Sign in to follow this  
Bantabairn

East Fife v Falkirk

A pleasing start to 2021 a hard and very well deserved victory. East Fife by far the better footballing team throughout the 90 minutes. Falkirk looked short on quality all over the park and looked brutal defensively. Don’t know where that guy Hall came from but he could live till 100 and never be a football player. The expected on slaughter at the end never materialised and we seen that out very comfortably. Kevin Smith was outstanding and that was some save from Brett Long. 

Alston is looking more and more like another Rory loy feck up. Could be an expensive mistake as he's was supposed to be our marquee signing and yet has been awful along with the vast majority of the two managers signings. Alarm bells were ringing after their top contacts saw the likes of Todd and da vita brought in and their subsequent signings have in the main been just as bad.

Some are more forceful than others in voicing their unhappiness, but there is no mass hysteria. The “top of the table” stuff is irrelevant given where we were three weeks ago. M&M have blown it spectacularly...that cannot be denied. We have given two or three good performances this season, but that’s about it. I said last week we were one bad result away from fucking this up, and blimey, they have gone and done it.

That performance today reeked of a team not clear on who was doing what. We could (and should) have been on the end of a thrashing today. I ŵill repeat myself.....this is NOT “bad day at the office, we move on”. This is a hesitant and uncertain management team seeing their system start to come apart at the seams.
They won’t change it, because they don’t know how. Maybe time to retire Amarillo, and go for Annie’s “The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow” simply because that’s what Gary Deans’ communications will start to sound like if this allowed to unravel much further.

8 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

What on earth are you talking about 

Losing to QOS is bad but East Fife 😆! Did you have thousands of fans locked out of the ground?

There are always decent options.  In theory we're in the perfect position for a decent manager to come in and make an impact (ie sitting below where we should be)  I'm sure we'd get a barrowload of applications - of course the board then need to choose the best one which we don't exactly have a track record of doing.  

2 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Kev Smith was outstanding today. MotM by a mile.

Think they had winners all over the park. Huge worry for us all is that apart from a couple of decent forty fives, we’ve never really hit top form. Today we simply looked like we had eleven strangers who didn’t look like they were interested. Won’t name individuals as already mentioned, but some players should never wear the shirt again. EF didn’t telly need to play that well which tells it own story. From being in a position of a possible nine or so points clear and running into mid season, we’re looking really poor. 

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Alston is looking more and more like another Rory loy feck up. Could be an expensive mistake as he's was supposed to be our marquee signing and yet has been awful along with the vast majority of the two managers signings. Alarm bells were ringing after their top contacts saw the likes of Todd and da vita brought in and their subsequent signings have in the main been just as bad.

I agree though in Alstons defence, difficult to make an impact when the balls being shelled over your head all game.  

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

I'd approach Petrie for starters. We should be doing it just now putting the feelers out to see whose interested.  Darren young managed to easily outwit our two cretins the day despite having a far smaller budget.

either of these two or hopkin. I never think two managers works, and despite thinking m&m were great players and people for the club dont think they are the answer as management. the post match interviews dont inspire me that they know what they are doing neither does the open play. we may well be top and they may even still take us up but I dont think they are the solution to progress us as a club team. 

as an aside tried to look up sammons goals per minutes ratio and couldn't as he wadnt featured in the top 25 in league 1! 

18 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Your posts would have some credibility with me if you’d stop trying to insult everyone who wants to be a bit more considered in drawing conclusions that time is up.
I’m far from a fanboy or a fluffier. I’d like the club to succeed-and I’ve seen enough failure with reactive change of recent years.
I also hate this bottling it of some posters to seek change but not to have the balls to state who is going to come in and address the issue. I’ve asked that question several times in recent weeks but still awaiting an answer....

David Hopkin has back-to-back promotions on his CV and is currently out of a job. I'd have no problem with at least an approach to gauge his interest. Holt I would not be against either. Until you look you've no idea who else might be available. Ultimately it is the responsibility of the club, not supporters, to be continually assessing he performance of the management team and asking if they are performing to expectation and are as good as we can realistically hope to get. The answer to both of these questions as far as I am concerned is no. And if you're talking about "bottling it" look no further than the current management team and group of players.

"Let's keep the manager(s) who doesn't/don't have a clue cos you canny think of anyone else!!!11!!" is one of football fans shitest arguments. 

24 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

He's a striker, if he scores he's done his job even if he was shite

Yep that's how it works....😄

24 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

4-1 would have been a fairer reflection.

That was worse than any performance under McKinnon btw. The defence is a rabble, we are bypassing the midfield and have nothing up front. 

Morrison aside the summer signings have been atrocious. Our best players (again, Morrison aside) have been guys who McKinnon signed. Why are we relying on Leitch, Sammon, Telfer for example who were not good enough last year?

Mass overreaction, under McKinnon we went looking for a draw first of all....today we were clueless first half, less clueless 2nd half and we should've done more and I'll slate our management rightly too but I think you are forgetting McKinnon took his championship plan into the 3rd division.

Thankfully cup next week, a welcome break and hopefully a player or two in. I'd get rid of a good few also, I'm not talking sneddon types out.

13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I said from day one Alston was never the Messiah, great coup but his form was indifferent first time around, many only remember great goals .

11 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I agree though in Alstons defence, difficult to make an impact when the balls being shelled over your head all game.  

He could start by demanding the ball of our centre halves or goalie to make it happen, looks off the pace. I do go back to that he is a good player but not consistent and at the moment isnt a good/important player

The first 20 minutes have been absolutely brutal against really poor opposition
Get the fucking finger out and stop humping it 

Old firm haughty attitude doesn’t wash. We were better than you.

The most excitable commentator ever....East Fife having the ball 5 yards into our half and he was near orgasm 

You haven’t listened to Peterhead obviously

33 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Losing to QOS is bad but East Fife 😆! Did you have thousands of fans locked out of the ground?

You should know you utter w**k. Your mob lost to us often enough these past few seasons.

You haven’t listened to Peterhead obviously
Actually finding it hard to believe Falkirk fans having the hard neck to berate any other Club’s Commentators when they are guilty of unleashing the two biggest roasters ever to be given mikes, ears bleed nationally whenever you have to stream a game from their patch!!!

“Project Falkirk” would be a decent draw for someone. Whatever tick box chart the club uses for hiring managers, if it allows Hartley plus mad scheme, then McKinnon plus sad face then M&M with essentially no plan to all meet the “suitable” criteria, then they need a new tick box chart.

An excellent win. Didn’t loose the place after Falkirk scoring early in the second half and weathered what was more a half-hearted charge than a late onslaught.

The two dismal free kicks taken by Falkirk in the first couple of minutes maybe summed up their attitude.

Having now read most of the Falkirk supporters comments there is a clear message.  The team are shite. The management is shite. We may never get out of Div. 1.  Let’s get stuck into the match commentators and that will let the board know how we feel.

The sleeping giant has wet the bed but will no doubt dry out and rise again.

"Let's keep the manager(s) who doesn't/don't have a clue cos you canny think of anyone else!!!11!!" is one of football fans shitest arguments. 

We have just rightly lambasted the management team for having no planB but your solution is to sack the managers with no coherent plan to improve matters?