Ross County v St Mirren.

9 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

I disagree. You see it far too often that players will use the period between committing an offence and being booked for it as an apparent free period in which you can commit other bookable offences with impunity.

More refs should start counting them up and punishing them separately.

Sometimes you see players getting a grace period of about 30 minutes between bookings. Players seem to don an invisibility cloak where they get 3 or 4 more "free hits" before they either screw the nut, or end up walking. A good example was Lewis Ferguson in the recent cup game, and whilst his second booking may have eventually been soft, he could easily have been off in the first half hour. To be fair, you could probably say the same for Erhahon in a couple of recent games .

As I said, I've no sympathy for Draper at all. If you listen to the misery hunters podcast about the first game v county, from a guy who was in the ground, Draper was heavily involved in getting Shaugnessy sent off, it was him doing the screaming and shouting and leading the charge to hound the ref and start the pushing. That obviously wasn't forgotten as you don't really see St Mirren players react like that very often.

21 hours ago, Loki said:

That’s the first game I have paid for since early on in the season where you could barely watch the stream.  So from that point of view it was excellent.

County started well and could easily have been a couple of goals to the good.  Reid picked up two needless bookings however the ref wasn’t consistent with this as others had harsher fouls go with a mention before Reid got his first. 

After that we didn’t have much of a look in, and when Draper got sent off the silliest reason, it was the most one sided game I have ever seen at County for a long time. 

Can’t wait for the registration window to open so at least we can get Naismith in to play.  

You're right, Draper had at least two clear yellow card fouls in the first half with nothing given.

Even the Ross County commentators were saying that.

13 hours ago, Ric said:

Let's be honest here, if that had happened to us we'd be livid. I've honestly never seen two yellows given like that before. Has anyone else?

Aye, have seen it a few times(it is very rare though). Once in a champions league game(Real Madrid I think) and an English game(no idea who though).

Have found the highlights of the champions league game, the incident is near the end. Annoyingly it only shows you the ref showing the red, but it was 2 yellows(one for the bad tackle and one for the shove)

Madrid Ajax highlights

Edited by alang1993