Raith v Queens

Going in to this game I am confident of only one thing.  We will lose.  The only uncertain thing is how many goals we will concede.

This season is a bit watching a bad horror movie over and over again.  Any team who is halfway decent at getting crosses in to the box will score.

51 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Confident we'll get a win here but there's always a degree of concern when opposition fans are so adamant that they'll lose: Falkirk and Cowdenbeath fans in particular have been horrendously guilty of talking down their teams in the past only to show up and take all three points.

It'll be interesting to see how we line up. Jamie MacDonald went off at half time yesterday and I doubt we'll get an update until tomorrow on whether he'll be fit for the game. Duku took a slight knock (which seems to happen every other week) but Lokotsch got among the goals too which will give him a bit of reassurance. 

After this one, we've got the Pars away, Dundee and Caley at home, Hearts home and away. That's a tough run of games by any stretch but we've already caught more than a few teams by surprise. 

Please see below for reasons why we are adamant we will lose.  We are not talking down our team, if anything we are being optimistic by mostly suggesting a 2 or 3 goal defeat.

5 hours ago, Flash said:

After 9 games, the Gus team had 8 points and a goal difference of minus 3 (9 for 12 against).
This shower have 4 points and a goal difference of minus 15 (10 for 25 against). 
So they have half the points total, have scored one more goal and have conceded 13 more.

In the games we have lost (which have been to all 7 of the full-time sides) the longest we have held out before going behind is 40 minutes. The shortest is less than 1 minute. The average is 18 minutes. The numbers are - 1, 12, 12, 19, 20, 20 and 40. (I have taken a goal conceded in, say 21 mins as meaning we held out for 20 mins).
Results against the 7 full-time teams P7 W0 D0 L7  7 goals scored 24 conceded, so conceding an average of 3.43 per game

I'd be happy if jmac was rested for this one even if he is ok after going off. No point in risking him when let's be honest we'd rather take the 3 points next Saturday. Thomson is a decent backup to have. Similarly play lokotsch or ugwu up front and give duku time to recover as well. I'd be disappointed if we didn't take the 3 points from this game and hopefully lessons have been learned defensively from the first game against qots. As much as I don't think mendy is very good, his aerial presence could be an asset in this one considering how poor we looked from corners against qots in the first game. He also won't have dobbie to deal with so hopefully it is more long punts up the pitch he has to deal with which would work in his and our favour. We don't have great depth so I don't we will see any drastic changes unless injury forces it this season.

Going in to this game I am confident of only one thing.  We will lose.  The only uncertain thing is how many goals we will concede.
This season is a bit watching a bad horror movie over and over again.  Any team who is halfway decent at getting crosses in to the box will score.
Not having that. Horror films are at least entertaining.

39 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Katboy said:

Not having that. Horror films are at least entertaining.

I think 50% or so of the viewers each match find it entertaining enough.... 

Expecting Duku, JMac and KMac to miss the game...we’ll probably do well initially and then ship a couple. Dobbie out helps our chances, call it 4-2.

Nothing wrong with JMac he was just cold and wanted a coat on the bench [emoji23]. Dobbie out is a huge plus for us as he always scores. Yup might be worth giving Duku a rest if he’s taken a knock and give Lars a chance. Queens are poor at the moment but they’ll sucker punch someone so need to make sure we’re not complacent. We all remember the dreadful MorTen team that put Celtic on their arse and in comparison Queens are Barcelona.

17 minutes ago, Mr X said:
18 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:
I see it’s all going off over in the QoS thread.
To clarify is George Galloway an adopted QoS fan or an estranged Dundee fan?

Yes

Do you do the official club statements?