Aberdeen v St Johnstone -Boxing Day

Calamity Clownshoes in these conditions would be terrifying. Anyone in Dingwall last winter will still be having flashbacks to a performance for the ages. 

We have a very good record on Boxing Day but a point today would be massive. Disappointing to have that attitude when a month ago we went toe-to-toe with Hibernian at Easter Road. 

Haven't really picked a team in these threads this season as both been happy with what the manager was doing and knowing that he has his preferred style. But today:

Parish

Rooney - Gordon - McCart 

McNamara - Davidson - Craig - McCann - Tanser

Hendry - May

The penultimate listed there probably doesn't deserve the jersey ahead of Kane but willing to give him another chance as we could really do with him finding some form and confidence. 

If he want to play Bryson instead of Davidson and have the latter protecting the defence then fine but we need someone in that pocket. 

It's a shame that Melamed has been a waste of time after the excitement around his arrival. I wasn't prepared to write him off as quickly as others but accept now that he isn't going to play a big part for us. 

If the injuries haven't cleared up and Booth has to play, the bench is going to be sparse with O'Halloran joining Kerr on the sidelines. At least we have McNamara until after the County game. 

Aberdeen players play an almost identical set up to us, but have far better players to play the system, so we have to win the midfield battle. Dont know if 3-5-2 or some variant of 4-3-3 would be best, either way I feel like MOH was probably a good option on the wing to try and exploit space on the counter behind Hayes/v Considine.

Horrible feeling we'll continue plodding on with the 5-2-3 and just change a couple of players, ironically this could work, as the tactic is all about playing on the counter.

We really need another winger with pace, and a striker who can actually play well on his own up front.

1 hour ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

This is clearly generating huge excitement with no thread seven hours before kick off!

For us Clark needs dropped and we need to go back to basics. Shitfest it and hope for the best.

Are we allowed to post on national forums with the new lockdown rules or just shout football chat at our nearest neighbours?

Hoping the dons can win so the new Aberdeen FC clothing for my son and I is still being worn into the new year. COYR🎅🏻

High winds forecast for 3pm - this should be good.

We’ve gone from playing relatively intricate football a couple of months back, to basically getting wide and putting a series of nothing balls in to the opponents’ first man.

McCrorie will be a miss - albeit he’s not quite been as good since his bout of Covid.
This is normally a ‘stuffy’ fixture and I have a feeling both sides will look like they’ve had too much plum duff.

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

High winds forecast for 3pm - this should be good.

We’ve gone from playing relatively intricate football a couple of months back, to basically getting wide and putting a series of nothing balls in to the opponents’ first man.

McCrorie will be a miss - albeit he’s not quite been as good since his bout of Covid.
This is normally a ‘stuffy’ fixture and I have a feeling both sides will look like they’ve had too much plum duff.

If the cross beats the first man against Saints there's a good chance it'll result in a goal. Doesn't need to be a great cross either. 

Free header or if not a chance from the second ball all but guaranteed at least once in the 90 mins. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Probably agree with Radfords team,although I thought of 4-2-3-1,with Liam and Muzz in front of the back 4,a 3 of Danny,Ali and Tanser would  give us plenty legs,really need to be hard to beat today,Tommy went to Thistle a few years ago after a poor run and totally went for a clean sheet set up,which we got,and we kicked on from it

Edited by glenrothes 1884 saint

Lewis

Hoban - Taylor - Considine

McLennan - Ferguson - Campbell - Hayes

Hedges - Cosgrove - Kennedy

I'd like to see something like that, I think. McCrorie will be a miss, although he hasn't been as good since returning from his last absence. Main is better than holding the ball in than Cosgrove, but I want a proper goal threat up there so I'd like to see Cosgrove back in the team. I fully expect Main to start and score a hat-trick now that I've said this. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

The last of the holy boring trinity of Killie, Well and Fermers. 

Thank f**k. The SPFL must have thought they'd take the utter pish by giving us the 3 of them all in one week. 

Another 0-0 would seem to be the sensible man's wager.

Edited by Bob Mahelp

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

If the cross beats the first man against Saints there's a good chance it'll result in a goal. Doesn't need to be a great cross either. 

Free header or if not a chance from the second ball all but guaranteed at least once in the 90 mins. 

If any of our crosses beat the first man it will be because they're on their way out for a throw in. 

1-0 dons, scorer- Lewis, assist- Gale force winds. 

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

If any of our crosses beat the first man it will be because they're on their way out for a throw in. 

1-0 dons, scorer- Lewis, assist- Gale force winds. 

We've conceded 3 goals within a couple of touches of an opposition throw in the last 3 games.

Genuinely just get a long throw into the box and have someone on the edge of the box, and they'll have a clear shot.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

We've conceded 3 goals within a couple of touches of an opposition throw in the last 3 games.

Genuinely just get a long throw into the box and have someone on the edge of the box, and they'll have a clear shot.

You're safe enough. A throw in on the edge of your box will be an excellent opportunity to work the ball back to the keeper so he can launch it. 

Would very much like to see us 4 at the back. Might be suicide but we're in freefall just because we're just so easy to play against. I'd be happy with 4-4-2.

Parish

MacN     Gordon     McCart    Tanser

Conway  McCann   Craig   Spoons

May  Kane

Virtually no chance we'll see that team though. 

One goal wins this IMO. 

One of these games where no fans hinders us?

Felt like the Aberdeen fans weren't slow on getting onto their side if they weren't battering us from the first minute.