Clyde vs Airdrieonians

The first twenty five minutes of that game featured some of the worst defending I have ever seen at a professional level and absolutely honking goalkeeping, too. 

It was fucking brilliant. Thanks to all involved. 

On 29/12/2020 at 16:15, airdrieman said:

A Scottish court found Goodwillie to be a rapist. Indeed, it's the only conclusive conclusion that's ever been made on the whole case, based on the evidence of 20 reliable and credible witnesses, forensic and medical evidence and the judgement of an experienced judge. So unless you think that they're, ahem, wrong then there's no conclusion other than Goodwillie is a rapist scumbag. 

I can't even begin to imagine what the victims of Lithgow, Goodwillie's and all other victims of sexual crime have, and continue, to go through. It's particularly harrowing for rape victims given the nature of that crime, the notorious difficulties they face in court and, like in Goodwillie's case, where the victims often have their name dragged through the mud, they're branded a liar, a slut, a whore, asking for it etc. There's a real nasty culture around rape and sexual assault in this country and if you'd rather side with a rapist than with a victim then you contribute to it. So no, I don't think you get to play the victim card. 

Some crimes are worse than others. That's in a rudimentary way, how the criminal justice works. So aye, Goodwillie's crime is worse than Duncan Ferguson's. Indeed, it's probably the most heinous and evil crime you could commit.  

Being a footballer is very different from working in a menial job. It's high profile, (at least relatively) lucrative, has good working conditions, probably the best working hours of any job and is also a dream job for almost every person with an interest in the sport. That comes with a position of privilege and responsibility. A privilege and responsibility that Goodwillie revoked when he raped somebody. I don't think Goodwillie should never be able to work or make a living for himself but he should not be working in as privileged an industry as he is where he continues to be lauded, praised and practically hero-worshipped with little regard to his crime or his victim. 

So I will never countenance giving Clyde or other employees of rapists a drop of my money until he is no longer in there employment. If Clyde have a problem with that or their threads being clogged up with discussions about Goodwillie, then they should have simply not signed a rapist.  

I'm gonna bite here.

All my life (and I'm no youngster) I've grown up believing anybody accused of a crime would have the right to be judged by his/her peers, and either found guilty or not.

This option was not available to Goodwillie, following the decision made by the Procurator Fiscal that there was no chance of obtaining a conviction in this case.

The only reason this ended up in a Civil court is the fact that the 2 accused were professional footballers at the time, and obviously earning a lot of money. If this had been you/me or Joe Bloggs - it would never have got anywhere near a court.

IMO it's wrong that anyone should be able to profit financially from a decision made in a civil court. I'm certainly not saying that is what happened in this case, but it's wrong that there should be a financial incentive for anyone to bring a case to court in the first place. 

Having read quite a lot about this case (even before Goodwillie signed for Clyde) it seems that a major factor in the decision of the judge was the fact that the claimant was a lot more articulate than the defendants (in particular Goodwillie). This should not have been a factor IMO, and creates a dangerous precedent.

And my final point - once anybody has been convicted of an offence, and completed their punishment (whether it be a prison sentence, or a financial penalty as in this case) how are they supposed to support themselves (and family ?) afterwards - unless they continue with whatever trade they are qualified in? There have been at least 2 cases in recent years that I can think of in England where players have continued their careers after serving prison sentences for causing the death of innocent people.

17 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

On a positive note I'd like to thank the Clyde PPV  Graham Forrest,  for their prompt return of my payment,  when I was unable to get logged on for the game.  If we are still due an away game I will try to pay it back.

Sorry you had issues Chapelhall chap. Wasn’t a great game for you to miss, from an Airdrie perspective!

On a positive note I'd like to thank the Clyde PPV  Graham Forrest,  for their prompt return of my payment,  when I was unable to get logged on for the game.  If we are still due an away game I will try to pay it back.
How do I go about getting a refund.

As a Clyde supporter I had a perfect stream but the players didn't seem to be working correctly.