Sign in to follow this  
Bantabairn

East Fife v Falkirk

Seriously fucked off by the last two performances and the tactics employed.

Get steamed in from the start and get our creative players on the park instead of the negative shitehousery we witnessed today.

Falkirk seem to have gone off the boil in the last couple of games. Pressure of being favourites starting to get at them? 

Happily take a point next week and move onto what on paper should be more winnable games.

Edited by Rbon

Falkirk seem to have gone off the boil in the last couple of games. Pressure of being favourites starting to get at them? 
Happily take a point next week and move onto what on paper should be more winnable games.

We had got into a pattern of squandering loads of chances but still scoring enough to get by and the last couple of games we've created absolutely nothing.
I think we were over reliant on Morrison for creativity and we've not got the creativity or legs elsewhere to counteract teams marking him out of the game.
We need to improve quickly if we're to maintain our lead in the league.
Assuming there's no new arrivals and Keena is still injured I'd go for

Mutch
Mercer Hall Dixon Kelly
Telfer Gomis
Morrison Alston Connolly
Sammon

The Airdrie game was a poor performance from the players,  we struggled to break down a very resilient and hardworking opposition who packed 11 men behind the ball - and inevitably nicked a goal from a set piece late on in the game.

Shitebag tactics ie starting 1 up front and 3 defensive midfielders cost us against Partick Thistle. M&M rightly have to take the blame for that one.

I don't think it's the pressure of being favourites as we are where most of our supporters expected us to be. As long as we match the results from our first set of fixtures we'll be absolutely fine, so crucial to get a win here 

Mutch, Kelly, Dixon, Hall, Alston, Telfer, Connelly, Morrison and Keena would be in my team if fit every week. That leaves right back and either a striker or midfielder depending on set up.

Durnan, Todd and Leitch can go any time you wish.

Dowds, Sammon and Francis are vying for the strike partner of Keena but we need better. Miller can hang up his boots.

Gomis and Miller vying for midfield and Miller or mercer at RB.

Stop the pissing about and all the squad shite we keep hearing.

Played for a draw against Thistle and got it, shit as it was, I think we will be too strong for East Fife and will win by a couple. 

6 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Mutch, Kelly, Dixon, Hall, Alston, Telfer, Connelly, Morrison and Keena would be in my team if fit every week. That leaves right back and either a striker or midfielder depending on set up.

Durnan, Todd and Leitch can go any time you wish.

Dowds, Sammon and Francis are vying for the strike partner of Keena but we need better. Miller can hang up his boots.

Gomis and Miller vying for midfield and Miller or mercer at RB.

Stop the pissing about and all the squad shite we keep hearing.

Pretty much agree but would have Gomis as a starter.

11 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Pretty much agree but would have Gomis as a starter.

Gomis has been one of our best players so far, which at 35 tells you alot. Gary Miller has been woeful all season. We all knew we needed young lively players in midfield, we're still waiting.

On 26/12/2020 at 20:21, Angusfifer said:

This might be one of our tougher home games. I would go 4-5-1

Why should we change a successful formula at home because it’s Falkirk? This try not to lose attitude has been implied away from home and is a failure. Let’s play to OUR strengths at home and let Falkirk worry about US!!!

14 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

Will this be a pixelot effort?

No we will be using our new 4K camera. Used it for the first time v Forfar & the picture quality was superb. So that we have a balanced view on the game we will have Kenny Deuchar on co-comms. He was brilliant when he did the Airdrie game, sure he will on his A game this week! 

Tech help required.

I can cast YouTube to by Sony Bravia with Firefox, Edge & Chrome but have yet to have any success casting EFTV live broadcast, TV has internet access -  what's the secret?

On 28/12/2020 at 11:16, monthefife said:

Home win.

Hopefully a lot better than the last match, we turn up for this game though I can’t recall the last time we beat Falkirk in any of the east fife sides I have seen over the years and without those Falkirk commentary talking about pies etc...😴... hopefully.

2 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Hopefully a lot better than the last match, we turn up for this game though I can’t recall the last time we beat Falkirk in any of the east fife sides I have seen over the years.😴

I can, 3-1, old Bayview, Chris Waddle et al. Pretty sure it was Archibald's final game in charge.