Raith v Queens

2 minutes ago, RavyDavy said:

Bollocks... he's won almost every header going and distributed well. Bene at fault for first and Tumilty for 2nd yet no criticism.

It a game of opinions but good luck with that view. He’ll get murdered against the likes of Hearts, Dunfermline and Dundee. He’s incredibly poor 

On 26/12/2020 at 13:45, Rouky said:

Best outcome for Queens here would be, Game gets postponed, Johnston gets sacked and we have a decent manager in place for the rearranged game.

Do tell...

On 26/12/2020 at 13:53, embow said:

This has all the potential to be a big banana skin if we don't concentrate fully. It's not a given home win by any means as a lot would like to believe. Queens are not getting the results but we've to be very aware that they don't get a big upset one here.

On 26/12/2020 at 13:55, Margaret Thatcher said:

😂

On 26/12/2020 at 14:04, SUPERSOUTH said:

No chance 😂 only ONE league win in 2020!!

As we said...

On 26/12/2020 at 14:08, Raith_Raver said:

This is exactly the type of game we're liable to screw up, we've a lot of history.

Hope that little reminder helps you feel better, we’re fucked in January.

Every player with the exception of Thomson and Mendy were fucking awful... Benedictus needs dropped after that, Tumilty has been shit for weeks but the level of abuse on here for Mendy is unjustified. Seems like we've found another scapegoat. Far worse performances than him tonight... open your eyes.

No criticism? Are you blind?

We were pish and the better team won,well done to QOS I hope your season picks up now.

I don’t, we’re not safe by any stretch of the imagination so I hope Queens, Arbroath and Alloa barely pick up another point. As much as I like Queen of the South and their fans are a good bunch I’d rather they’re down there than us.

Wow. That really is a shocker. If ever there was a home banker it was Raith tonight.

Wins will be in short supply this season for us so I'll leave the negativity aside this evening but I think a lot of that result was down to how terrible Raith were by their usual standards. But if we take advantage of opposition off-days then it's the 3 points that matter.

Good to see Goss get his first for the club and you can see what it means to him. Cowie had a quiet game. He flapped for a cross early on (though good to see him come for it) but made a terrific save in the second half. Will do his confidence the world of good.

Hopefully Shields injury isn't too bad.

Just now, Beastie Russell said:

Really ?

we should be peppering that goalkeeper and every corner should have been right down his neck.

16 year old, debut and 1 save is all he had to make 

We'd need to have gotten hold of the ball in the final third first.

Just very poor tonight. Said at half time that Queens had a compact shape off the ball and pressed us well in the middle. Our midfield didn't really show up. Didn't seem to have any ideas how to beat the press. Meanwhile our full backs seemed to let everything run under them. 

Special mention to Armstrong, Ross and Tumilty who seemed determined to run into two Queens players every time they got the ball. Suspect a wee bit too much of believing their own hype, instead of trying to recycle the ball.

Guest 4RedCards
6 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

16-yr-old goalkeeper you say?

Yip, and hardly a thing to do, St Joe’s will be proud, well done son 👏👏👏
CHARLIE is ma darlin

Edited by 4RedCards

On 27/12/2020 at 16:46, Broken Algorithms said:

there's always a degree of concern when opposition fans are so adamant that they'll lose: Falkirk and Cowdenbeath fans in particular have been horrendously guilty of talking down their teams in the past only to show up and take all three points.

On 26/12/2020 at 19:38, Mr X said:

Brackets (brackets) incoming

On 26/12/2020 at 19:45, Rouky said:

Best outcome for Queens here would be, Game gets postponed, Johnston gets sacked and we have a decent manager in place for the rearranged game.

On 26/12/2020 at 20:04, SUPERSOUTH said:

No chance 😂 only ONE league win in 2020!!

On 26/12/2020 at 20:22, 19QOS19 said:

This is the story of almost every one of our match threads so far this season. I can forgive fans who haven't witnessed our shiteness this season but you've already watched us this season so you've no excuse to have such idiotic views. Have a bloody word with yourselves!

On 26/12/2020 at 20:27, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, that recurring theme of fans thinking they can take nothing for granted when playing us.

The truth is that they absolutely can take three points for granted.  The only uncertainty concerns the scale of the boost to their goal difference.

On 26/12/2020 at 20:41, Fae_the_'briggs said:

We're led to believe that its the time of year for immaculate miracles but expecting our defence and midfield players to turn into semi competent players in the space of four days is just taking working miracles a bit too far.  Raith Rovers will really need to have a massive off night to lose this one. 

f**k. Right. Off.