Sign in to follow this  
Bantabairn

East Fife v Falkirk

If ever there was display of how to play football when you have no pace. Kevin Smith was brilliant today. Agnew seems to be coming on to a game too.

Just now, roman_bairn said:

We have just rightly lambasted the management team for having no planB but your solution is to sack the managers with no coherent plan to improve matters?

Sit down for this...

...we could open the vacancy to qualified applicants and select one?

If ever there was display of how to play football when you have no pace. Kevin Smith was brilliant today. Agnew seems to be coming on to a game too.

And if that save had been made in the English premiership !!!!

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

We have just rightly lambasted the management team for having no planB but your solution is to sack the managers with no coherent plan to improve matters?

It is not my job, or the job of any supporter for that matter, so find and hire a manager. That responsibility falls to the board of the club. That doesn't stop fans - who have backed the club in their droves, continuously pummelling in money which said board have proceeded to consistently squander as we tumble down the footballing ladder - pointing out that the current management isn't good enough.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Sit down for this...
...we could open the vacancy to qualified applicants and select one?

We could. But we would be changing a team at the top of the table for a complete unknown.
I’d only opt for that if we were desperate.
At this stage I don’t think we are....

19 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

It is not my job, or the job of any supporter for that matter, so find and hire a manager. That responsibility falls to the board of the club. That doesn't stop fans - who have backed the club in their droves, continuously pummelling in money which said board have proceeded to consistently squander as we tumble down the footballing ladder - pointing out that the current management isn't good enough.

When did I suggest that it was wrong to question whether they are good enough?

Questions are rightly being asked tonight. That doesn’t mean tonight is the right time to rush to change. It may be in the next couple of week though...

33 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

You should know you utter w**k. Your mob lost to us often enough these past few seasons.

Dry your eyes wee man ! You guys will never amount to anything!

EF were the better side for about 75 minutes. Airdrie moved the ball better than us as have Partick twice.

Do they have better players? No way have they it has to be down to coaching and set up

42 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

We could. But we would be changing a team at the top of the table for a complete unknown.

I agree, a new manager would have his own ideas which would take time to bed in. We're not desperate just yet, but if we lose the lead then I think their time may be up, especially given the possibility that the season may be called early. I'm hoping that the cup game may allow us to relax a bit and play some football without the pressure of having to win 3 points, then hope that that can be carried into the league.

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

EF were the better side for about 75 minutes. Airdrie moved the ball better than us as have Partick twice.

Do they have better players? No way have they it has to be down to coaching and set up

No your just shit! 

27 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not many players in that Falkirk team I’d be wanting . Some terrible performances both full backs just kicked the ball the way there arse was pointing . Two centre backs as bad as I’ve seen in a long time at professional level. 

Good result to wake up too and keeps our mini run going.  Bayview is turning into a difficult place for teams to come to this season. 

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

We either do it now or that's it till may. No point in changing the management team after the window has closed and they've signed up more dross.

2 minutes ago, Top Bins said:

Robinson ex Motherwell out of a job but he wouldn’t touch us with a barge pole. 

He chose to be out of a job. If he's fed up with the limits at Motherwell he ain't going to put up with our budget.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

He chose to be out of a job. If he's fed up with the limits at Motherwell he ain't going to put up with our budget.

I agree. He was frustrated there, he would be suicidal at our place. 

I was interested in Young once McKinnon was sacked before we appointed M+M. They are clueless, needs sorted now!! 

48 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I agree, a new manager would have his own ideas which would take time to bed in. We're not desperate just yet, but if we lose the lead then I think their time may be up, especially given the possibility that the season may be called early. I'm hoping that the cup game may allow us to relax a bit and play some football without the pressure of having to win 3 points, then hope that that can be carried into the league.

Also agree, a new manager would be either a miracle worker or rank shite. Would guess that M&M will still be on a Thompson/LM contract which would probably cost a rocket to get rid of. Of the names mentioned for replacement who do we trust that would be better? Like it or lump it were stuck with this squad and probably this management pair until a further deterioration ie January results are like our last three games, and even then I’m not sure any board would take the gamble. Whatever a massive rebuild in summer regardless. 

27 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Good result to wake up too and keeps our mini run going.  Bayview is turning into a difficult place for teams to come to this season. 

Mon eh Fife!! Chuffed for you guys today, bit of a cliche, BUT, it's a really hard league to get out of. Well done guys, good three points

!!