers giving up their own time to help out however they can, sometimes providing their own mics, camera equipment etc.

It's East Fife's stream and they can do what they like with it, same as we do with ours.

The exceptions are of course Celtic and Rangers TV, their commentary will always be funny as f**k to listen to 

I assume you're including Sportscene in the Celtic and Rangers TV  bit?

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

This is by far our worst performance so far in the middle of a bad spell. Questions being asked is reasonable but mass hysteria is over the top when we are top of the table....

Sorry RB, have let this sit for a couple of days, but feel the need to pick up on that 'mass hysteria' dig - from what I've watched and read, the mass hysteria has been from a) deluded fans or WUM writing about how many points we're going to win the league by or b) our seemingly deluded co-manager talking about "steam-rollering" the opposition.  Both are clearly divorced from reality, and neither comment sits at all with the majority of fans watching the dross the team has been serving up for a good while now.  We've not 'steam-rollered' anybody, nor do we look likely to;  the 3-0 win at Clyde was certainly a good result, but not exactly reflective of play that day. The "We're top of the table, calm doon" mantra is hopelessly mis-placed blind optimism. Based on a sequence of displays, not a one-off bad day, we look bereft of conviction, energy, pass & move...  Most folks on here are rightly highlighting bona fide deficiencies, not knicker -wetting, as its become pretty clear we're nowhere near convincing, individually or collectively.   

Sammon and Dowds together must be the piss-easiest combo for any opposition defence to play against. Time and time again they've shown themselves up to be slow, ponderous, predictable, unable to trap a pass or hold up play to any competent degree.  No evidence of positive energy, commitment, guile, or even giving their respective marker a hard time.  (How many genuine chances have we been making each Saturday? How many decent saves have the opposition goalies had to make over the last month?)  Sadly, Alston looks like a mis-fit; one peach of a free kick v Dumbarton aside, he's been pretty much anonymous and that's a dreadful return and such a let-down given the talent he has/had. Todd and Mercer are like playing with a man short, they've contributed so little, and both (G) Miller and Kelly have regressed alarmingly.  That's 7 out of a regular 11 - first choice players not delivering on a weekly basis.  That ain't mass hysteria, that's... er... rather concerning.   

A big, big month ahead for our co-managers to turn this around... over to you, guys.