Aberdeen v St Johnstone -Boxing Day

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Coming in to a, late, tackle from behind is stupid when on a yellow, even if you get a foot on the ball.

MOH and Hendry both players we need to play well, and both have been complete liabilities this season.

Punt them both.

Na, I agree with JB. A foul at worst, he got the ball. Never a yellow.  Right in front of the benches and its accompanied by the usual hysterical screaming from the bench that sways a terrible ref.   Fair play to Aberdeen, it serves them well.

2 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

A second yellow for that? First booking must have been dissent but that’s not a yellow card really ever. Clearly trying to play the ball, might have got the man before it slightly but to put him off for that? Nonsense.

He's clearly came through the back of him. That's as obvious a yellow as you'll ever see.

Didn't see the first half thankfully but that was routine stuff. Referee spoiled the game for both sides in the second half. St Johnstone playing the direct ball on to Taylor's head far too often.

Important three points, especially considering Hibs lost. Dire first half. Better second half, without ever being anything close to great. Kennedy and especially Hayes improved and more influential when they switched flanks. Taylor MOTM - dominant at the back and took his goal well. Cosgrove better than previous weeks, too - won the penalty and scored it, and did a passable job of trying to hold the ball and link even when the service was poor and the support was pretty much non-existent. 

7 minutes ago, Don exotic said:

That says everything about the quality of the game. 

Think Ash Taylor is a lot better than some fans rate. We have so many players missing but got 10 out 12 points and defence of Considine, Hoban and Taylor have been excellent in defence especially with the lack of creativity in the team.

6 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I know you like to play a character but I’ve never heard of a tackle being late when they guy still has the ball at his feet.

To me he'd lost control of the ball and stretches in to try and recover it.

Needless, rash, and exactly what Hendry does constantly.

FWIW I thought this was promising performance from us.

Far more solid in open play than we've been for months. Thats the set up we use going forwards IMO.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

FWIW I thought this was promising performance from us.

Far more solid in open play than we've been for months. Thats the set up we use going forwards IMO.

Moving away from the awful trolling and hysteria in this thread, I agree. Also though Shaun Rooney was excellent and Kerr’s got a serious issue trying to get back in the team. 2 strikers gives us a chance to hold onto the ball and create at the right end. Don’t see where Conway and O’Halloran got back in, not that it’s necessarily a bad thing.