Ross County v St Mirren.

That Draper sending off is a joke. It’s a yellow for the shove and move on. 

Utter stupidity from Reid.
Lovely cross and finish for our second.
Pleased with 3 points in howling conditions.
Yellow prob harsh but he did catch him. Soft admittedly. It was ignoring 17 blows of the refs whistle that got his 2nd, deserved imo

4 hours ago, Ralstonite said:

Get Junior Morias tae f**k.

Feel that's harsh. I know he's not brilliant and struggles to finish, but he is a complete menace to defences. We've brought him on a few times against tiring defences and he's caused them to drop deeper. I think he's best playing with Obika as a striker too. 

I've seen plenty of rubbish up top for Saints but he's actually got his uses. 

Feel that's harsh. I know he's not brilliant and struggles to finish, but he is a complete menace to defences. We've brought him on a few times against tiring defences and he's caused them to drop deeper. I think he's best playing with Obika as a striker too. 
I've seen plenty of rubbish up top for Saints but he's actually got his uses. 

He has his uses until it comes to the final decision when he has to make a pass or shoot.

He is a nuisance for defenders to deal with, guaranteed if he played for another team up here he'd score about 10 a season but it's just not happening with us.

He has his uses until it comes to the final decision when he has to make a pass or shoot.

He is a nuisance for defenders to deal with, guaranteed if he played for another team up here he'd score about 10 a season but it's just not happening with us.
Nailed it. Like I said on other thread, has it all until it comes to crossing or finishing. Time to cut him loose imo.

20 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Agree about the improvement in  club TV channels. I hope when fans are allowed back in, its allowed to be kept as an additional income stream for clubs. A lot of people, for reasons of geography  finance or other commitments, cant make every game but would use something like this as a PPV.

I really hope it doesn’t continue, the more fans in the stadium the better. Having the option of a stream is only going to bring the attendance down and affect the atmosphere. Can you imagine a dreary midweek game in February between Saints and Hamilton and where you would get in from work and start getting yourself ready to head to the game you have the option of planting yourself on the couch and watching the game in the comfort of your own home. Attendances would be in hundreds. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

48 minutes ago, GAD said:

f**k Draper btw, that c**t was heavily involved in getting Shaughnessy sent off in the first game. What goes around comes around and I for one was delighted to see that absolute w**k sent off.

Indeed.

The guy spends his time on the dirty margins of the game and if you fly your feet around too often then don't be surprised if you get shot with the crows.

37 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I really hope it doesn’t continue, the more fans in the stadium the better. Having the option of a stream is only going to bring the attendance down and affect the atmosphere. Can you imagine a dreary midweek game in February between Saints and Hamilton and where you would get in from work and start getting yourself ready to head to the game you have the option of planting yourself on the couch and watching the game in the comfort of your own home. Attendances would be in hundreds. 

I take your point, i was thinking more for away fans or those who live a long way away. The only benefit of this situation is that i think I've seen every Saints game this season apart from the QOS one.

4 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I take your point, i was thinking more for away fans or those who live a long way away. The only benefit of this situation is that i think I've seen every Saints game this season apart from the QOS one.

I was going to add I do sympathise with people who can’t make the game due to geography or work commitments etc. but unfortunately you will have people that stay in Paisley taking advantage of the stream too and taking numbers off the gate. It’s worked well during these abnormal times and as you say getting to see every game is good, but when football comes back as we know it then the streams will need to stop for the benefit of the actual match day atmosphere. 

14 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

I was wondering if he had a minor injury and was rested for this game, same as Tait coming off at HT, as this was a bigger game.

Got some sympathy for RC today, and I know I’d be raging at the ref for Draper’s sending off (though, he was very lucky not to already be on a yellow at that point).

RC’s commentary team and set up were excellent. As were Hibs’ on Wednesday night. One small (very small) silver lining on the Covid front is that club TV is in the main coming on hugely.

As for Saints, three points and a banana skin avoided.

Pretty sure fans of both teams were shitting it when the second red was shown!

Going by Goodwin's interview after the Hibs game it sounded like he'd taken a head knock during training and was left out of Tuesday as a precaution.

13 hours ago, GAD said:

f**k Draper btw, that c**t was heavily involved in getting Shaughnessy sent off in the first game. What goes around comes around and I for one was delighted to see that absolute w**k sent off.

Draper has got away with us so much over the years it's nice to see him get sent off for bugger all. Pretty much every game against us for Caley or County he's done niggly, dirty stuff that would have Goodwin off before half-time due to his reputation yet Draper rarely even gets booked. Lovely to finally see him get sent off yesterday.

We made hard work of that - should have been a bit more willing to have a shot rather than look for that final killer pass - Fraser showed what can happen when someone has  ago. Got there in the end though and a good day all round :)

Recent games have shown us to be actively going forward in the final 15 minutes. Refreshing that we are trying to win as opposed to parking the bus hoping to hang on to a point. Fitness must be a factor but also a change of mindset that Goodwin has instilled in the players. Scoring late winning goals is so un-St Mirren-like !!

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Recent games have shown us to be actively going forward in the final 15 minutes. Refreshing that we are trying to win as opposed to parking the bus hoping to hang on to a point. Fitness must be a factor but also a change of mindset that Goodwin has instilled in the players. Scoring late winning goals is so un-St Mirren-like !!

For a while under Kearney we were looking really fit and scored a few late goals. It's brilliant to see, I wonder how much of that is down to Junior Mendes. 

That’s the first game I have paid for since early on in the season where you could barely watch the stream.  So from that point of view it was excellent.

County started well and could easily have been a couple of goals to the good.  Reid picked up two needless bookings however the ref wasn’t consistent with this as others had harsher fouls go with a mention before Reid got his first. 

After that we didn’t have much of a look in, and when Draper got sent off the silliest reason, it was the most one sided game I have ever seen at County for a long time. 

Can’t wait for the registration window to open so at least we can get Naismith in to play.  

I disagree. You see it far too often that players will use the period between committing an offence and being booked for it as an apparent free period in which you can commit other bookable offences with impunity.

More refs should start counting them up and punishing them separately.